The Power of a Dead Dude Over Other Dead Dudes

I was watching a show on the Discovery Channel in which a family recounted their recent experience w/ a haunted house in the oldest part of Salt Lake City. Between ghost hunters & a Clairvoyant, they came to the conclusion that it was haunted by a Morman polygamist who had abused/molested dozens of his children a century ago...& that the children's spirits were trapped there by this man's spirit. Wouldn't this have been the children's choice? Because, didn't the C's say that everyone has a choice as to whether they want to go to 5d or hang around 3d earth? Just curious, if anyone has any thoughts.

Ominous said:
Wouldn't this have been the children's choice? Because, didn't the C's say that everyone has a choice as to whether they want to go to 5d or hang around 3d earth? Just curious, if anyone has any thoughts.
My first thought is, why do you think what they said has anything to do with reality? If a psychic told you that God talks to him/her, and that God said he's about to kill all the chimpanzees in the world, would you then make a topic to discuss it? Do you realize how many "psychics" and "clairvoyants" and "channels" exist in the world all having their own "expert opinion"? I suggest you read the "Channel Watch" series in the channel watch section of the forum to begin to get an understanding of just how irrelevant this is, and why this does not warrant a discussion in this forum.

I didn't think the family had any reason to lie about the matter, and I was genuinely curious. And this part of the forum is about the dead and undead. That is not reality? I agologize for voicing my curiosity here...you have made me feel it was frivolous of me to do so. I seem to stub my toe every so often in this forum.

Ominous said:
I didn't think the family had any reason to lie about the matter, and I was genuinely curious. And this part of the forum is about the dead and undead. That is not reality? I agologize for voicing my curiosity here...you have made me feel it was frivolous of me to do so. I seem to stub my toe every so often in this forum.
Hi Ominous, I don't think SAO meant that the family was lying ( though he might have and I could be wrong ) - I think he was simply saying that just because the 'psychic' involved said that certain things were happening does not mean that certain things were happening and that asking about the plausibility of such things is rather a difficult thing to address on any level.

Ultimately - while the family was likely recounting what happened to them from their perspective (assuming it wasn't all theatre for television) the psychic could be making up what 'they see' - or they could think they are genuine and it is their imagination, or they could be really 'seeing something' - we cannot know. So, the number of variables in the equation gets so high that to work through it all would be like 'mucking out the Aegean stables' as someone around here is fond of saying.

As far as what can and cannot happen once one leaves 'this mortal coil' - what we work with here are simply hypotheses and while the 'conduit' from '3D' to '5D' is 'supposed' to be incorruptible, who's to say where and when choice comes into play?

So - long story short - I'm genuinely curious as well, however, with this many variables and with the fact that this was on the discovery channel - well - we're looking at never really having a good grasp on any of it - and I think that may be where SAO was coming from. Personally, I find it hard to fathom that some child abusing Mormon could control the souls of the children he abused - but then again, I'm kind of an optimist that way. ;)

a

I don't think he was suggesting that the family is lying about the "haunting" they experienced. Rather, he is suggesting that the interpretation of what they experienced, as offered by the "ghost hunters" and "clairvoyant", is open to question. Many theories have been put out by those who study/research such paranormal activity -- from "trapped spirits" to "psychic imprints" of emotionally charged events -- and there is simply no way of really "knowing".

Your post seemed to assume that the theory of "trapped spirits" was correct (i.e. reflected "reality"), hence your confusion as to why that did not gel with the Cassiopaea material. But there's no objective reason to make such an assumption, so your question becomes moot.

Ominous said:
I didn't think the family had any reason to lie about the matter, and I was genuinely curious.
What about the "clairvoyant" and the "ghost hunters"?

Ominous said:
And this part of the forum is about the dead and undead. That is not reality?
But not everything everyone says about the dead and the undead is real or significant. I guess I just don't understand why out of thousands of self-proclaimed ghost-hunters and clairvoyants that are making all kinds of unverifiable proclamations all over the internet, you think this one is more significant?

And I apologize if I came off a bit annoyed. I guess it just seemed to me that you didn't really give this any thought of your own before asking for input, that it was maybe more of an impulsive request without considering that you're basically asking someone to pull a rabbit out of the hat for you.

SOA, you're right about the post being an impulsive one...to explain further: the "ghost hunters" claimed they picked up over 100 EVP's from the house; one from a man, and all the others were children. That's when the claivoyant came in and said "oh it must be a mormon and his trapped, abused children who lived here 100 years ago." I was wrong to make the assumption that what the clairvoyant said was true. Caught up in the moment, I guess.

Ominous said:
Just curious, if anyone has any thoughts.
Sounds like you would benefit from having a look at the classic "The Book on Mediums. Guide for mediums and invocators." by Allan Kardec. You will find it in any good second-hand book store. It is an excellent and eye-opening treatise on the topic, originally published back in 1874 with loads of re-prints.

If you are really interested in the answers, that is.

Of course I really want to have some answers. Thanks for the book suggestion, I'll mos def look for it. It sounded as if you were insinuating that I DON'T want to know the answers...tho that could be my self-importance interpreting. I do apologize for just throwing up this post so impulsively. I will try to restrain myself from repeat incidents. Respect to all.

Children spirits (or any other underdeveloped souls) after discarnating are often confused and easily deceived by demon entities infesting earthbound spirit as explained by Shakuntala Modi in her work "Remarkable Healings".

Back
Top Bottom