"The Iran agenda" article comment

Novelis

Jedi Master
Reese Erlich said:
Israel's estimates are clearly influenced by its political and military goals. Using President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's statements attacking Israel and questioning the existence of the Holocaust, Israel proclaims Iran an immediate military threat. In reality, Ahmadinejad poses no offensive nuclear threat to Israel. Iran would be insane to launch a first strike against the militarily far superior Israel, let alone a nuclear strike with an arsenal of one or two bombs. Such an action would give the United States and Israel a political excuse to wreck havoc on Iran and gain lots of international support.
But Israel does have a vested interest in creating anxiety around a possible Iranian Bomb. While Iran has no ability to wipe Israel off the map, it does support the Palestinian group Hamas and the Lebanese political party and guerrilla group Hizbollah. Iran gives them political, financial, and military backing. Israel doesn't want to suffer another defeat like its 2006 war against Hizbollah. So rather than give up occupied territory and agree to establishing a Palestinian state, Israeli leaders blame outsiders. Israel seeks to weaken or, preferably, overthrow Iran's government.
Although I liked the majority of the article, since it proves that Iran doesn’t pose a threat to Israel, I thought the above two paragraphs needed a comment slotted in, just to state the facts that:

A) Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s supposed “statements attacking Israel and questioning the holocaust” is much more complex than the article states, weren’t his “statements attacking Israel” mistranslations? I thought maybe a link could be provided to just clear that up. Also, there was a discussion on the forum about him “questioning the holocaust” right? This article gets to the crux of these minor issues highlighted:
_http://www.sott.net/articles/show/140464-Ahmadinejad+Questions+9-11,+Holocaust and this forum thread talks about Ahmadinejad’s “questioning the holocaust”, which was probably said because of that conference he held a while ago: _http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=4320&p=1

B) In the second paragraph, it says “While Iran has no ability to wipe Israel of the map…” this implies that the paraphrased mistranslation/lie that the US has been repeating ad nauseam is true, and this article kind of repeats it in an offhand way. Again, although I know the article isn’t discussing this point, there is no need to let it slip through the cracks.

Although I can’t be sure, I got the impression that the author misses these subtle points, taking these accepted notions as fact when they are not.

Back
Top Bottom