THE MEN WHO STARE AT GOATS

pming is disallowed. If you have something to discuss you do it in the open on the forum. So tell us, what do you want serious jedis for? To walk through walls? Don't tell me you got taken in by nutjobs like stubblebine now, did you?
your rules are too restrictive for me to talk openly about my personal beliefs. i do not get "taken in" by anyone. at one level, i have realised myself. i suppose you should disregard. i have a feeling i won't be participating for much longer. unless you have a section in the forum for the free exchange of ideas, sans rules. for me to explain exactly what i mean would violate forum rules. (2, 4, 5, in particular. i'm not sure what a "psychological deviant" is. that seems pretty subjective...)

ecks-i said:
i have a feeling i won't be participating for much longer.

Now I understand what you meant by saying "i could also be considered a wanderer". You join to the forums without analyzing them first, and then you decide that the forum rules are inappropriate for you, and then you say "goodbye" on the first day. A forum wanderer obviously.

ecks-i said:
pming is disallowed. If you have something to discuss you do it in the open on the forum. So tell us, what do you want serious jedis for? To walk through walls? Don't tell me you got taken in by nutjobs like stubblebine now, did you?
your rules are too restrictive for me to talk openly about my personal beliefs. i do not get "taken in" by anyone. at one level, i have realised myself. i suppose you should disregard. i have a feeling i won't be participating for much longer. unless you have a section in the forum for the free exchange of ideas, sans rules. for me to explain exactly what i mean would violate forum rules. (2, 4, 5, in particular. i'm not sure what a "psychological deviant" is. that seems pretty subjective...)

Obviously this is not the right forum for you.

ecks-i said:

You seem upset by our forum rules. The thing is, they exist for a very good reason - especially the one about discussion of illegal substances. A big reason for that particular rule should be pretty obvious, and can be summarized by the word "illegal". In addition, we do not believe that any sort of true growth in knowledge or spiritual advancement can safely be done through the use of any substance that causes one to have certain "experiences". We have seen time and again how such "shortcuts" generally lead to self-destruction. So, that rule exists due to the collective experiences of a couple thousand people.

In any case, the existence of rules does not automatically imply censorship. The problem is only when the rules get out of hand. For example, laws that impose penalties for theft, murder, and rape are not necessarily a bad thing. If there were no police officers in this world, then certain people might feel the need to just walk around killing and raping and stealing from whomever they pleased. Unfortunately, that's the world we live in. When those rules are abused to persecute innocent people, however, then they become a problem.

Of course, there ARE certain groups of people who DO kill, rape, and steal despite the rules and they get away with it. Sometimes, they do it in the name of a particular nation or group either with or without the consent of a generally apathetic populace. This type of person would be one example of a "psychological deviant". Thus, the rules don't always work for everyone.

But here, our forum rules apply equally to everyone, and there are no "special exceptions".

In your case, no one has persecuted you. You joined a forum that clearly states that it is not the place for you - at least from what you have written thus far. That isn't a judgment on your choices - it's just a statement of the facts as revealed up to this point.

Whatever path you choose, that is your choice and I wish you luck!

ecks-i said:
unless you have a section in the forum for the free exchange of ideas, sans rules. for me to explain exactly what i mean would violate forum rules. (2, 4, 5, in particular. i'm not sure what a "psychological deviant" is. that seems pretty subjective...)

If you spend some time reading this forum you'll get an idea of what we mean by psychological deviants. In this category we include psychopaths and other individuals with stable, rigid personality disorders (i.e. some inherent or acquired dysfunction in the ability to feel social emotions and grow conscience). We don't include the "conditions" that afflict ordinary people, and are actually a sign of souls in struggle, e.g. depression, anxiety, certain behavioral problems, etc. (used to be called psychoneuroses). However, there is a subjective element, but not the type you're alluding to. That's because many types of psychopath cannot "see themselves", and will never admit to being "psychologically deviant". Regardless, the category is based in objective science. Pyschopathies are inherited and have extreme effects on personality, ability to feel emotion and empathy, and various other interpersonal, affective, and behavioral traits. If you're interested, you can search and read the extensive material here on psychopathy and narcissism.

The Men Who Stare at Goats (2009) - "Be all you can be" The Army of The New Eart

I do not know if it watched this movie but... here goes

The Men Who Stare at Goats (2009)
The new age in film comedy as The Army of The New Earth.

Super soldiers, psychic spies, The comedy of the war and bush glorified, catastrophic messages in a fun wa and a fun way to be a member of the new ege.
and... "Be all you can be".

Many terms jedi, many masks and many blows... and some to hurt objectivity which is again overshadowed by the "salvation" for a happy ending.

- "There was fear, was a me inside in your head. fight with the mind. Wherever your feel most to fear, It has no power over you. Is the fear that has power."

With alcohol could concentrate on their psychic powers.

Beautiful art...

29xgrv4.jpg

"They returned to heaven as all shamans." but do not talk about "Down to hell." and the best way to help the psychopath is to listen Barney say "I LOVE YOU" for 20 hours straight.

I have to say I really liked this movie, even though I agree that there is this feeling that I wanted to see more and they just scratched the surface.

However, I really liked the message of the movie, which I did not expect. Plus, it has FOUR of my favorite actors in it - or FIVE if you count Robert Patrick as well.

I just watched this flick and liked it. I noticed that Lyn, the "Jedi" soldier, had to constantly use steroids throughout the movie. Also, his mentor turned into an alchoholic. Shortcuts are not suggested!

On another note, Gurdjieff spoke of accomplishing similar psychic feats. But at one point in his life, he made an oath to never use these abilities again for selfish or personal gain.

I just watched this movie... Well, thank you for having pointed this movie out!

Funny.. and scary too, when knowing about Mkultra (this word is once said by the journalist during the movie-could not believe it!). I would have preferred it without so-know actors... I think that this gives a total "walt disney" flavour to the movie...

But what strucked me the most was that the army was shown as funny, "not-so-bad" or even "open-minded"... Showing the fact that "army accept their mistakes.." looked totally strange to me.

Saw this one and liked it! I found it strange that a movie like this would even get made considering the "strange" topic , but it was a good watch nonetheless. Had some very funny moments too :lol2:

Of course, this movie didnt get too much attention, which is a shame. It touches a subject that makes for very interesting discussions.

The part in the film where Lynn played by George Clooney located a NATO General, was an actual event, whether or not Project Stargate was involved in his being freed or not, I can't say. Love the Film and I think Kevin Spacey is underrated. I think he's a Fine Thespian. Project Stargate is the object of the film. Ewen MacGregor is a Great Thespian as well. I'd also think the same of George Clooney. We All know Jeff Bridges belongs in the same category.

As usual, I haven't seen it... but George Clooney is in it, and as a member of the CFR, it seems we know who/what is behind it/him etc.... using the popular medium to deliver their message.... typical, especially as they usually have a hand in developing the medium to begin with. In regards to this film, I saw this article and found it interesting, here's the summary which I saw, podcast at: http://www.spyculture.com/
=======

Welcome to Spy Culture, the world’s leading website for open source research on state-sponsored culture and the relationships between military and intelligence agencies and the popular culture industry.

Men-Who-Stare-at-Goats
The CIA and Hollywood 11 – The Men Who Stare at Goats
June 26th 2016

Jay Dyer joins us for this episode where we analyse the 2009 comedy The Men Who Stare at Goats, loosely based on Jon Ronson’s book of the same name. It tells the story of a journalist who is inducted into the world of psychic soldiers during the Iraq war. The movie goes on to explain some of the history behind the First Earth Battalion, an experimental Pentagon unit devoted to developing a new generation of super soldier informed by the hippy and New Age movements. We examine what the film leaves out, especially in the form of MKULTRA and similar CIA projects and experiments with similar aims, and ask whether the purpose was not to explore ‘How could love and peace help win wars?‘ but to weaponise New Age philosophy and the New Age movement.

The Men Who Stare at Goats is the final movie in the George Clooney/Grant Heslov series before they took the full plunge and made Argo with the help of the CIA. We look at whether Goats – Heslov’s directorial debut – was the final step in their long-term overture to the CIA. The fact that Goats reduces the CIA’s involvement in such projects to a single scene, and was distributed by none other than Overture Films are strong hints towards this. We also map out the evidence and implications of state sponsorship of the entire Goats project, from Ronson’s original book and documentary series through to the Hollywood version. The use of technical advisors who were part of these Pentagon units back in the 70s/80s and who were ‘reactivated’ to help fight the War on Terror implies that at least the DOD, if not the CIA, were in favour of this film. We round off by pondering the plausibility of the remote viewing phenomenon.

thank you for making me aware of _www.spyculture.com gdpetti - i listened to a couple of podcasts and really like them!

Back
Top Bottom