_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpik7sACnYY
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARDIUXdT7eg&feature=related
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iKHKnOsP-0&feature=related
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Neb8JoxCY6A
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU9I-dP1Sps
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Sn0lG7w0s&feature=relmfu

:shock: ---> (:huh:) ---> :halo:

:cool2:

First one i say very crappy acting. Oh and remember "you can read more about how to increase your psychic abilities at todayshow.com" :rolleyes:

Funny, bngenoh!

Have you seen Video #3? The nature of card tricks is that it shows us how gullible and hypnotized we are to suggestion. And like Gurdjieff says - the Magicians have hypnotized us all. On a larger scale, it keeps the population distracted from real danger while we marvel at some chosen result that magically appears. LOL.

Second one is much better.

Third one, if it's her signature then they could just have prepared it before hand.

Not inclined to watch the rest. There is no such thing as magic, only our ignorance and those who exploit our ignorance for their own gain.

Anything of value, is attained through hard work: _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWK5mfRGkiE&feature=related

Not saying that those "magicians" practicing however long they practiced is not hard work though, they are enjoying a good living as a result of their efforts.

bngenoh said:
Third one, if it's her signature then they could just have prepared it before hand.

the card she signes is actually the exact same card that later appears in the phone.
the phone was not prepared beforhand with any card in it.

bngenoh said:
First one i say very crappy acting. Oh and remember "you can read more about how to increase your psychic abilities at todayshow.com" :rolleyes:

actually I think there is no acting at all from anybody exept the magician who pretends to do something impossible.
so the only one who knows what is going on in the video is the magician himself.

Pashalis said:
bngenoh said:

the card she signes is actually the exact same card that later appears in the phone.
You know for a fact that it is the same card i take it then. Let me clarify because i wasn't clear, since Ellen is a celebrity, she would probably have a standard signature for when she gives autographs. It is more likely that they simply made a card with her signature beforehand, at least to me. Note that her signature is pretty simple, thus it would be very easy to replicate.

As to the phone not being prepared beforehand, why do you think it was sitting on the table like that? From my observations of people with cell phones, they do not just put their phones down at new locations, but i haven't met that many people so...

For this:
Pashalis said:
actually I think there is no acting at all from anybody exept the magician who pretends to do something impossible.
so the only one who knows what is going on in the video is the magician himself.
It may just be the falseness of those talking heads that i perceive to be crappy acting, but i do not know enough to say who knows what in the video, perhaps you do.

bngenoh said:
Pashalis said:
bngenoh said:

You know for a fact that it is the same card i take it then. Let me clarify because i wasn't clear, since Ellen is a celebrity, she would probably have a standard signature for when she gives autographs. It is more likely that they simply made a card with her signature beforehand, at least to me. Note that her signature is pretty simple, thus it would be very easy to replicate.

As to the phone not being prepared beforehand, why do you think it was sitting on the table like that? From my observations of people with cell phones, they do not just put their phones down at new locations, but i haven't met that many people so...

what you are thinking is typical when you first encounter a trick wich you can't really explain.
you think in complicated ways how the trick could have been done.
almost 100% of the tricks magicians and illusionists do wich you don't really know how they are done are not the way you think they work.
the minds of people who don't know the secrets of magic almost certainly will follow the wrong direction when searching for the answer for the trick because the brain is not accustomed to think in certain ways.

It's a fact that the card she is signing is later the exact same card that is appearing in the phone.
I know a lot of moves and misdirections magicians do, so I can literary follow every move and misdirection this magician is doing,
and can see how the card gets into the phone with nobody noticing it.

Pashalis said:
what you are thinking is typical when you first encounter a trick wich you can't really explain.
almost 100% of the tricks magicians and illusionists do wich you don't really know how they are done are not the way you think they work.
the minds of people who don't know the secrets of magic almost certainly will follow the wrong direction when searching for the answer for the trick because the brain is not accustomed to think in certain ways.
People who know how the brain works can easily manipulate it. Did you catch the sound when the phone trick was being done? The implied suggestion at least to me being that the motion of his hand somehow put the card in the phone.

Did you also catch how when the telekinesis trick with the cigarette was being prepared, that is when he was lighting the cigarette, they cut him out of the picture?

Everything was setup to vector thinking along a certain direction.

Don't really care how tricks are done though, because i'm not into magic, but for this:
Pashalis said:
It's a fact that the card she is signing is later the exact same card that is appearing in the phone.
I know a lot of moves and misdirections magicians do, so I can literary follow every move and misdirection this magician is doing,
i will make an exception. Enlighten me then, on how the card gets into the phone, folded up neatly inside the battery case, with the swipe of his hand. Without some preparation beforehand or editing after hand.

bngenoh said:
Pashalis said:
People who know how the brain works can easily manipulate it. Did you catch the sound when the phone trick was being done? The implied suggestion at least to me being that the motion of his hand somehow put the card in the phone.

Did you also catch how when the telekinesis trick with the cigarette was being prepared, that is when he was lighting the cigarette, they cut him out of the picture?

there are no camera tricks or editing of the video involved. you could stand right infront of him and he could perform it right infront of you.
It's the same with almost every other impossible trick. they can perform it right infront of you. no camera or editing tricks.

Everything was setup to vector thinking along a certain direction.

there was no set up from anybody exept the magician who knows what he is doing.
misdirection , pretending to do something wich he actually didn't do through body language, speach and technique. and knowing how humans react to certain things etc.

bngenoh said:
Don't really care how tricks are done though, because i'm not into magic, but for this:
Pashalis said:
i will make an exception. Enlighten me then, on how the card gets into the phone, folded up neatly inside the battery case, with the swipe of his hand. Without some preparation beforehand or editing after hand.
I explain tomorrow it's late here.

Pretty neat tricks.

I am always very interested in knowing how they did it because it shines a light on how my perception can be tricked and redirected so I think it's very valuable to explore the how's.

Although, when you've read the books about the adaptive unconscious and how your mind really works, I wonder to what extent it is possible to avoid being tricked in such ways.
Even if you know the exact process to do the tricks, your mind might still not be able to register it when it's done due to black spots osit.

Tigersoap said:
Pretty neat tricks.

I am always very interested in knowing how they did it because it shines a light on how my perception can be tricked and redirected so I think it's very valuable to explore the how's.

Although, when you've read the books about the adaptive unconscious and how your mind really works, I wonder to what extent it is possible to avoid being tricked in such ways.
Even if you know the exact process to do the tricks, your mind might still not be able to register it when it's done due to black spots osit.

yep. even when you know how the trick works you can be fooled at the first instance. it is only when you watch it again and again that you really notice how he has done it. your brain can not follow what he is doing.
but when your brain is trained to think in certain ways (like the magician) and knows the technics you might be able to follow every step from the get go at the first time.

the explanation of the phone trick from video 3:

try if you can see it:

1: he looks at the cards in the deck while he is speaking (distraction) (before the trick starts you can see it in the video) and searches for
the 7 of diamonds. now he knows where the card is in the deck of cards. then he is positioning the card and makes a little break right over
the 7 of diamonds through a slight sepperation of the deck (wich can only be seen from his viepoint).

2: he pretends (through letting the cards fall into his left hand wich gives the impression of free choise) that the
spectator (in this case the woman and the audience in the studio and at home) the woman (Ellen) has the free choise
in picking any card.
to make the impression even stronger that she has the free choise he says "just say stop when ever you feel like it".
notice the exact moment the magician is saying this words. he has already started to let the cards fall into his left hand when he
says this words . what he is doing in that moment is is called "force". he forces the woman to say stop exactly at the point when the
7 of diamonds is falling as the last card. the way he is doing this is through contolling the speed in wich the cards fall into his left hand.
he stops exactly at the monent where the break in the deck is located. he is feeling it with his right hand.

3: she takes the card. he says "actually it doesn't matter if I can see the card because I already know it is the 7 of diamonds".
and the audience goes wooow :shock: and thinks "how did he do this" or "that's impossible". the magician picked the card
she is going to choose from the get go as you can see in point 1 and 2. so there was never ever a free choise and the magician
knew from the start that she will pick the 7 of diamonds.

4: now he is asking the woman to sign the card. he takes the card and says "there is only one card like this correct? this magic
is so fast I'm going to tell you exactly what is going to happen before it happens.your card the 7 of diamonds is going to end
up in my phone. so all you have to do is to make sure that the card doesn't actually get to the phone"
. the whole sentence
is a suggestion wich he implants into the mind of the audience. to make the suggestion even stronger he tells the woman to put
her hand over the phone all the while everyone can still see the signed card! Now the minds of the people will think that it is complety
impossible that what he has said that is going to happen can actually happen.

5: in the moment when he is saying "can you put your hand on top of the phone so that I can't actually touch it", he is making what is
called a "card switch". he misdirects the attention of the audience through his hand movements and speech
(he points to the phone with his hands ) to look at the phone that the woman is covering with her hands.
now at exactly the moment the minds of the people are misdirected to look at the the phone and then he makes the card switch.
his right hand with the signed card goes to his left hand were all the other cards from the deck are. he switches the cards. he brings
the signed card to the card deck in his left hand and switches the signed card with a random card of the deck (in this case 2 two of clubs).
it is very important that all the movements he is doing and his speec looks and feels very natural to the viewer.

6: now he has the 2 of clubs in his right hand, but the audience still thinks he has the 7 of diamonds in this hand. as explained in
point 5 the signed card is now actually in his left hand behind the deck of cards. now he goes over the phone and turnes over
the 2 of clubs with a sound he is producing with the card. the sound is important because it is part of the subtle suggestion.
the audience is perplexed and thanks to the sound he produced, the speech and body movements the minds
of the people are implated with the thought that the card has vanished and is now in the phone.

7: at the moment he switched the two cards in point 5 and is doing point 6 he is at the same time folding the 7 of diamonds in his left
hand behind the other cards in the deck. point 5,6 and 7 are all happening in a view seconds.

8: at the moment he is asking "did I touch your hand or went anywhere near the phone?" the 7 of diamonds is already completly foldet
in his left hand behind the other cards. now he shows his empty right hand and goes to the phone and is shacking it. the picture of a
a 7 of diamonds appears. and the audience again goes "wooow that's impossible". he made a picture of a 7 of Diamonds before the
show and is activating it to appear on the screen of the phone either because of the shake itself or a button wich is located on the site
of the phone.

9: he again shows his empty right hand and suggest through his speech and body movements that the card is now inside the phone (
wich is not true at that moment). again a lot of misdirection. now he takes the phone with his right hand and puts down the deck
of cards (in his left hand) wich covered the folded signed card on to the table. now he has only the folded signed card in his left hand
and the phone in his right hand. now he slides the cover of the battery case of (very quickly) and puts the card inside and closes
it again .the screen is facing up and the battery case down so that nobody can see this move.
now he opens the battery case so that everybody can see, and there it is, the signed card inside the phone !

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :clap: :thup:

Good explanation Pashalis, all there is is lessons. Will have to reread your explanation after i watch the video again. Thanks for explaining.

I enjoy the cigarette trick towards the end of the second video. Looks like he used some translucent chord. Nice twist though by bringing it up to his mouth, I could imagine he looped the chord around his head somewhere (?).

I've dabbled in illusion, but only have a few up my sleeve. One is similar to the phone trick you explained - it's all about taking care of everything before the reveal. Shimshi is great though, that was really smooth how he presented it.

Thanks for sharing Pashalis. :)

Back
Top Bottom