The "Insects"

These times are stressfull enough. I don't need to add to them. I am glad a new perspective was brought in because I'm not sure if I would have thought about these things otherwise. 🙂
I'm glad it helped with giving a new perspective. :-) If I was in your position and I experienced something that left such a big impression on me, I'd first try to look if I can find the type of animal/insect that fits my description (various sites and apps for that), which you seem to have already done I think. If that leads to nothing, I'd ask an expert (and also ask them about capabilities and possibilities of digging or camouflage or otherwise in that particular situation, if your own research doesn't yield much on that), and if all that doesn't lead to any answers, then I'd start looking for other possible answers. So I'd first look for mundane answers. Basically, collect as many facts as you can. What makes things difficult in your situation is that you don't have any pictures. That makes it a bit trickier to identify. And non-identification doesn't necessarily mean non-existence (as an animal living on our planet). Tricky all around.

I've had several strange experiences myself that are left unanswered, but I kinda let them go, because sometimes you just can't find the answer or explanation, and that's okay I would think. We just live in a world/Universe that's not as materialistic as some people would like to believe, so glitches and strange experiences happen. It would be strange if they didn't! Added: But it is important I think to stay as objective as possible.

Last edited:
Someone posted from this in my entomology group and nobody can identify not even order or genus -let alone species. And we have some pretty amazing experts there.
It was taken in Sierra Nevada Santa Marta, Colombia.
It immediately made me think of this thread.

Any resemblance to what you saw?

IMG_9796.jpeg

Last edited:

Sorry. Not even close. Really interesting creatures there, though. That crescent moon tail is really unique...or... are those antennae? Or pincers? They all have their crescents in the air. It looks like they are not bowing down but raising themselves up, like they're sunning themselves or a defensive posture. Is this a type of beetle?

J'ai reçu une réponse de Facebook :
Michael Shatskiy
Je n'ai jamais rien vu de tel. Ça pourrait ĂȘtre des fourmis fausses ou photoshopĂ©es ou quelque chose comme ça.

I got a response from Facebook:
Michael Shatskiy
I have never seen anything like it. It could be fake or photoshopped ants or something.

Une autre :
Dominique Van Ryckeghem
Il faut utiliser: https://www.google.com/imghp?hl=FR

Google Images

GOOGLE.COM
Google Images
Google Images

Dominique Van Ryckeghem
Pas de résultats.

Another one :
Dominique Van Ryckeghem
You must use: Google Images
GOOGLE.COM
Google Images
Dominique Van Ryckeghem
No results.

Someone posted from this in my entomology group and nobody can identify not even order or genus -let alone species. And we have some pretty amazing experts there.

View attachment 78551
This is so unlike anything I've seen before, it made me think they could be 3d printed, an art project ?

View attachment 78551
They look like maybe some type of aphid? The protrusions from the head or is THAT the head?! Look like shuffle board sticks. Super weird for sure! Do they live in the rain forest? I have noticed all kinds of new species are being discovered all over the world. Think how many creatures we don’t even know exist, are right under our noses.

They look like maybe some type of aphid? The protrusions from the head or is THAT the head?! Look like shuffle board sticks. Super weird for sure! Do they live in the rain forest? I have noticed all kinds of new species are being discovered all over the world. Think how many creatures we don’t even know exist, are right under our noses.
Location: It was taken in Sierra Nevada Santa Marta, Colombia.
You could be onto something there. A new species newly discovered. Imagine if that is so..... what a discovery. Then the person who took that picture should have the privilege of naming them!
Just to show, you never know what you could encounter on a walk. 😘

Back
Top Bottom