The New Normal

I'm attending a university here in the USA and pretty close to finishing. I was really looking forward to this Fall semester before all this 'rona hysteria starting getting me worried.
From what I know I will be able to attend classes this fall but I will be required to wear a mask at all times, classrooms will be arranged for "social distancing", and admins are basically encouraging students NOT to attend class and just watch the lectures online.
And now it is looking like I will have to get a new cocktail of vaccinations this (probably every) semester to continue attending university.

So the thing that is on my mind is: How will it be possible to cope with this new normal? Obviously, if I don't like the way things are going I should drop out of university, but I have a strong suspicion it is going to be like this everywhere soon enough and I don't think running into the woods will solve anything! At the same time, how is one supposed to live when the world around them is forcing lies and deception down their throat? You may know these are obvious lies but will you ultimately have no choice but to comply and let them inject things into your body or tell you when you're allowed to go outside just so you can continue to have food on your table or see your family or travel?
Being aware of lies is one thing, but how is one supposed to act in this new normal? Very interesting things to ponder 💩

Q: (L) What is the meaning of the number 666 in the book of Revelation?

A: Visa.

Q: (L) You mean as in credit card?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) Are credit cards the work of what 666 represents?

A: Yes?

Q: (L) Should we get rid of all credit cards?

A: Up to you.

Q: (L) Would it be more to our advantage than not to disconnect ourselves from the credit system?

A: Isn't just credit also debit.

Q: (L) Is that an affirmative.

A: How are you going to do this?

Q: (L) Well, do you have any suggestions?

A: World will soon have nothing but credit and debit have you not heard of this new visa debit cards this is the future of money as controlled by the world banking system i.e. the brotherhood i.e. Lizards i.e. antichrist.

Q: (L) If I don't have a credit card then I don't have to belong to this system?

A: No. You will have no choices: belong or starve.
Maybe we can "extrapolate something".

Sounds lined your uni is going hardcore. At mine, it currently sounds like everyone will be encouraged to wear masks and get their shots - but it doesn't sound yet like they'll make it mandatory. Instructors especially are being encouraged, in order to 'set a good example'.

My advice, fwiw: if masks aren't mandatory, don't wear one. If they are, pull it down over your nose. Make them order you every time, don't preemptively comply. Regarding vaccinations, don't do it. It's not worth it. If they make them mandatory, take your classes online. There's a pretty good chance that classes will move back online next semester anyhow; it would be silly to get vaccinated, with the associated health risks, just to get a few weeks of on-campus experience (which will anyhow not be worth it, given that everything will be so tightly controlled under the new normal.)

That’s rough,

There are small degrees of freedom one can keep, but I have a feeling they will get smaller and smaller as less and less resistance from the population is observed.

If there are ways for you to find a way to opt out legally, do so in a way that allows you to keep going to school. But the way I see it going forward is, you might have to put up with certain restrictions.

what I’ve done in the office is wear my mask as little as possible, to the point where I end up only wearing it when I use the microwave, and that’s under my nose.

There's a small glimmer of hope I think, and it’s when the reality of the ridiculousness becomes impossible to ignore, people stop using the mask. I have seen just that in my office, but the difference comes from the person who enforces it.

It’s a really interesting situation when my boss, who bought into the whole covid idea, finds a group of people chatting without masks, his irritation is clear and he tries to shame people into wearing them, and it works to a degree.

So that’s the key I feel, you will find yourself in a situation where you will have peers, allies, and petty tyrants (and perhaps it’s a good idea to identify these people in your life). In some cases you might be able to avoid confrontation, in some you will need to be strategic about your behavior with larger goals in mind, but unfortunately, one way or another, we’re going to have to navigate what’s coming.

At the same time, how is one supposed to live when the world around them is forcing lies and deception down their throat? You may know these are obvious lies but will you ultimately have no choice but to comply and let them inject things into your body or tell you when you're allowed to go outside just so you can continue to have food on your table or see your family or travel?
I wouldn't discount the importance of simply continuing to be aware that they ARE lies. Even that is difficult - to grow and keep a part of yourself that is YOU, and that no one can touch. That said, who knows? It may come to a point where we don't have the degree of control over our bodies that we have now. In which case, a choice has to be made on where you want to make your stand. Some will choose to refuse, and may become martyrs of a sort as a result. Others might have other things to accomplish, in which case having their bodies violated in this way may be a necessary evil in order to continue along that path. God knows, it won't be the first time in human history that tyrants have enforced their will on the people, with disastrous results.

Well the way I see it is I find in my workplace at least, where operations have started as usual and with the "new normal" precaution of temperature screening every morning, being the only thing that seems to be enforced, while all the other aspects such as mask-wearing and social distancing seeming to be voluntary.

I don't wear a mask whenever I can, and when people start talking about these "new normal" measures, I usually explain to them my point of view about how these measures prevent us from developing a natural immunity to viruses and that the formulation of policy was flawed from the get-go. When they ask me to use the contact tracer app, I just pretend that I'm using it but don't really.

Otherwise I'd recommend just reading and getting as much information as you can and utilizing it wherever you can. Usually I find people at least willing to listen to alternative points of view. If they don't then it's their loss I suppose.

You may know these are obvious lies but will you ultimately have no choice but to comply and let them inject things into your body or tell you when you're allowed to go outside just so you can continue to have food on your table or see your family or travel?
Being aware of lies is one thing, but how is one supposed to act in this new normal? Very interesting things to ponder

Thank you for bringing up this important issue, Jo Bugman. I hope more people will chime in. :-)

I have been pondering the same thing. I have reread Defying Hitler and it is interesting to see how Sebastian Haffner dealt with this during the thirties. Although he did not agree with the Nazis, at one point he was caught off guard by the question whether he was Aryan or not when the Nazis stormed into the court where he was a judge. He answered yes and felt rather badly afterwards.

His father wanted him to become a higher judge and in order to do so he had to go a Nazi boot camp where he had to do the whole Heil Hitler thing and was treated like a soldier. What would have happened if he had disobeyed his father who despite his massive experience in diplomacy seemed to be unaware of the dangers of a totalitarian regime?

I have also watched Sophie Scholl: Die letzte Tage and The White Rose (a German resistance group of which Sophie was a member), just to get a feel of what it would be like living under a totalitarian regime. V for Vendetta is also a good one to watch of course. One thing I observed was that the Scholl siblings took unnecessary risks (this becomes clearer in the second film) and perhaps underestimated the danger they found themselves in. Other members who were aware of the risks tried to stop them, but to no avail.

I think we can learn a great deal from history. Hope this helps!

I wouldn't discount the importance of simply continuing to be aware that they ARE lies. Even that is difficult - to grow and keep a part of yourself that is YOU, and that no one can touch. That said, who knows? It may come to a point where we don't have the degree of control over our bodies that we have now. In which case, a choice has to be made on where you want to make your stand. Some will choose to refuse, and may become martyrs of a sort as a result. Others might have other things to accomplish, in which case having their bodies violated in this way may be a necessary evil in order to continue along that path. God knows, it won't be the first time in human history that tyrants have enforced their will on the people, with disastrous results.

As @Approaching Infinity suggests (as I understand), the success lies not in being sad because being washing up by the wave, but get on the motorboat and surf the wave. That is how I would say it a bit allegorically, where "being washed up" is like focus on the mundane meaning of events in daily life and "surf the wave" like having the higher aim where you overcome all obstacles to get the top.

So the thing that is on my mind is: How will it be possible to cope with this new normal? Obviously, if I don't like the way things are going I should drop out of university, but I have a strong suspicion it is going to be like this everywhere soon enough and I don't think running into the woods will solve anything! At the same time, how is one supposed to live when the world around them is forcing lies and deception down their throat? You may know these are obvious lies but will you ultimately have no choice but to comply and let them inject things into your body or tell you when you're allowed to go outside just so you can continue to have food on your table or see your family or travel?
Being aware of lies is one thing, but how is one supposed to act in this new normal? Very interesting things to ponder
Now a days, you can't enter the shop without wearing a mask. Most of the time, it is social conformity driven by supposed orders from state governments to businesses. But one can see, some people wear strictly as if life is depended on them and others wear the sake of wearing without properly covering and others wear it only if they come nearer to some body else. I wear it only cover the nose if iam nearer to folks( not to irritate them).

Other day, I went to give a professional exam center (in South NJ) without a mask. Receptionist asked me for mask and i said 'I don't have it' ( but i do have it in car, but i have no intention of wearing it for more than 2 hours of test). She hesitated and after some time, she gave me one thin cotton mask for me to wear. I sat in adjacent room for my time to come for doing paper work and exam. Bored, I thought i will try this new mask, in the process unintentionally i broke the thread holding to the ear. I gave it her saying it broke. Poor woman not willing to waste another mask allowed me to sit near her to finish paper work and I did the exam without mask in another room.

Interesting part is by the time I came out of exam room, this receptionist happily watching movies without mask. she must have thought 'heck with it, if no body cares, why should I care'.:lol: On that day, not too many are there, so she did that, but if more people are coming with masks, she would have changed her stance again. Social conformity works on both ends and there will always be hardcore folks on both ends.

After that, I went to Delaware to do some shopping, visited many shops without wearing mask, some shops didn't bothered about mask, one outright don't want to sell it, one don't want me to even enter the shop and another sold the items though he don't want to, saying "he is not the person to decide" ( because he don't want to lose the business). If I analyze the color and nationality of origin of these shop people, this all makes sense w.r.t temperament/social conformity prevalent in those countries and all are mechanically following them.

Vaccination seems to be on the way, Trump is swinging on both sides keeping elections in mind, making Fauci ( mouthpiece of liberal state) to dance with varying statements at different times for the media to take it whatever that suits them. Fauci and Gates very well know that Trump is throwing them under the bus by giving varying statements ( 'Who is Fauci to decide about NFL', hydroxychloroquine is good etc.) and media can't save them. My guess is, if Trump wins the reelection, he will ignore vaccinations.

But, now a days none of our usual 3D thinking explains what we are observing. Let's see what will happen. Mean while, we can prepare to reduce the effect of vaccination using Vitamin C, Iodine and other measures( check the forum and sott). Students are rebels of social conformity by nature and who knows things will change when the kids starts feeling the ill effects in public setting. Here is one from China

Sounds lined your uni is going hardcore. At mine, it currently sounds like everyone will be encouraged to wear masks and get their shots - but it doesn't sound yet like they'll make it mandatory. Instructors especially are being encouraged, in order to 'set a good example'.

My advice, fwiw: if masks aren't mandatory, don't wear one. If they are, pull it down over your nose. Make them order you every time, don't preemptively comply. Regarding vaccinations, don't do it. It's not worth it. If they make them mandatory, take your classes online. There's a pretty good chance that classes will move back online next semester anyhow; it would be silly to get vaccinated, with the associated health risks, just to get a few weeks of on-campus experience (which will anyhow not be worth it, given that everything will be so tightly controlled under the new normal.)

Good advice.
I would add one thing: do your best to form a social network of like-minded people. Try to find family especially who agree with your views, as well as friends. There is strength in numbers. I've been talking with various people in my life about what we would do if things get really bad - ideas of places to relocate as a last resort and so on. Not everywhere in the world is the same - yet! So a longer term plan could be life not too far from family, where the community's values and ideals are closer to your own.

Wow, your university is really pushing this covid thing to the max. It’s just insane with all of this back and forth and constant rule changing. In my area I know there is a mandatory mask rule literally EVERYWHERE you go but this is the first time I hear of mandatory vaccinations in universities/colleges. If they start doing that then I would just take online classes as a couple of people are suggesting.

It is very difficult to find places that do not require masks. In some counties (such as the one I’m at) you are required to wear a mask when out in public or risk getting fined.Literally all the stores here require masks or no service. I just carry my mask in hand when out in public and put in on in stores and work where they are mandatory.

I’m currently working at a senior medical center and it is getting super ridiculous with the constant rule changing. I honestly don’t even know how most doctors are just blindly following this mask wearing bs like I’m pretty sure they have to have an idea of the repercussions (I hope). Some of the leading doctors are pushing for the mask wearing and now as of today we are required to wear a face shield as well :(. And they are using slogans such as “chose love” or “ludicrously safe” to convince the employees to do the social distancing and mask wearing for the safety of their families . Oh and the most beautiful part is that you HAVE to get the flu vaccine every year during flu season if not then you are out of a job. I for one will not be getting it and will put in my two weeks notice when the times comes.

We are all living in crazy times but at least we have the knowledge to guide us and others as well so hope will never be lost. Stay aware my friends, much love and best of luck to everyone :)

I'm attending a university here in the USA and pretty close to finishing. I was really looking forward to this Fall semester before all this 'rona hysteria starting getting me worried.
From what I know I will be able to attend classes this fall but I will be required to wear a mask at all times, classrooms will be arranged for "social distancing", and admins are basically encouraging students NOT to attend class and just watch the lectures online.
And now it is looking like I will have to get a new cocktail of vaccinations this (probably every) semester to continue attending university.

Being aware of lies is one thing, but how is one supposed to act in this new normal? Very interesting things to ponder 💩

:love:
Hello Jo Bugman, I think we can all relate to your comments and your questions regarding the new "normal". In a few weeks I will be age 70 and I only mention my age because my original "normal" of the fifties has changed so many times I've lost count. In my childhood we did not lock our doors. We left the car keys in the ignition and we knew all our neighbors. This was in Miami, Florida, which I now consider to be a jungle. A few years ago I found myself struggling with the new normal of the preference for 'texting' and the decrease of face-to-face communication and/or phone calls where two people could at least listen to the mutual sounds of our voices. All of these changes were quite challenging at the time. I do not have the power to transform Miami into what it once was and I will not be able to encourage people to communicate face to face. My power lies in my capacity to change as a member of the human race. We humans are a dynamic species and 'all that is' is dynamic. The only outcomes we can indeed anticipate is . . . change.

It is needless to write that the changes we are experiencing in this now are grave. My perspective is that the most important element I need to focus on as an individual is my mental health. I remind myself that our perception of 'time' is sort of a distorted perception and that there is only 'now'. In this now . . . I am very pleased that you have the courage to reach out and share your concerns. So many questions and very few absolutes. Actually . . . no absolutes available. So many times, the C's have reminded us that "the future is open" and these are words which have always comforted me. May the light of knowledge and peace surround your now.

Very good advice in this thread, thank you all. Here in Houston, the city is still doing its best to force everyone to panic. But as said, this isn't the first time changes have happened, and I see now how important it is to keep learning so as to make the correct decisions when the chances arise. My next challenge is: How does one make friends during this plandemic? :lol:
Best of luck to you all!

Back
Top Bottom