The Politics of Climate Change: Green New Deal And Other Madness

Meanwhile, there is no money left to repair the roads, some of them in such bad shape you might brake you car if you drive more than 30 km/h.

Yeah, at home they spent money on flashy rainbow pedestrian walkways - very pretty for some, while street pot holes swallow one's car whole, and pound front ends to ruin. Town Council Priorities.

Might try sending the repair bills to the town and see what they say, albeit one can't mention the sidewalks least one become excoriated for uttering a sidewalk vs. pot hole hate crime.

Might try sending the repair bills to the town
Here they passed a law that you can't do that anymore. Well, you can make a claim, but they changed the law in a way to make it almost impossible to win against them...

If a pothole has left your car damaged, you have options, but you’ll need to prove that the road maintenance authorities were negligent in doing their job. You cannot hold a municipality or the provincial government liable for material damage to your vehicle’s tires or suspension system due to road conditions. (which is almost always the only thing that brakes because of potholes)

That’s according to these laws:

• Roads managed and maintained by the Ministry of Transport of Quebec: Article 30, An Act Respecting Roads (CQLR chapter V-9)
  • Municipality governed by the Municipal Code: Article 1127.2, Municipal Code of Québec, (CQLR chapter C-27.1)
  • Municipality governed by the Cities and Towns Act: Article 604.1 of the Cities and Towns Act (CQLR chapter C-19)
Despite that legal restriction, you can still sue a municipality or the Quebec Ministry of Transport for carelessness, negligence, or misconduct. The burden of proof, however, rests with the driver (i.e., you).

We know at what temp water boils. The only remaining question is, what is the boiling point of humanity?

Some molecules are in denial, others are ignorant; or brainwashed that water shouldn’t boil and even calling for more logs on the fire, or saying the temp in the pot is not really rising etc etc. A hundred things until that one thing. What will it be? Hockey and Curling are proven to be detrimental to the environment and get banned? I think that would make Canadians snap. But I’m really just guessing. Obviously they wouldn’t dare go that far. Or would they? Just to see.
i want to clarify my statement on possible global warming: i do NOT contest warming, should the data show this, i only maintain that ALL so-called green house gases CANNOT be responsible on the sole basis of physics. if you want to find reasons for warming, you MUST find other reasons and quantify their possible influence.

We know at what temp water boils. The only remaining question is, what is the boiling point of humanity?

Some molecules are in denial, others are ignorant; or brainwashed that water shouldn’t boil and even calling for more logs on the fire, or saying the temp in the pot is not really rising etc etc. A hundred things until that one thing. What will it be? Hockey and Curling are proven to be detrimental to the environment and get banned? I think that would make Canadians snap. But I’m really just guessing. Obviously they wouldn’t dare go that far. Or would they? Just to see.
well, you are right. humanity will survive and a new cycle can start, for the next lessons...

Exploding batteries spark deadly S Korea factory fire​

Firefighters try to put out a fire at a primary lithium battery factory in Hwaseong, South Korea, 24 June 2024
IMAGE SOURCE,YONHAP/EPA-EFE/REX/SHUTTERSTOCK
Image caption,
Firefighters took several hours to put out the blaze with dry sand​

Tessa Wong and Flora Drury
BBC News

• Published
      24 June 2024, 09:35 BST

A massive factory fire that began after several lithium batteries exploded has killed at least 22 people in South Korea.
The blaze broke out on Monday morning at the Aricell plant in Hwaseong city, about 45km (28 miles) south of the capital Seoul.
Local television footage showed large smoke clouds and small explosions going off as firefighters sought to put out the fire. A part of the roof had collapsed.
South Korea is a leading producer of lithium batteries, which are used in many items from electric vehicles to laptops.
Fire official Kim Jin-young said 18 Chinese, one Laotian and two South Korean workers had been confirmed as among the dead. A final body had yet to be identified, and there are fears at least one more person may be missing.
"Most of the bodies are badly burned so it will take some time to identify each one," Mr Kim said, according to news agency AFP.
A further eight people were injured - two seriously - out of the 100 who had been working when the fire broke out.
The Aricell factory housed an estimated 35,000 battery cells on its second floor, where the batteries were inspected and packaged, with more stored elsewhere.
Mr Kim said the fire began when a series of battery cells exploded, though it remains unclear what triggered the initial explosions.
He explained it was difficult to enter the site initially "due to fears of additional explosions".
It is not yet clear what started the blaze. Lithium batteries are at risk of exploding if they are damaged or overheated.
Whatever the cause, once the fire took hold, it would have spread at speed - giving the workers little time to escape, according to Kim Jae-ho, fire and disaster prevention professor at Daejeon University.
"Battery materials such as nickel are easily flammable," he told Reuters news agency. "So often, there is not enough time to respond, compared to a fire caused by other materials."
As a lithium fire can react intensely with water, firefighters had to use dry sand to extinguish the blaze, which took several hours to get under control.
However, there is still a risk that after the fire is extinguished, it could reignite without warning due to the chemical reaction.

Back
Top Bottom