The Ice Age Cometh! Forget Global Warming!

Thanks for the list iamthatis. I have nowhere enough.. storage is also a problem, living in an apartment. I have slowly started to now increase, what now is a meager supply, while supplies are still available. I have some butter in the freezer, but planning on purchasing prepared ghee and some oils. I have some maple syrup as a sugar substitute, also a meager supply of buckwheat flour, figured I could make pancakes if we still have power. My problem is, I never shop in the middle isles of the grocery store, so will seriously start looking through the isles for useful products. I do have some large cans of dehydrated food.

My friend who has a health store also has some valuable medicinal items, such as dried dandelion root and leaf, all in mylar packaging, I understand that once opened and stored in an airtight jar, they maybe good for a year. Also she has large bags of himalayan salt (5lbs I think) not my preferred choice but for the price $20 seems like a good buy to me.

Will have to get busy.

Well, it seems that we all have made choices to create our current life situation. But I think we still have some time (though not much) to really take stock of our options, make good choices, and crank it up a notch!

Dandelion is a good one to have on hand. Aside from being a general feel-good tonic, apparently she's also a natural ally against spike proteins!

I was thinking about the meat calculation. For canners, it would be easy enough for one person to determine how many quart jars of meat they'd need for a year. The quart-jar measurement is easier for me to grok than pounds or calories.

Let's say you eat one quart of meat per day (that's a lot!). You'd need 365 jars of meat. I'd say for me it's more like 1/3 quart per day, putting me at 121 jars of meat for one year. So 365 jars would be enough for three years. This can also be padded with non-BPA cans of tuna, sardines, etc. Though those are already kind of pricey in Canada at $5 a can.

With the mylar packaging you mentioned, once it is open, you can also get desiccant salt packs and pop one in to preserve the longevity of the food. There are three main elements that cause spoilage - moisture, warmth and oxygen. That's the trifecta of bad food, so keeping that in mind, it's possible to mitigate some kinda disaster by keeping things cool, dry, and as air-tight as possible.

When buying big bags of grain, it often comes in paper bags. It's better to store things in plastic bags, more airtight. One easy option is to put the whole package of rice or whatever in a garbage bag, tie it tight or duct tape it, and throw in some desiccant salt packs to keep the ambient moisture at bay.

And I also remember that this is big a lesson in 'learning-is-fun'. This helps me frame all the madness as I've been stretching my budget (and mind) to get all the necessary things while supplies last. Kinda like getting ready to go camping... except with zombies and psychos and comets. Oh my!

Meteorologist Guillaume Séchet (from France, on Metoe-Villes.com) is scratching his head as the (programed narrative) of the coming climate scare goes south.

When should we expect warm and sunny conditions to return to France? Some answers in our article of the day
We are having a more than mixed start to the summer and many holidaymakers are not thrilled by the current weather. When will summer conditions return to France? Elements of answer in our article.

Since the beginning of July, the general situation has rather resembled an autumnal configuration in the west of the European continent. Indeed, a high pressure cell is present over eastern Europe and Russia while the Azores high pressure system is encamped in its neighborhoods. Between the two, the depressions that circulate over the North Atlantic regularly take advantage of this to plunge towards the British Isles and France, sometimes taking the form of cold drops - small depressions whose displacement is very slow.

To support the autumnal character of the current configuration, we observe a linear jet current on the Atlantic, circulating as far as France with speeds sometimes exceeding 200 km / h at around 9,000 meters above sea level. This situation favors the circulation of disturbances in our country and is observed much more often in autumn than in summer. It is moreover this jet current which contributed to reinforce the depression which gave a storm on Brittany at the beginning of the week. >>>

For our country to return to summer conditions, the Azores high will have to strengthen and extend towards France. This is the most common summer situation for our country, during which high pressures take up residence between the Azores and Denmark. Depending on the power of the anticyclone and its exact position, more or less hot air masses then rise over France.

A summer weekend in the south

pressions-10juil21.gif

Pressure anomalies from Wednesday 7 to Sunday 11 July 2021 (blue = low pressure, red = high pressure) - via tropicaltidbits.com

A ridge of high pressure will reach France on Friday July 9, 2021. Its influence will be more clear on the regions of the southern half for the weekend of July 10 and 11, because they are located on the fringes of the high pressures responsible for an episode. very intense heat wave over Spain (stifling heat and record in Andalusia)! As the north will remain on the edge of low pressure anomalies over the British Isles, the improvement will be much less marked.

tempes-10-11juil21.jpg

Maximum temperatures forecast for Saturday July 10 and 11, 2021 - Météo Villes

Thus, the sun promises to be generous over the southern half during the weekend of July 10 and 11, 2021, benefiting from a significant rise in temperatures. On Saturday afternoon, it will often be 26 to 31 ° C in the southern half under the sun but less than 20 ° C in the northern regions where the weather will be humid. The heat will extend further on Sunday, except between Brittany and the northern borders where the sky will remain congested. In the south, the atmosphere will be very summery with highs often between 29 and 33 ° C.
More details in our national forecast bulletin >>>

Cool and unstable early next week

Unfortunately, the return of summer conditions which will affect a good southern half this weekend will only be fleeting. From the start of next week, a small low (cold drop) from the Atlantic should circulate over northern France. This will bring the return of cool and unstable conditions, under the oceanic air.

And incase you missed it another article on SOTT with a another blue pill for Greta.

En France sur la Côte d'Azur entre Nice et Cannes, c'es toujours un très beau temps sauf que cet après midi un grand vent s'est levé, je suis allée sur mon balcon et me suis assise pour en profiter, tous les arbres en face de moi étaient bousculés tant et tant que je me croyais en pleine mer, sous la mer, avec les courants marins... C'était bon, j'avais l'impression que le vent nettoyait ma tête... Mes chatonnes et mes petis Yorks étaient avec moi et en profitaient aussi... Il fait 27° et le soleil brille... Le vent s'est calmé...

In France on the French Riviera between Nice and Cannes, it's always a very nice weather except that this afternoon a big wind came up, I went on my balcony and sat down to enjoy it, all the trees in front of me were shaken so much that I thought I was in the open sea, under the sea, with the sea currents... It was good, I had the impression that the wind was cleaning my head... My cats and my little Yorks were with me and enjoyed it too... It is 27° and the sun is shining... The wind has calmed down...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Here in St. Petersburg (Russia), after the rainy May in history (over 350% of rain from the monthly norm), June became the hottest and driest in the history of weather observations. For more than a month (almost 40 days) the heat has been + 30C (every day) and higher, and there has been no rain for a month. Trees and shrubs begin to dry out from drought.
Heat temperature records fall every day, today it was + 33C in the shade. In the coming days, the heat is not going to slow down!
Someone may think these temperatures are ridiculous, but for a resident of northern Europe, a temperature above + 25C is a test and is far from a comfort zone.
Okay, but we are not discouraged! If this damn ice age comes soon, then we will at least enjoy the heat in these last days!

Just moved back into Europe last night, only to be greeted by cooler temps and a light snow dusting on the upper mountain range.

Another big set back to the fear mongers of global warming call the current cold wave an anomaly. LOL!

Pic du Midi

#neige at the Port of Venasque 2444m / Benasque #luchon#pyrenees Julien Laporte Mountain Guide

People are noticing the discrepancy's.

Please specify that this first fortnight of July currently presents a severe thermal deficit on the maximums, sometimes around -3 ° on the 13th !! On the minimum it is more resonable but in the meantime it is very fresh and we are far below the standard

South-east South Carolina here, and I have lived in this area since the late 1980's - this is by far the coolest Summer I can ever recall. Every morning and evening is around 75F/23C, and during the day mid 80's, barely a few days in the 90's so far.
In Western North Carolina, we had temps at night in the mid to low 50's F (approx 11.7 deg C or so) after the solstice and into end of June. This summer is much cooler then the past 3 or 4 summers.

Consistently for couple years, eastern Ontario, Canada, higher than historic average night temperatures, lower day temperatures. This week the 14 day forecast shows, typically, night is about 2 deg C higher than 'historic' and 2 deg C lower during the day. 'Historic average on this weather site refers to last year only. So for two years the trend has deepened.

We had high heat and humidity of late, following a bit of a drought. Last year, similar pattern, market gardener here said worst year for growing since she started a decade or so ago. First drought, then torrential rains, late spring, early fall.

Also a plague of Gypsy Moths stripping trees. Last year 570,000 hectares of Ontario forests denuded and we didn't see that locally, different story this year. Glad to say, stripped trees have new leaves, awful to see them standing bare and now wonderful to see the second spring of being full in bright green leaf. We learned how to protect the trees but it took a lot of time and effort, which a few triaged trees did get. Since the rains this last week or so brought virus and fungi that kill the caterpillars, their march through forests should be slowed or stopped. It's what arborists say they depend on for the munching of leaves to stop, that the caterpillars get very sick and die.

Oh my, another game changer in the wings.

The long-term forecasts of the #VórticePolar indicate that it can give surprises this winter, and perhaps earlier than normal. There is a long way to go to ensure, but it is something to watch out for ...

Edit Added:

Good morning! We wake up with clear skies and temperatures cold. It was not so cold in the morning from Sant Joan.

Last edited:
Oh my, another game changer in the wings.
The long-term forecasts of the #VórticePolar indicate that it can give surprises this winter, and perhaps earlier than normal. There is a long way to go to ensure, but it is something to watch out for ...
At least in BC, this does not surprise me following the type of heat season currently being experienced. One may follow the other, and earlier as was suggested.

Some excerpts from latest Electroverse article:

“SNOWSTORM IN AFRICA!” — SOUTH AFRICA SMASHES *AN ADDITIONAL* 19 ALL-TIME LOW TEMPERATURE RECORDS OVER THE PAST 24 HOURS​

Following on from the record-smashing cold that infected Southern Africa on Thursday, the SA Weather Service (SAWS) has confirmed that a further 19 low temperature records were broken in the past 24 hours alone.

The service had warned that the country to brace for the coldest night of the year; however, it turned out to be the coldest night in recorded history for many locales, with records set 20, 40 and even 60+ years ago falling by the wayside.

“Snowstorm in Africa!” reads the below tweet from @sapeople, during the “#ColdestDayEver!”.

The video was shot on Uniondale road. The driver of the vehicle is heard calling the conditions “absolutely bizarre”. And he continues, saying: “I have never had to drive through a snowstorm in Africa before.”

These are truly unprecedented conditions for this part of the world.

And anthropogenic global warming (i.e. carbon dioxide emissions) has zip-all to do with it; no, the mechanism behind these polar outbreaks (and indeed the recent punishing heatwave in the Pacific Northwest) is the historically low solar activity we’re receiving–namely its impact on the jet streams.

Full article here.

Remember what the Cs said way back in the 18 March 2000 session:

Q: You also made a remark once that ice ages occur much, much faster than people ever thought...

A: Yes.

Q: Do we need to invest in some mukluks and snowshoes?

A: ??

Q: Well, what I am trying to get at is: should we start stockpiling firewood?

A: Maybe.

Q: So, it could be that fast?

A: Oh yes, and faster when in response to global"warming."

Q: When you put "warming" in quotes, you obviously mean warming in more than just an ordinary sense? Is that correct?

A: And/or not really "warm."

Back
Top Bottom