The case against reality by Donald Hoffman

SOTTREADER

The Living Force
This book popped up on Amazon as a recommendation and I picked it up as it seemed intriguing. Has anyone read it or listened to interviews from the author?

The basic premise is our senses and those of animals will not have evolved to reveal to us "objective reality" but rather, they evolved to allow us to take actions to survive. Objective reality is therefore hidden from us and instead we are presented with an interface that allows us to interact with the underlying objective reality in a way that promotes our ability to survive long enough to produce offspring.

An analogy he uses is the interface for your computer screen. As I type this, I see words and various icons that allow me to do stuff e.g. to delete or insert spaces between words. The words and icons are not "real" though, they don't exist underneath the screen. A more fundamental reality exists below the screen and pixels and the interface is there to make me better able to use the device in a meaningful way. In this sense, he says that "space time" is an interface presented to us by our senses and it is not the fundamental reality. A bit of a mind warp!

Apparently some structure has been suggested outside space / time called "amplituhedron" but it is still early days. Here is a brief interview with one of the physicists behind it

Here's a podcast with Daniel Hoffman where he basically presents his theory

One interesting thought that came to mind when reading the book and also watching the podcast was - do other species have the same interface with reality as us? What about 4th Density Beings - would they for example see an apple as we see the apple? What does distance look like for them? etc.

If what we experience as reality via our senses is an interface, which I understand it is with a mathematical probability of 100% (as mentioned in the book and video), then I suppose it is what the C's call 3D. I expect 4D is an entirely different sort of interface suitable for a different type of Being. Btw, even the way we perceive our bodies apparently is part of the interface and it's all geared towards helping us survive as we interact with the outside world via our senses.

Back
Top Bottom