The owl and the pussycat

Fascinating--I would not believe it without seeing it. Here in the Eastern US I worry about my small cat being out at night as we have very large Great Horned Owls that hunt small mammals. I keep her in most of the time after dark. When I lived out west, eagles were known to have preyed on small dogs and cats, as well as lambs etc. The process that bonds diverse predator/prey animals together is truly amazing.
shellycheval

Animals can be so uplifting; it's a joy to observe their innocence, purity and sense of fun, no matter how old they are. A dog showing how pleased he is with life, wagging his tail, just plain happy with life's simple pleasures. Or a cat snoozing by the fire, curled up, looking like a comfy cushion. I love them! We had a most beautiful cat who opened draws to steal my chocolate, hid behind corners to jump out at us, and even played football (soccer). His name was Benjy. He was the best. My mum had a cat, Ignatius, who, by his request, would take with her for bike rides in her basket, and the neighbourhood dogs were absolutely terrified of him.
What a fun video. Excellent find, thanks!

Just great - Thanks! :)

It always amazes when old animal kingdom adversaries strike up playful bonds.

Back
Top Bottom