The Ringing Cedars and Anastasia

Re: anastasia de Russie ?? FR + ESP + ENG +

Anastacia and ringing cedars is discussed here : http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,12510.0.html

The topics have been merged (using the search engine prior to posting is always a good idea).

I have read the entire series and highly recommend. The series includes a lifestyle which is associated with the nature. There's history, philosophy, economics and old forgotten knowledge.

Hello
I just needed to say, that sometimes I think, feel, that some of you believe on everything what Cs bring out, even that they usually say; inform yourself, dig, explore... There is no chance that everything is truth, if nothing, not all true. Because we people are so different, in every way and it's sure/simple we can't agree with all, simply because we don't have the whole story and we can only try to connect the dots.Either we agree or not on some things one thing should be important to us all as Human beings; that is learning to be a Human, to be open, to see beyond.
If we stuck with something, like it's some sort of new religion and not let nothing else to come in our life, we will burn inside. I'm not assume nothing. Let everyone take this as much you recognize yourself in those words.
All is written in best intense with no wish to offend.
:wrongbar:
:)

Gogs said:
Hello
I just needed to say, that sometimes I think, feel, that some of you believe on everything what Cs bring out, even that they usually say; inform yourself, dig, explore... There is no chance that everything is truth, if nothing, not all true. Because we people are so different, in every way and it's sure/simple we can't agree with all, simply because we don't have the whole story and we can only try to connect the dots.Either we agree or not on some things one thing should be important to us all as Human beings; that is learning to be a Human, to be open, to see beyond.
If we stuck with something, like it's some sort of new religion and not let nothing else to come in our life, we will burn inside. I'm not assume nothing. Let everyone take this as much you recognize yourself in those words.
All is written in best intense with no wish to offend.
:wrongbar:
:)
People are individual, each of them, we think differently, react differently.
We get small pieces, explore, connect, conclude. Everyone says their opinion, their "truth" as he sees it, but together we know more, we can better improve himself :)

amirhasho said:
I have read the entire series and highly recommend. The series includes a lifestyle which is associated with the nature. There's history, philosophy, economics and old forgotten knowledge.

I'd recommend that you read this thread from the beginning. There's a reason this thread is in the 'New Age COINTELPRO' section of the forum...

Gogs said:
I just needed to say, that sometimes I think, feel, that some of you believe on everything what Cs bring out, even that they usually say; inform yourself, dig, explore...

It's not useful to write in generalities, especially when it's being critical. It would be better if you could supply instances of the above described behavior occurring, from your perspective.

I was searching to see what people like about those books and I found one very interesting point of view that I translated because I think it is a very good representative of typical New Age thinking:

What's in the book that made me think and what caught my attention refers to the idea that the man is the most powerful and most complete being in the universe, although there are some civilizations that are technologically more advanced than ours, and that they have the ambition to occupy our planet but they are only and exclusively technologically advanced; in no case they have spiritual and emotional capacities of human beings. It is said that no one in the universe have such a range of power and possibilities of what the man has. This position is thoroughly explained in the book itself. I do not know why but this idea fits me 100%.

Something else is also interesting, as I said, these books are relatively stupidly written (deliberately); but! The fact that they have become so tremendously popular speaks for itself; some sophisticated text would be incomprehensible to a wider audience; This is simple and in a plain manner, and effects people directly and emotionally, (eg. they write songs - massively, after reading the book) but indicates how deep is a profound human need for something to really change on the planet and how "ordinary" people understand that.

I will emphasize here that regardless of the banality, in fact, precisely because of the simplicity of those books about cedars, in some way they represent an important milestone. (According to the theory about the change of the metaphysical paradigm - when the number of people who believe in an idea becomes dominant- eg. The earth is not flat plate, then that idea becomes the new basis of the global point of view). I only hope that the theory about reptiles and how they produced us in the laboratory will not prevail. It is obvious that currently there is a need and necessity for a paradigm shift. (common system of beliefs).

The value is in creating a positive and constructive vision of humanity. All writings about manipulations by anyone or anything, if they are true - are bad, because they reinforce the idea of helplessness and misery of man - like it was not enough for us to have Inquisition and wars - but we also need some monstrous aliens. This is called mental horror. If you believe that mind rules matter - which I personally believe - then the least that we need is a mind poisoned with horrible conspiracies.

_http://www.galaksija.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=940

Heimdallr .I have read all the comments and I see no one has read the series. Prejudices based on other people's opinions do not like to do. English is my third language and if there are any errors, please for your understanding.

amirhasho, you may want to go back and reread the thread. Several people have read some of the books, though no one was able to stomach the whole series. For instance:

Hildegarda said:
OMG!!! It's the Anastasia stuff in English!

This is a hugely popular Russian New Age-type series. I have read two or three of the first books soon after it came out, in Russian. It's all completely fictional. It reads like a bad romance novel. I mean, a REALLY BAD ONE. It totally stupefies me that people seriously believe this stuff.

A lot of things like this came out in the 90-s. After Soviet Union had collapsed, people found themselves in an ideological vacuum, combined with dire economic situation and social unrest. In this environment, the most primitive religious, pseudo-esoteric and New-Age movements took over. Missionaries of all kinds descended from abroad, homemade cults sprang up too. Folk pagan rituals, magic, eastern religions, -- all claimed their followers, and the official Russian Orthodox Christianity had a revival as well.

Looking back, it seemed that people were pretty much ready to believe everything and anything, the more absurd the better. There were mass healings broadcasted in prime time, one guy making passes with his hands, another "charging" water to be used against any sickness -- just put a water jug nest to your screen and you will have an ample supply of cure-all. You can't make this stuff up.

"Anastasia" ended up being the more enduring franchise of that time period. It offered the idea of going back to nature and setting up sustainable communal living, based on organic farming and thoughtful relationship with your environment. This grassroots movement is very active even among people who don't buy into the rest of the story. Russian country-side is
in a very bad shape. This movement is helping to revitilize it, which would be very good.

Otherwise, there is absolutely nothing to these books, they are a waste of time and money.

I feel bad for all those people who read this and assume it to be representative of some profound "Russian spirituality". It's akin to considering Danielle Steel to be the essential English Language\Western literature. BTW, Daniele Steel also was hugely popular during this time, it was the first paperback franchise to be translated and mass-distributed in the 90-s. Anastasia and DS books would be sold together on the same street book stands. Same kind of cheap fiction.

One is reading a book and did not have the stomach for further reading. Based on a book created opinion. The book has 10 parts.Another read two or three books. I do not understand why something is rejected on the basis of a couple of comments. When we are able to read so much Laura material completely, why do not you just read the series. Believe that deserves reading. No one impose my opinion. I've read the series and left a great impression. Maybe I am new to the forum, but I think that this is not compete.

amirhasho said:
One is reading a book and did not have the stomach for further reading. Based on a book created opinion. The book has 10 parts.Another read two or three books. I do not understand why something is rejected on the basis of a couple of comments. When we are able to read so much Laura material completely, why do not you just read the series. Believe that deserves reading. No one impose my opinion. I've read the series and left a great impression. Maybe I am new to the forum, but I think that this is not compete.

Could you offer any examples of this? :huh:

I spent a little time reading the site, excepts, some of the reviews, etc. One the the more talked about elements of the books is how it teaches people to be 'closer to nature'. Modern societies and the West in particular is at a disadvantage in this since it's not debatable that we are disconnected from nature. Such a disadvantage brings with it an lack of knowledge and any real understanding of what it means 'to be closer to nature'. So we tend to fill in the blanks with an imaginative lens which this series seems to exploit. Nature can be beautiful, but there's SO much more to it. Anyone can take a look through the earth changes section on Sott or the monthly Sott Summary earth changes videos to get a more visceral understanding of nature. I have to wonder if the guy who wrote this series actually spent much time outdoors at all. It should only take a few weeks (maybe a month) of being and working outdoors all day every day to disabuse our imaginative ideas about nature.

This is the top rated review on Amazon for the first book in the series, which seems to sum things up:

Okay, so I broke down and read the book...or tried to. As a woman who has lived on a farm, worked with nature, and been at least a bit spiritual I really couldn't stop myself from reading it. Now if you really loved these books, and have found your path you won't be reading my review anyway because you have moved passed such things as...well...logic.

I struggled to try and find meaning, really. Online friends have told me how it changed their life, how they are finally seeing the beauty in nature. But to me it does the exact opposite. See, I live with nature, I have bears outside my door, I hear wolves howling in the distant, I'm eating venison tonight. I know what nature is...and I love it. It is not for me to control, that would be wrong. Humans have tried to control nature for a very long time and all they have ever done is destroyed it.

Yet here the main point of the books seem to be, become enlightened and make everything happen for YOU! The "only I am important" way of thinking of the industrial age is front and center in this book. The main character of the book doesn't live with nature, she controls it to do her bidding. Bears lick her baby's poop and give up having their own young so the mother doesn't have to raise her own kid. Eagles take her (in her early years) and her son for rides. Do you know what calories in, calories out means? Eagles can and do die every year because they can't get enough calories in their system to keep them warm in the winter. Yet they have plenty to spare to take children on Disney park rides? This is the case with all wild animals. For every 6 bear cubs born only one will survive to be 1 year old...because there simply isn't enough food. These are FACTS...which are sorely lacking in this book.

To be spiritually whole with nature means that you don't only look at the pretty things to see the beauty. That is easy, I have a calendar that does that. But you look at what we humans think of as ugly; death, starvation, predators, old age, arthritis, parasites, cold weather, hot weather, not always getting everything you want...and seeing the sacred there as well. I found a mother bear and her two cubs dead in her den one year. I cried, and felt their loss, but knew that this was what needed to happen. It was my gift to grieve for those animals that couldn't make it through a cold winter. If someone told me to let those bears lick my baby's poop I would be furious.

Books like this, which once again makes nature nothing more than here to do human bidding, makes me know why our species has a long way to go before it ever sees enlightenment. But I see how it could make people want to go back to nature...because it says that nature will do all their work for them and all they have to do is believe. If I was lazy it would be the greatest thing I could think of too.

Having a bear lick her baby's poop?! No thanks!

This review highlights much of the disinfo that we commonly see in New Age material - that 'enlightenment' is all about us, it's all about gaining powers, having an 'experience', feeling good, the denial of reality, bending the universe to our will, and so on. I think it's understandable that many here don't find this sort of material appealing since it's pretty much the opposite of the Work done here.

After finding an audiobook on Youtube, read in Russian, of the first book in the Ringing Cedars Series, I thought I could learn some Russian words and phrases. It worked, the Russian was not too difficult, the reader's performance good, and there is fair amount of dialogue which makes the information bits shorter.

Then I looked up the comments. Thanks for the comments, they helped to put the book in perspective. Some works of literature whether fiction or non-fiction has much influence; they propel people to try out new or different ways of living and thinking. In the first book of the Ringing Cedars series, there is a lot about education of children. For people to admit there might be a problem with the way education and upbringing of children is carried out today, should be to their credit, I think.

I looked up the Wiki for the author Vladimir Megre. It says there are many settlements in Russia founded on the basis of the inspiration provided by the Ringing Cedar books.. If one goes on the site of the author vmegre.com, listed as an external link on the English Wiki, one finds the communities are called Kin Domains. Vladimir Megre, is apparently the leader of the movement and tries in a recent post addressed to his readers to explain the difference between his concept, Kin Domain, and that of the Eco-village, of which there also are many in Russia. Apparently and judging from the books translated, the Ringing Cedars movement remains active in several countries. This is also visible from the international page: ringingcedars.international

One may wonder, and not less after reading all the previous posts, how the concepts presented in the books by Megre could be enough to inspire the formation of communities? It reminded me of the points made by Dimitry Orlov: mentioned for example by Laura in this post: https://cassiopaea.org/forum/threads/texas-group-session-17-may-2014.34759/post-493004 Dimitri Orlov has written up some points that can sustain the creation of a community. One of the points is:
VIII. You Probably Shouldn't question the wonderful goodness of your community.
Your community should have moral authority and meaning to those within it. It can't be a mere instrumentality or a living arrangement with no higher purpose than keeping you fed, clothed, sheltered and entertained. It shouldn't be treated in a utilitarian fashion. There should be an ideology, which is unquestioned, but which is interpreted to set specific goals and norms of behavior. The community shouldn't contradict these goals and norms in practice. It should also be able to fulfill these goals and comply with these norms, and to track and measure its success in doing so. The best ideologies are circularly defined systems where it is a good system because it is used by good people, and these people are good specifically because they use the good system. Since the ideology is never questioned, it need not be particularly logical and can be based on a mystical understanding, faith or revelation. But it can't be completely silly, or nobody will take it seriously.

It seems the Ringing Cedars programme is logical enough for people to join in. Or is the concept for some members just a temporary reason for being together with other people, because times are changing and it might become harder to remain without a close network. As time changes the temporary reason for these individuals may develop into something different?

I have read it a couple of times. An interesting story. Feels like heart centered material. Can be inspiring and thought provoking to reorder ones life. The woman in the story is talking about our natural psychic abilities and use of imagination to enhance ones life. Doesnt matter if the story is true or not, what matters is the message it gives to the reader and so far the message is of empowerment. The story gives a picture how common people living in cities became disconnected from nature as the years went by and the industrial revolution moved forward with its technological feats. I believe some of the sceptics gets turned off when they come to the part where Anastasia shares deep connection with forrest animal to the extent that they bring her food. Those who have a cat which likes being outdoors might have experience how cats can bring dead animals homew to its master. The story doesnt end there an I would suggest people reading it with an open mind. Do we have to do everything the book tells? no and neither Anastasia wanted that. Extremes are extremes and we should avoid that by keeping balance in mind. C's have mentioned once about powerful entities that can change virus by their power of will and I bet that anyone can do that through awareness. Sorry for my poor english.

Back
Top Bottom