"The Game of Life And How to Play It" by Florence Scovel Shin

Color

Jedi Council Member
edit by Color : I AM NOT RECOMMENDING THIS BOOK ANYMORE,
since I've realized some crazy differences
between the version I have and the one I found on the net in English, just few mins ago....
This is not the same thing! I have no idea how this is possible, but it is.

Huh... This book isn't new to me, I discovered it few years ago... and...
Hmh... I think it's worth reading.
But I also need to explain, in details, why so ;-)

I am Christian, but not practicing my religion, actually, avoiding it all of my life.
What I've read in the Cass and The wave is about as much I can swallow about it,
and some historical books, off course...

But, back on the matter- I find this book interesting. Didn't have a chance to read anything else
from this writer, even this book- I was trying to find for years...
And, although it has a glare like belonging to the new age thing, it's not:
it was first published back in 1925.

To make a long story short, I find this book valuable for open minds,
not as much as "new thing" discovered, but as a way of finding, in the past, some persons,
trying to make it through, within their Christian heritage compiled with life experience/knowledge.

That's why I like it, it's the only book mentioning the name of Christ in belief/system -I can actually read.
Dangerous for followers, nice reading for wonderer...

You say that you find it valuable for open minds, especially for those struggling with a Christian heritage.
The title doesn't give much away. Could you elaborate a little - what is the core message or 'essence' of the book?

Sorry for late reply... I was moving a lot lately and forgot about this topic :-/

I was manly thinking about the issue of the church putting Catholics in a sinner position to start with.
The heritage I got and it's the same one the church here's been teaching all along is that we are all sinners
and only our obedience to God's rules=church rules combined with a time and money spent inside of the church,
in effort to "wash away" our sins- gives us some chance of entering the door of "Paradise"...

In this small book the author is suggesting an idea of replacing the guilt of our "sinner nature" with the idea
of some kind of "erasing the false registry" and to reshape-recreate our wishes with the "right ones".
Those would be the right of every living creature to reach it's full potentials and has a right to
"perfect love" "perfect health" etc- in a way of not taking from others but to fulfill it's own path...

It sounds very stupid trying to say it like this... But I'll try anyway...
It represents the idea of erasing those "writings", burdens and wishes we have and which are affecting the world around us
in a way we can't understand and to call up a law of forgiveness and simply ask for the replacement.
To pray for "love perfect for me, a home perfect for me, a job perfect for me" instead of what we think it's perfect for us.

OK, this is the best I can do at the time...
What I liked is that strong sinner role was switched off but not in a way
U can do what u're pleased but in a way that gave me, personally, a doorway to another perception of Christian faith,
and some of it I tried and modified and combined with other things I find working for me and using them for years now....
Manly those are focusing points for me, moments which allows me to get out of the everyday game
and to remind myself to clear the path, more and more, the best way I know how... And it works
in what someone would call a miracle ways, for me.

It also made me think about my wishes, about what I want and how I want,
I became more observant of interactions between people,
how I get caught up in in all those webs...

Anyhow, I'm not saying this book is some "new law" to fallow, no way,
I'm saying it was interesting for me, found some ideas/views which clicked inside of me
and I adopted some of it in a way of a reminder for myself.

Maybe it helped me to get rid of some burden I was carrying around, unaware,
cause of my heritage and the culture I was brought up within.
It replaced the guilt and remorse with the focus on the present & future,
it gave me the sense of my rights in this crazy world,
awareness of the whole spectra of choices we all make instead of black/white, hell/paradise picture
and maybe the most important, although that is probably subjective :
sense of Unity.

So, I'll be so brave to recommend this book for an open minds,
maybe someone will also find some things which will click for them.

Color said:
In this small book the author is suggesting an idea of replacing the guilt of our "sinner nature" with the idea
of some kind of "erasing the false registry" and to reshape-recreate our wishes with the "right ones".
Those would be the right of every living creature to reach it's full potentials and has a right to
"perfect love" "perfect health" etc- in a way of not taking from others but to fulfill it's own path...
ambiguous...

Is there any comment on man's mechanical nature?

Cyre2067 said:
Is there any comment on man's mechanical nature?
Hmmm... I replied /submit but don't see it...
So, here we go again:

I'm not really sure of what u're asking me, but what comes to my mind is
that it says to pray like this:
"Infinite Spirit I now erase every false record in my subconscious mind.
I am erasing every false memorials of my mind, body, spirit and my doings.
They will return to the dust of their native nothingness.
I call upon the Law of replacement to create the records of my highest plan:
The records of perfect Health, perfect Wealth, perfect Love and perfect self-Expression."

OK, now something really strange happened, while writing this...
Since I have this book in Croatian, I've looked for some English version on the net right now,
and found one but it's not the same!!! In this English version it says that the false writings
are simply our false imagination and somehow the above prayer is turned upside down, look:

"I now smash and demolish (by my spoken word) every untrue record in my subconscious mind.
They shall return to the dust-heap of their native nothingness, for they came from my own vain imaginings.
I now make my perfect records through the Christ within -- The records of Health, Wealth, Love and perfect self-Expression."

And it says nothing about the very thing it's insisted in my version,
that we have to be careful to erase those false writings on each level, the body, mind, spirit and our businesses!
Ok, I'm totally stunned now, this is like the same book but saying opposite things.
Who's crazy here?

I am redrawing my suggestion for reading this book cause this is not the same thing!!!
I'm gonna try to find out what's going on here....

Back
Top Bottom