"The Coming: A Boeing Whistleblower’s Warning"

Alaska Airlines was the one with the door blowout incident, by the way.

Alaska Airlines Pauses All Departures Nationwide After Tech Issues
The Federal Aviation Administration issued an advisory Wednesday morning for Alaska Airlines to pause departures across all airports Wednesday, a halt the major airline said was related to a problem with its system for calculating weight.
The FAA did not give a reason for the ground stop
The advisory, issued around 7:50 a.m. PT, ordered “all Alaska mainline and subcarrier flights ground stopped,” though flights on Skywest—an Alaska Airlines partner—were allowed to continue.
The ground stop expired around 8:30 a.m. PT and Alaska has begun releasing flights for departure, but “residual delays are expected throughout the day,” Alaska Airlines told Forbes in a statement.
Alaska Airlines said it requested the ground stop for all Alaska and Horizon flights after it “experienced an issue while performing an upgrade to the system that calculates our weight and balance.

Send a little prayer my way, I'll be on a Boeing 737-900 twin-jet on Sunday. 😵
I survived, travel crystal in my backpack. Speaking of airlines, United makes it near impossible to use credit for a cancelled trip. They limit flights on which it can be used (most probably do that). For a domestic flight the equivalent of a mere 16-hour drive, to use my credit, they jacked up the total cost to >$2100. It was one third cheaper to lose the credit and take another airline (though two of four legs were on a Boeing).

The parts continue to fall off those Boeings, this time the emergency slide from a 767... How the heck do you lose that if you're not even supposed to deploy it mid-air and it should be tucked away nicely in the fuselage somewhere?

picture:

Back
Top Bottom