The Near Zero-Carb Pork Rind Recipes Revelation!

monotonic said:
3D Student said:
I'm a strong proponent of, "If it's still edible, eat it!" when cooking. :P

That works great if you're only cooking for yourself. Although even then, I've often been guilty of eating things I really shouldn't just because my father is nuts about not wasting food, and nearly made me nuts too.
I'm the same. I find it helpful to try to give away food if it's still edible/safe and I know I shouldn't eat it. For example I received a free trial pack of crisps with my shopping full of gluten and other nasties so I put it in the lunch room at work for someone else and I discovered I was intolerant to coconut and still had half a jar of oil so I gave it to the charity shop for the staff along with some sugary chocolate bought for me by a friend. Sometimes I leave a bag of food in the stair of my flat with "free food" written on it and it always gets taken by someone.

Perfect Pork rind coconut flour mug biscuit?

I was inspired from some recipes where you microwave a single serving brownie or cake in a mug. So I tried it with pork rinds and coconut flour, one egg, and butter. It turned out surprisingly good. It was very fluffy like a soft biscuit and with great texture. Great with some cinnamon and xylitol. I felt like I was cheating. :P

I tried it today without the coconut flour and used 30g of pork rinds, but it was a little "eggy" and I didn't need but a tablespoon of water, if any. I may try putting in some cream of tartar and baking soda and get it to rise a bit.

This gives 48g fat, 5.5g carbs, and 24.75g protein. I top it off with a little more butter to up the fat.
Here is the base recipe:

25g Pork Rinds
20g Coconut flour
40g Butter
1 large egg
1/4 tsp salt
30-60ml water

Add 40g butter to a mug and microwave until melted (not too hot).
Add in one large egg and mix.
Add 25g pork rinds and 20g coconut flour and mix.
Add ¼ tsp salt or to taste.
Add 30-60ml water and mix well to desired consistency.
Push the dough down evenly, or fluff for a more airy texture.
Microwave for about 2 minutes, remove if desired and let cool.
Add 15g more fat to top off and reach 2:1 Fat:[Protein+Carbs] ratio.

Pic below and xls file for reference:

Attachments

• Pork rind coconut flour biscuit-sm.jpg
    Pork rind coconut flour biscuit-sm.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Pork rind coconut flour single serving.xls
    8 KB · Views: 3
I have perfected (to me) many coconut flour recipes, but I just found out about zero-carb pork rind flour. Does anyone have any idea how to convert coconut flour and/or almond flour recipes to pork rind flour? If someone could figure out a rough conversion ratio that would be AWESOME! :lol:

Primal Keto Warrior said:
I have perfected (to me) many coconut flour recipes, but I just found out about zero-carb pork rind flour. Does anyone have any idea how to convert coconut flour and/or almond flour recipes to pork rind flour? If someone could figure out a rough conversion ratio that would be AWESOME! :lol:

Hi Primal Keto Warrior, welcome to the forum. :)

There are many recipes located at the beginning of this particular thread, found here, that have substituted other flours for pork rind flour. There are recipes for cookies, breads, pancakes, pie crusts, brownies, and cup cakes. They are very yummy and very keto. As far as converting existing coconut flour recipes, I am not quite sure, but most of the choices from this thread should be a good start I would think. I've personally tried the majority of these and sincerely vouch for them all.

Happy baking!

Primal Keto Warrior said:

Hello Primal Keto Warrior, welcome to the forum, this being his first post, I make the invitation to you, to make your presentation in the section beginners here:
https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/board,39.0.html

can tell us how you find this forum, if you have read the books of Laura, as well as the material of this forum with this familiarized, something with which you are comfortable.

:welcome:

KJN said:
Turkey Stuffing: Make Oven Pan Bread a day or so ahead. Use with traditional stuffing ingredients, such as onion pieces, sage, garlic, S&P, celery, etc.
Hint: buy cheesecloth, fold a section in two and hand stitch the bottom and side with loose big thread stitches into a bag. Place bottom of this bag into the turkey and spoon stuffing into the bag, tie the open end and close or sew up the turkey opening. After roasting, remove bag, and voila, stuffing without having to clean out the turkey!

Just experimented with the turkey stuffing and wow, it's amazing! Thanks so much for these amazing recipes.

Back
Top Bottom