The Emerald Tables of Thoth... and the Zed

G

First of all... HI EVERYBODY!!!
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this...If not please put it where it fits (and sorry for my PROBABILY not-so-good English, too...)
Now, have you ever read about these "Emerald Tables of Thoth"? I found the material quite interesting. Altough it is pretty criptical, there are SOME analogies with the C's material...It would take a good amount of time describing them one per one, and sure an higher knowledge of the English language... Probabily it would be better for you to resarch it on Google... The reading will take a day or two...
Particularly interesting is the point about the "Ascension" (so to speak) of Thoth, which includes some kind of SHC (self human combustion)... Does it remember something to you? Sure, it could just be a metaphor referred to the Burning of the Knowledge (Yes, the Knowlege...)
Then there are speakings about a cristal in the Great Piramid sending a "ray in the space/time".
Or about a spaceship buried around the sphinx that will allow us to... "win easily"...
I am probabily missing some major points of the story...
I would love to hear your toughts about this material, and maybe the C's, too.
And speaking about the Great Piramid, What do you think about the Zed?
Considering the strange phenomenon around it, I think it is probabily some kind of "machine" which can help one "leaving the body" in some way...but I'm still pretty unsure on the matter.

Hello Horus, if you use the search function at the top of the page, you'll find several threads on Thoth. Assuming this is the 'Thoth' material of which you speak, you'll find that it is not highly regarded here and for good reason - but it would be best for you to read the threads that already cover it for more insight.

Emerald tablets like these - _http://crystalinks.com/emerald.html ??

I always like to cut into the cool part first, so I read a bit from "SUPPLEMENTARY TABLET XV: Secret of Secrets"

Emeral Tablet of Thoth said:
When ye have released the self from the body,
rise to the outermost bounds of your earth-plane.
Speak ye the word Dor-E-Lil-La.

Then for a time your Light will be lifted,
free may ye pass the barriers of space.
For a time of half of the sun (six hours),
free may ye pass the barriers of earth-plane,
see and know those who are beyond thee.

Yea, to the highest worlds may ye pass.
See your own possible heights of unfoldment,
know all earthly futures of Soul.
So.. All this Work of ours is an overkill, for all the heavenly ascension stuff has to do with simple PASSWORD PROTECTION ! Great, we can go back to sleep now, we know The Secret.

One of the greatest mysteries to me is where on Earth did this guy Doreal gett these 'emerald tablets' from?? And I wonder if he is still around, now? Apparently way back in 1929, he started up his own 'church'. Looks like the type of thing VB might be interested in - I wonder if he's a member?

from here:
_http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,888341,00.html

Time mag in conjuction with CNN said:
Shangri-la, Colo.
Monday, Sep. 16, 1946 Two hundred men, women & children sweated away last week to convert an isolated Colorado canyon into an atomic foxhole. They hurried to finish roads, houses, power plant, workshop and administration building before atom bombs rained down to wipe out civilization. Dr. Doreal had said it would be "soon, probably sooner." When the radioactive dust had settled at last, they—the Brotherhood of the White Temple—would emerge from their hideout, help set civilization going again.

Dr. Doreal is a chubby, bald little man with glittery eyes who turned up 17 years ago in Denver, Colo, and incorporated a new church: the Brotherhood of the White Temple. He said he was part Choctaw, born on an Oklahoma reservation and that, after serving in the Signal Corps during World War I, he had gone to Tibet and been received into the inner circle of the Royal Order of Shamballa Priests.

To goggle-eyed followers he told still more: about the subterranean Great White Lodge, 75 miles beneath the Forbidden City of Lhasa and reached by a "gravity-neutralizing" elevator, where a twelve-man Supreme Council met in a white-metal hall to plan world strategy. "Archbishop" Doreal assured brotherhood members that he kept in constant touch with the council by sending his soul back to Tibet by "astral projection."

Under the leadership of Dr. Doreal and his astral remote control, Denver's Brotherhood of the White Temple prospered. By 1942 it had acquired an imposing downtown mansion. Here, pink-cheeked Prophet Doreal, garbed in a gold-trimmed robe of purple silk, addressed his followers from a throne that had once belonged to Mexico's Emperor Maximilian (see cut).

Men & women came to hear Doreal talk of "onement with the universal mind" or "full illumination," and to be bound together by the "thaumaturgic power that was exercised by Christ and his disciples." Members of any faith were welcome, were not required to abandon their previous beliefs or their minor vices. Leader Doreal supplied them with his own interpretations of the Gospels.

But as to the religions with which the brotherhood would lead the postatomic world, "Archbishop" Doreal took care last week to be as misty as the distant Himalayas. Said he: "Our foundation is Christian, but our interpretation differs from that of the orthodox groups. . . . We're reasonable people, not fanatics." His most explicit expression of faith: "I am a Republican."
Great! Now we all know who's doing all the housekeeping in those underground bases in Colorado!

Time Mag said:
His most explicit expression of faith: "I am a Republican."
Oh, boy! Now that's revealing! Back in 1946, too!

Ok now, clearly there was a misunderstanding...
For anart, the "Thoth material" I'm referring to can be found trough the link posted by j0da.
For j0da, the piece you reported from the tablets can be interpreted in different ways. For example,"Dor-E-Lil-La could be used as a mantram.
A mantra is a concatenation of sounds which create a "channel" (so to speak), which open your consciousness to higher influences. Now, if you sit down, your legs crossed, and repeat <<OM...OM...OM...>>, this will not reveal to you the truth about the whole universe. Otherwise, if you meditate on it for a GOOD amount of time, maybe it will "reveal"... "something", at least. Can you see what I mean?
For Ruth, I was not referring to this Dorean guy, but your question fits very good: Where have the original tablets been found? Where are they now? Actually, we only have translations. No sources at all! Sure, this isn't very positive, and we have to remember that we haven' t clear informations 'bout this, but I think that maybe the contents have to be analized too. And, sure, the C's material would be a very good referring point in their analization, I think.
Anyway, it is interesting that the tablets "seem" to have been found in 1925 and that this Dorean guy started his "church" in 1929. I have heard only twice about he, but maybe there IS some connection between this Dorean and the Tablets...

Horus said:
For example,"Dor-E-Lil-La could be used as a mantram.
So could "do-bee-do-bee-do"

Horus said:
A mantra is a concatenation of sounds which create a "channel" (so to speak), which open your consciousness to higher influences.
Sez who?

Horus said:
Now, if you sit down, your legs crossed, and repeat <<OM...OM...OM...>>, this will not reveal to you the truth about the whole universe. Otherwise, if you meditate on it for a GOOD amount of time, maybe it will "reveal"... "something", at least.
For how long, and what can I expect to be revealed to me? Will I like it? It is safe? Does my insurance cover any negative results?

Horus said:
Can you see what I mean?
I think what you are saying is that mantras are potentially beneficial in revealing things to people.

Joe

Horus said:
Now, if you sit down, your legs crossed, and repeat <<OM...OM...OM...>>, this will not reveal to you the truth about the whole universe. Otherwise, if you meditate on it for a GOOD amount of time, maybe it will "reveal"... "something", at least.
Actually, I tried it, among other things. All kinds of images were coming to my mind, not much revealing, usually meaningless, though sometimes amusing. In the end I found out that it wasn't gonna help me get laid, that lotus position wreacked havoc in my knees and that I was the same sorry loser after "OM" sessions as before.
I made a mistake however for I tried it alone. Guys of the local Buddhist group at least had some success with getting laid...

Now seriously, it's interesting that you are promoting an activity, which:

1)MAYBE
2)will reveal SOMETHING
3)AT LEAST

We are not interested in maybe, we are interested in substantial degree of certainty. Also, we strive for finding The Truth, not Something. And finally, we prefer methods which give results along the way, for they provide neccesary feedback and encouragement in further struggles. It's hard to imagine worse scenario than following some life long path only to arrive at the dead end.

Joe said:
Horus said:
Isn't that "The Twilight Zone"? Now THAT worked for me and I have
this constant ringing in my head! DoDoDoDoDoDoDoDo... ah, it will
go away eventually when I get my "Nic" Dosage.

dant said:
Joe said:
Horus said:
Isn't that "The Twilight Zone"?
I think it's Frank Sinatra: "strangers in the night, exchanging glances...wondering in the night, what were the chances...we'd be sharing love, before the night was throuuuugh. ....do-bee-do-bee-do"

I thought it was scooby-doo-be-dooo! I bet if you say that a few hundred times in a meditation, a scooby snack might materialize.

Horus said:
A mantra is a concatenation of sounds which create a "channel" (so to speak), which open your consciousness to higher influences.
Why would you want to “open your consciousness to higher influences"? Is it not more important, as a matter of common sense, to pay attention and become more conscious of the influences that are around you and within you? Personally I don’t know much about what a mantra is. Better to be as practical as you can about these things. My advice would be to concentrate on whatever you are doing at the moment without identifying with the internal and external influences that dissipate the fine energy of your attention. Your efforts might as well be practical and its not easy!

I once had a book called ‘Thought Power’ by one of the theosophists (I think it was Besant) and I never had any desire to read it. I knew instinctively that when we change something in ourselves through these specialized “concentration exercises” we will change one thing for the better and then ten things for the worse. In my view its better to not concern yourself with “higher influences.” Learn to observe your inner machine and witness the unconscious mechanization of your inner programs.

The conscious intent to see this will, in my view, bring something “higher” into your awareness that will allow you to become “more able” to see these programs from a higher perspective. But this comes of itself from your repeated ongoing efforts (with no anticipation). You can’t make it happen. Based on my own experience it simply happens as a result of ongoing sincere efforts.

Horus said:
Anyway, it is interesting that the tablets "seem" to have been found in 1925 and that this Dorean guy started his "church" in 1929. I have heard only twice about he, but maybe there IS some connection between this Dorean and the Tablets...
The 'connection' is he TRANSLATED them.... they came from him! i.e. He is the source.... or the chanel, if you like. And what an intersting individual he was too!

I looked up the Indian tribe that he came from:

He said he was part Choctaw, born on an Oklahoma reservation and that, after serving in the Signal Corps during World War I,
here: _http://www.choctaw.org/history/index.htm

Very interesting to find out that in WWI their language was actually used as code... So no wonder he served in the Signal Corps.

Ok, a lot of replys to reply...
About the mantras, it seems as I expressed my idea wrongly. I said that a mantram will reveal things, but actually I would mean(and, reviewing my last post, I must admit it wasn't so clear...) that a mantram,as a form of meditation, IS beneficial. I mean, meditation clears up a lot of things, now doesn't it?
What I meant is that meditaton makes you more conscious ABOUT higher influences, (but, as I repeat, the error was mine).
Now, why do you think Dor-E-Lil-La is not a mantram, just like Nam-Mioho-Renge-Kio?
But do not misunderstand me! I didn't say meditation is the ONLY thing needed! I said meditation IS important, but relatively.
Answering to Ruth, how can you be sure that Dorean translated the tablets? And, have you read them?
And, going back to the "origins" too, do you have some replys 'bout the Zed, or 'bout the contents of these tablets?
I don't think these tablets will provide "the truth", but they're an interesting lecture, indeed! The Bible doesn't provide "the truth" neither, but it DOES contain some flashes of truth, 'till if corrupted...

Back
Top Bottom