The mortuary-a scetch for today

joejoeba

Jedi
Int: hospital morgue. A Doctor enters with a bunch of trainees who are talking, relatively uninterested. They are in morbid green scrubs and move around to stand near a body on the slab; it is covered with a sheet.

Doctor-I do require some attention for this.

They slowly hush. One trainee secretes a toy dinosaur under the corpse sheet, one laughs. Others continue to mutter.

Doctor-I can still hear voices.

Trainee 1-Maybe you need a doctor, Doctor.

Others snigger.

Doctor- Humour! Will get you no where young lady. Disrespect is frowned up by professionals. Think of.. (mutterings amongst the trainees) QUIET! (Doctor mildly spasms) Me, as the sculptor and you,(girl recoils) the undressed block.
As lone as, the ranger, or as Yoda in the swamp I may appear, but mark my words people, (Trainee 2 puts hand up to speak)..what you are about to....

Trainee 2-(disgusted, aside) He's got an erection!

There is a brief silence in which time everyone looks to see if it is true, a claxon blasts once, they all jump and the Doctor moves his clip-board over his groin. Trainee 3 suddenly bends over retching and heaving as if to be sick.

Trainee 3-I am going to vomit!

Doctor-What's wrong with her?

Trainee 5-Don't know.

Trainee 4-She's taking a medicated programme of sexual thought suppressants....that result in....

Trainee 5-(Nods knowingly and mouths) Hangover.. (To trainee 2)

Trainee 4 (rubs the vomiting trainee 3's back as she is bent over puking into a cardboard kidney bowl, supplied by the now suave behaving Doctor)

Doctor-Well this is, this is not erm, well, um, (he lowers his voice and moves to Trainee 3's ear) actually I don't think I can find the words to charm you furthur. (He strokes her back gratefully) My office for furthur discussion?

Trainee 3-uhhh.... (Pukes uncontrollably into the kidney bowl)

Doctor-It's a date!

Back
Top Bottom