The Prayer of the Soul

Carlisle said:
This is excellent, great job osher. I can't help but sing along!

I don't know much about music, but the melody is structured in such a way as to have the effect of "opening up" positive emotions - at least on me, anyway :).

I second that!

It would sound divine with more people singing like choir at some parts. Actually, I can imagine Laura singing with the choir background of many members, hmmm... what a thought!

Thank you, osher! :thup:

Congratulations! Maybe you can sing the same song on a midi keyboard to have a higher quality of the piano(it is cheaper and there are some very good piano's out there).

There was almost a religious feel to this piece. Lovely!

I don't know if this is even a good suggestion, but if there a way to make the singing better heard I wonder if you would consider making a second version. The reason I ask is because I couldn't make out much of the prayer itself even though the way it was sung sounded beautiful.

Ennio said:

Yes - it is so beautiful. It has an emotional quality to it - or perhaps that is just the way I experienced it - brought tears to my eyes immediately.

Thank you so much for sharing it Osher. :clap:

Ennio said:
I don't know if this is even a good suggestion, but if there a way to make the singing better heard I wonder if you would consider making a second version. The reason I ask is because I couldn't make out much of the prayer itself
Yes, of course. Also the piano sound is too dark, as suggested. It is always a decision of where to stop editing and at this point i just wanted it to share and record better version when possible. It's also possible to better edit this one, but probably not much, i will take a look into that. Thank you for suggestions and approval.

Awesome piece, Osher, thank you!

I do however find it a bit sad and dark... what would it render if it was uptuned by 1/2 to 1 tone up ?

also, I do play a bit of guitar and bass guitar and if I can manage helping in any way whatsoever, I'm more than happy to do so... :)

finally, if and only if looking for recording gear, I do have a couple interesting recommendations, but I'm yet to have the chance to experiment with these:

Steinberg UR22 (or UR44 if money is not an issue) USB Audio Interface, and
Shure SM58 Cardioid Microphone

For what It's worth :cool2:

Ennio said:

Totally agree with Ennio. It has a religious feeling and an emotional one too.

Ennio said:
I don't know if this is even a good suggestion, but if there a way to make the singing better heard I wonder if you would consider making a second version. The reason I ask is because I couldn't make out much of the prayer itself even though the way it was sung sounded beautiful.

Same thing for me. Maybe the sound of the piano should be a bit lower?

Good work osher!

Ennio said:

I agree, the mix is a little over balanced for the piano. There's a nice etheric effect for the vocals, but if the voice was a bit louder/distinct it would be even better.

Ennio said:

Not almost, the feel was definitely there, imho! Especially the phrasing of the DCM words was just like from a church choir. If it was an organ instead of a keyboard, I would have thought I'm sitting in a cathedral. Very nice touch, thank you very much for sharing!

Ennio said:

Ditto, but that's not an issue since this is just a demo. Suggestions? I can imagine as many as there are people on this forum but for the sake of inspirational brainstorming It could be nice if the first round was played with a vocal & a simple line of, let's say, cello only, while the piano would enter for the second phase. And by then I would be already crying ... :hug2:

Back
Top Bottom