The Truth Perspective: A Time for Warriors: Interview with Stefan Verstappen

aaron r said:
Hi Divide by Zero, I suggest you look up the meaning of, "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king".

Why not just say what the meaning is here instead of making him go look it up? Being cryptic isn't helpful to anyone.

Fair enough. The saying was used by Laura in the Sott radio interview. My understanding is that this is not a favourable comment.

I'm actually glad he didn't totally capitulate on his views just because Laura and Joe said so - that wouldn't show much warriorship :P

Agreed. What I took from what he said is that he can't say what kind of man he is because he hasn't spent time in his presence. He recognizes that a lot of what we see with any of these leaders is a combination of PR and propaganda. It is easy to be fooled. He is watching, he likes a lot of what he sees there, but he isn't going to put him on a pedestal without actually knowing him. Echoes of wisdom to me.

Remember the session, which indicated that Putin was not perfect? But that he is the best of all we have at this time.

Thus equating for more opportunity to the "work" thus for winning at the chess broad of life, and possibly moving towards 4DSTO. So in essence, he is buying humanity time.

Even John F. Kennedy, Martian Luther King, had there faults. Welcome to the "One big School of Lessons". We all have faults do we not? At least they made a commitment, and a sacrifice to tell the people the truth. As did Julius Caesar.

Does one not see that "They" would love to take Putin out, in heart beat. But the Bear will always out think the Fox. And from that i learn something about life.

I also learn more about my limitations of patience with observing his actions of how he navigates the turmoil in Syria. With maturity for level playing field for a country under fire, from all sides.

He is not the savorier i agree on that, (nor was he meant to be). But i will gladly (and with respect) tip my hat to this individual whom leads the pack against the psychotics at this time of Planet Earth at 3dsts.

My 1 cents and FWIW.

aaron r said:
I don't feel this man is what he purports to be. That is, a spiritual master. He comes across New Agey to me. I thought he was appealing to people's ego to sell the book. He just did not seem to be able to answer Laura's questions and virtually contradicted himself on Putin. Anyway it topped it off for me when he is asking for money and has not finished the book. I think the man is a bit down on his luck.

Well, he doesn't really purport to be anything, other than a martial arts teacher and someone who has looked into historical cycles, albeit from a relatively basic viewpoint. I also think it as fair enough for him to appeal to any "warriors" out there. Whether or not that equals an appeal to someone's ego is really up to the person. He was 'on the fence' about Putin for sure, hence the sense of us trying to make him see a little more deeply on that score. Asking for donations in order to be able to finish writing his book is also fair enough, everyone does it in one way or another. We had him on the show and allowed him to do that because we think there is some valuable information in the research he has done. And yes, he, like many others in this time, is a bit down on his luck.

I agree with Joe's post. I hold Stefan's work and his messages in high regard. In this particular time in history we all, who are able, need to get in touch with our inner warrior. We may be far from a 'Leader' as is Putin, but we are still the 'leader' of ourselves. I would imagine that a true warrior (even a wee-warrior) would always question the motives of anyone in a leadership position. I would venture to say that that quality would be a prerequisite to warrior-ship. Personally, I don't feel that one can ever be a true leader without first knowing how to follow. Or better yet, knowing how to not blindly follow. A true leader does not ask for blind followers. Myself, I see Putin as a Warrior and a True Leader. I do not know the guy personally, but I don't have to. I have done some research into the man and I observe his words and actions. A 'savior'? We are our own saviors. I think that we have a skewed understanding of the word Savior. "The Savior"?, well certainly he is a savior for many Russian Peoples whose lives have been made better because of his leadership, which would not even be possible if not for the many other warriors who advise on and implement the policies he promotes. Okay, enough with Putin already.

Stefan is on to something. His thoughts on community, self sustaining and life promoting. His understanding that if we allow ourselves to continue on this path that has been paved by psychopaths in power that suck our resources, our life blood and any vestige of 'warrior-ship' that is inherent to the human spirit we will all loose. We will loose ourselves, our commonality, our purpose for even being here.

His presentation may be based on his life experiences and his love of martial arts, which in most venues IS spiritual (except Krav Maga, maybe!), I am glad he has chosen to share his knowledge. Seeking support, whether financial or otherwise, nothing wrong with that. I am glad to support, albeit in my own limited ability, to such an endeavor.

I guess I'm just saying that there is more to the picture of Stefan (or anyone for that matter) than what we heard in an hour long interview. And a person doesn't have to completely agree with the hosts or the listeners opinions to have a valid opinion of their own, nor does it make their personal message any less relevant or important. (except, maybe for Dr Judy Wood, she was just downright rude).

Freya said:
Stefan is on to something. His thoughts on community, self sustaining and life promoting. His understanding that if we allow ourselves to continue on this path that has been paved by psychopaths in power that suck our resources, our life blood and any vestige of 'warrior-ship' that is inherent to the human spirit we will all loose. We will loose ourselves, our commonality, our purpose for even being here.

Well said Freya - thanks. :)

Carl said:
Keit said:
I think he was a courteous and polite guest, but it didn't quite disguise his real opinion of Mr. Putin. ;) Notice how he concentrated only on Putin's outward characteristics of a warrior, as if saying that it is all a facade. Unless he simply wasn't able to recognize more than that.

But then, he is entitled to his own opinion.

He said himself that he doesn't pay much attention to the news. The only reason we have a good idea what is really going on with Putin is because we pay a lot of attention to the news (and as Joe retorted, read between the lines). It's not really his area of interest or expertise and his interest is more along the lines of personal and small-community development. So I would just take it as it is.

I'm actually glad he didn't totally capitulate on his views just because Laura and Joe said so - that wouldn't show much warriorship :P

I wasn't impressed by him in the previous interview though there were many good points made in this interview i.e. the fear factor being purposely generated, Putin as an example of a Warrior and Harrison's thoughts about different ways war can be waged. The high point for me, on SV's comments, was when he did the Mafia voice imitation. He sounded forceful in that one moment. New Agey and not well rounded or an unrealistic perspective was my impression the first time speaking with SOTT. This time my take away impression was 'How can he ever make a "weighted opinion", like judging Putin's character or motives, if he can only do so with first hand experience? ' This was his reasoning on topics that he hadn't investigated. Realistically, first hand knowledge is not going to happen or be the case for most of our life assessments. Many things are understood by comparing trusted second , third, etc. resources, as well as the disinformation traps, in question over many years. I think this was illustrated when the SOTT members made their points to the discussion. I love the ideas he is bringing together but I'm skeptical about his mastership of them.

I just wanted to drop this in here, in case there are newcomers who missed them...

Stefan also put out early last year (2015) a super-lucid series of YouTube videos under the title, "Paradise Stolen".

They contained a few ways of thinking about things which I'd never encountered before. The whole series is refreshing and illuminating, each of the segments quite short and easy to digest.

The one on over-population being a myth struck me in particular...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lIboR9Wtg8

Thank you so much Gaby and Tristan for this information, I will have a look into it, as it seems so interesting. :hug2:
I might start yoga again. (Semi) light physical work also seems to help me build strength (physical and mental). The weather has been very bad these past few weeks, which meant I couldn't do any work outdoors and it left me feeling drained and exhausted. I definitely feel better when I am physically active.

About Putin and Stefan Verstappen, I would think that true warriors would be able to recognise other warriors, but I could be completely wrong. And I agree Stefan is entitled to his own opinion and he might even feel motivated to look into this topic and see for himself whether the crew was right about Putin or not.

Laura advised us to get the book, which I did and I think it will be helpful in many areas of my life. I still have trouble setting boundaries. This really hit home the other day when a man overstepped my boundaries by touching me in an inappropriate manner, after I had made it clear to him I didn't want any help because I suspected (on an unconscious level probably) that something nasty could happen, as he had done it before. Even though I had taken a step back and said NO a couple of times he still followed me in my own garden. I let my guard down for one split second only, because I had to collect some stuff and then he grabbed me by the arms and touched my bottom. So, I am very much looking forward to this book. I hope this incident will be able to teach me a thing or two. :(

There has been some interesting comments here concerning Stefan, the show, views on Putin and his book. As for Putin, he seems to just not know; he is uncertain. Does he know Russia? He is Canadian, he might (maybe not) have running old cold war programs; I know I once did too. He studies dynastic cycles and their leaders and can see collapses and why they often happen. To understand Putin, let alone Russia and its history, is a great study, and one might not see everything, and its in real time with Putin, not as a historical perspective. Yet the ability to separate his deeds and actions from the rhetoric helps to give indication of his mantel, yet it's not easy, it requires focused observation of opposing sides and their goals - the West's is easy to see for many.

I'm reminded of Caesar, people have one historical way of thinking of him that were full of taints, yet a close study reveals a completely different side. Further, religious study reveals even more fantastic things about him that seem to have been ascribed to a different, even to a biblical character revered in life - everything gets twisted around and becomes opaque. It takes time to see, and Stefan may not have taken enough focused time with Putin; yet he is not beyond seeing these things, osit.

LQB said:
Freya said:

Well said Freya - thanks. :)

I think so, too.

Edit: wanted to add something concerning contrasts in what appears as fixed things (ideas, thoughts etc.) - here is a quote from Sun Tzu:

“There are not more than five musical notes, yet the combinations of these five give rise to more melodies than can ever be heard.

There are not more than five primary colours, yet in combination
they produce more hues than can ever been seen.

There are not more than five cardinal tastes, yet combinations of
them yield more flavours than can ever be tasted.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

For some reason it reminded me of keeping open to things that seem fixed, of people and our times; it's hard to imaging all the possibilities, yet things are possible that we have yet to see, experience and know.

The other day I had a conversation with a friend about game of thrones. Being that the story is in a psychopathic realm it can be pertinent to our current situation minute the excessive violence and

We examined each major character's traits and their actions. What was common was that each "good" fighter had a higher purpose that transcended their immediate survival. Sure, any of them could settle down and hide and live fine with their skills. But at some point they gave that up, not being able to numb themselves like the authoritarian followers or Pavlov's "agreeable"dogs in tmi who can deal with injustice and unfairness as normal to life.

Many of those warriors, whether political or military, disagreed because that warrior mentality is exactly was said earlier: someone who serves a higher purpose that they believe deep down, not a specific political party or group.

Some of the warriors fall into their own stubbornness and refuse to work with others even when the situation is dire. Those are not what i think Stefan was talking about. The ones who could work with other groups seem more stories, but without forgetting that we are sts and those tactics are required to succeed against the psychopaths/schizoids.

Putin displays warrior actions, yes. Like any warrior there are faults and a lot of these are built into the system, like he has to use China as an ally because there are no other strong alternatives. But as game of thrones shows, sometimes these things can backfire or lead into another new system of control. That's the healthy doubt that I think some of us display here and I don't see where Stefan was wrong in having doubts.

Also I read about something called the warrior gene a few days ago. Basically, it s where some people have less MAO, meaning their systems don't break down neurotransmitters as quickly, similar to overexcitability that Dabrowski talked sbout. With low IQ and/or excessive testosterone, it results in violent behavior. Funny how our food/medical system pushes hormones in food and vaccines that likely lower IQ through heavy metals. It's as if they know about this and set it up so that anyone who could be an effective warrior gets turned into a freak violent person, while the rest are like zombies who follow the psychopaths.

‘Never ran so fast in my life’: Toddler miraculously saved from oncoming train in Russia (VIDEO)
https://www.rt.com/news/354553-toddler-saved-oncoming-train/
Published time: 4 Aug, 2016 04:30
57a2e8edc46188a5308b4568.png

Two Russian railroad security officers snatched a young child from an almost certain death, pulling the minor away from an oncoming train as the toddler walked unaccompanied on rail tracks. Their heroic leap to save the child was captured on CCTV.

Footage of the incident which happened on Saturday in Russia’s southern Krasnodar region near Ashe train station shows a young child walking along tracks without any supervision. The child appears to freeze after seeing an oncoming cargo train traveling along the line.

Staring death in the face and unable to move, the child is then suddenly swooped off his feet, by one of the two rescuers from the railroad security, that by a small chance of fate departed to patrol their segment just a few minutes earlier than usual.

Speaking to Russian tabloid LifeNews one of the rescuers, Arseny Ghazarian, explained that the incident happened near a popular camp site, which constantly sees vacationers crossing the rail tracks illegally.

He explained that on Saturday, he and his partner went on patrol at 4:56pm local time, before noticing a child a minute later.

“We went on the route, saw a child, ran, and barely made it,” 57-year-old Ghazarian explained. “The most important thing is that the child's life was saved.”

Can you imagine, no mother, no father, no one was there,” Ghazarian continued. “I ran so fast as never before in my life.”

As he tried to cover the distance of “some 130 meters” he and his partner also signaled the train to stop. The train slammed on its brakes and began honking, making the child scared and unable to move.

Dashing with all his might, Ghazarian fell about 20 meters away from the child, but the adrenaline rush forced the security guard to continue his strive to save the toddler, whom he managed to grab just as about the train came to a stop at the spot where the youngster stood.

“I cursed myself, when I fell – because of me, old fool, a child could have died,” Ghazarian said.

He explained that after some time the child's “drunken” mother appeared and took the toddler, who had suffered no injuries after the miraculous escape.

Russian hero cop rams his car into oncoming vehicle to save children's lives
http://on.rt.com/6nvh 27 Jul 2015
CK-xBBsW8AApL_x.jpg

https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/625913506852904961/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I think that this will be relevant here : So I bought and read Stefan's new book.Gotta be honest I'm a little dissapointed. Oh don't get me wrong,it's a good book with a ton of exercises for you to do that will make you a more efficient,sharper person without a doubt.But the book itself feels rushed.The chapters dealing with strategy are extremely brief with a mere paragraph or so devoted to any single strategy,psychopathy is pretty much not mentioned and the typos,oh my goodness.This book is badly in need of an editor because there's a typo every couple of pages or so and sometimes entire sentences are gone,leaving you to guess what he was trying to say. I've also noticed at least one diagram missing when it was meant to be used to display something.In short,I expected more,especially with him hyping this up as his magnum opus.I'm now wondering if his other books display the same level of quality or if this is a one-off due to time constraints.

Back
Top Bottom