The Truth Perspective: Hidden History of US Disaster in Asia...

Voyageur

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Interview with James Bradley

Could not log in for the show and caught from 35:00 min to finish. Very interesting - need to catch what was missed and even have a listen again. Should read his books too.

During the discussion on Chiang Kai-shek (big subject), was reminded of when Fletcher Prouty talked about being in Cairo and flying (as remembered) T. V. Soong's (banker brother of Kai-shek's wife, Soong Mei-ling) Chinese delegates to Tehran whereby they met with Churchill, Roosevelt and Stalin. One can only imagine what was projected in those meetings, and we can see the latter history from that point on.

Bradley's term of Korea being the keyhole to China and Japan being the U.S. aircraft carrier and how that was all described - what was done to Korea alone was indeed a somber history.

Thanks for having the interview.

Thank you for this show Joe and Niall. Such a wealth of new information and dot connecting. He revealed so well some of the assumptions in our "western" mindset about Asia and and how successful the propaganda has been in creating a skewed perspective which I find interesting in light of the city I live in here in Canada with a large Asian population. I didn't know about the US's Chinese Exclusion Act - gobsmacked! But then after what happened to Native Americans and African-American slaves I shouldn't be surprised that anyone who doesn't look like the imperialists are designated "not human". I'm looking forward to reading his two most recent books.

Haven't had a chance to listen to the interview yet, but I am reading his most recent book, The China Mirage. It's absolutely riveting. His breakdown of what happens in the US gov. pre-WWII, with the China Lobby heavily influencing US foreign policy in Asia and, as it turns out, forcing the Japanese to bomb Pearl Harbor in retaliation for denying Japan American oil is as good a historical breakdown of that time as it gets. Bradley believes the China Lobby thought the Japanese never would retaliate against the Americans for enacting the oil embargo because it would mean certain destruction, but boy were they wrong. A part of me think that's there were some in the US government who actually wanted the Japanese to attack the US, so that the American public would get behind an entrance into WII. But either way, it's fascinating insight into the machinations around the time, and that's just a part of the book! If you enjoy the interview, I highly recommend the book.

Here is an excerpt where he explains the happenings behind the US cutting of oil and steel to Japan.

James: So you get the United States military, number one in the world that’s still pissed because they didn’t win in Korea. That’s what people have to realize. All these Americans went to Korea and they didn’t gain an inch. The border held because China can’t allow a foreign power to get up to its border. The last time they did that guys, 30 million Chinese died! Japan was an aircraft carrier. When Japan invaded China and killed 30 million Chinese, with whose oil and steel? Franklin Delanor Roosevelt’s oil and steel! You’ve got to look at it. This is not an accusation. Wall Street was so happy when Japan went into China. It takes a lot of oil and steel to kill 30 million Chinese. Up until Pearl Harbour we were fine to support the military industrial complex in Japan. It was a profit centre.

Niall: Something changed. Do you know what changed? Why was it if everything was fine?

James: About what?

Niall: Well if they were happy to essentially see Japan’s military build up with Californian oil, what changed then for that to end and for the US and Japan to end up in a war?

James: It was okay when Japan was on the leash. That was Teddy Roosevelt’s idea. Well let them jump on to Korea but we’ve got a leash. We’re the white man. And they’ll only go as far as we want. This is all documented. In The Imperial Cruise he’s having discussions talking about how far he’ll go, the Japanese are bowing to him, oh yes sir, we would never go beyond that line.

Niall: Right, but then they invaded China.

James: They wanted to go beyond the line!

Niall: Yeah.

James: They got a bunch of militarists in who said “Hey, we don’t have to be the pawn of America. We’ll do it ourselves.” Well when you want to do it yourself then it’s regime change.

Joe: Right.

James: So why Pearl Harbour? It’s hard to say in a sentence but when Franklin Roosevelt went to see Winston Churchill up in Canada there’s so many books and pictures about it, but as you’ll see from the China Mirage, while he was gone these geniuses in the deep state – just like they’re manipulating Trump – they manipulated the Japanese deal where they cut off the oil and Roosevelt didn’t know. If you read history books you’ll read “We cut off the oil and it led to war.” Well if you spend about a year-and-a-half trying to get the documents about this as I did, you’ll learn that Roosevelt didn’t cut off the oil. Congress did not cut off the oil. The American public on the day they cut the oil didn’t know we cut the oil. This was done by the geniuses of the deep state.

Roosevelt learned a month later and politically had to accept it as a fait accompli. Well guess what? Before Roosevelt even knew, the emperor was being told “Unless you do something dramatic we’re going to die. It’s the end of Japan.” So Roosevelt doesn’t even know. He’s up there singing songs with Winston Churchill up in Canada and the emperor of Japan is being told “Roosevelt did this and if you don’t do something huge it’s the end of Japan.”

Joe: So are you suggesting that the deep state, cut off the oil deliberately to provoke Japan into something like Pearl Harbour and to get America into the war in the Pacific?

James: No, no, no, no. First of all, I’m not suggesting anything. I’ve documented it. So there’s no thesis or hypothesis. I’m talking about the book The China Mirage in which I document that the deep state geniuses who did this believed that it would bring peace!!

Joe: Really?

James: Because the Japanese would never face the strength of America. They can go fool around with Chinese, an inferior race!

Joe: Right.

James: But they never fought a big white man from the University of Alabama! The little Japs, why they would never ever – we can do anything! We can cut off the oil and piss on it. They’re just an American client and this will bring peace to Asia.

Niall: It’ll reign them in, they thought.

James: No but why? It’ll reign them in! See the Japanese need our oil and steel to kill the Chinese. And we were fine with that but now we realize they have a mind of their own so we’re going to cut that off. And then the Japanese military machine will grind to a halt and then guess what? Moderates in the Tokyo government will take over because we’re the deep state. We’ve got all the strategies. We went to George Washington University and Georgetown University and Yale and we have a lot of time and money to spend. So we’re going to cut of Japan’s oil and that will result in the humiliation of the military therefore moderates will arise in Tokyo and just trust it! Well okay, but hey, why don’t you tell the American people or the president? Well because the president doesn’t get it and the American people never get it. So they cut off the oil. Another genius move.

Yeah, those "Deep State actors" were all bought and paid for by China. Not by Chiang Kai-Shek, but rather his rich wife's family money. Chiang married in to the Soong family, and it was Mayling Soong who really pulled all the strings getting the Americans who surrounded Roosevelt to run policy that benefited Chiang, although the way Bradley documents it in his book Roosevelt sure tried his hardest to hold them back. But, he did agree to go around official channels and send American pilots and planes to China to fight against the Japanese. And the Japanese had their spies who knew all this, so they were already upset before they had their California oil cut off when Roosevelt foolishly left Washington to meet Churchill to discuss the war with Hitler at the same time his Sec. of State, who supported Roosevelt's position of not cutting off oil to Japan, was away on vacation. As Bradley puts it in his book about the situation, when the cats are away the mice will play.

Here is an excerpt where James Bradley speaks of the China Lobby. Very interesting stuff. Seems they gained and maintained their power mainly because the US had such a distorted, and frankly uninformed view of China, and these Harvard trained very wealthy people in Shanghai were able to get the US administration to do what ever bidding they chose. Even if Roosevelt was somewhat wary of them. (Reminds me of one STS group with more smarts being able to control another STS group.) No honor among thieves, I guess.

Niall: The China Lobby. I think it’s an important part in understanding how the myth…

James: Oh, the China Lobby.

Niall: Go ahead.

James: The China Lobby is a word suppressed. Just like Google and Facebook now are suppressing, editing, they call it trying to help us but it’s censorship. So the China Lobby is such a hot term. The China Lobby was formed in the 1930s with Franklin Roosevelt and it rose from a little power defending Chiang Kai-shek and Taiwan in the 50s. Huge political power. But in 1960 a guy writes a book called The China Lobby and he has a contact. He writes the book. The editors edit it. They print it and somebody visits his editor, McMillan, and all of a sudden the book’s not published, not only not published, all the copies are burned.

And it takes another 14 years for it to come out in paperback. So the word China Lobby has been excised. Everybody Will say “What’s the China Lobby?” But it was this huge force. So in Washington, D.C. the Washington newspapers wrote about the China Lobby as having enormous influence from Franklin Roosevelt to Richard Nixon. Amazing!

So I don’t know if your listeners know the story about how Richard Nixon committed treason by asking the president of South Vietnam not to agree to LBJ’s Paris peace talks conditions until after the election. Well that message was transmitted by Mrs. Chennault, the key member of the China Lobby. That was 1968, LBJ election with Humphreys. 1968! China Lobby was begun back under Franklin Roosevelt. It has enormous power.

I’m not talking conspiracy. We’ve got to get it simple. Right now the world’s complicated, the internet and people can fly in an airplane to China. Back in the 1930s nobody went to China. Come on! It’s a three-month trip. So yeah, maybe you were in a lecture with someone who went to China but you didn’t know people who went to China and you didn’t know any Chinese. It was illegal for Chinese to be in America. We had the Chinese Exclusion Act. So you were white, you were protestant and you didn’t know any Chinese.

So there’s this extremely wealthy Rockefeller-style family in Shanghai that knows how to talk to Harvard people like Franklin Delano Roosevelt. They know how to dress. They know how to talk about Jesus. They know quotes from the bible. They know Shakespeare. They went to Harvard, Wellesley, they spent decades in the United States and they learned what America wanted. And what America wanted was the China Mirage. America looks at China and thinks “Someday they’ll be like us.”
So you know the famous quote from the Vietnam War movie Full Metal Jacket, when the sergeant comes up…

Niall: Yes.

James: …and says “What’s inside every gook…

Niall: gook.

James: …is an American waiting to come out.” So today Americans are waiting. “When will China democratize? When are they going to get rid of that horrible communist leadership and experience freedom?” This has been going on for 300 years in the American mind.

James: So they’re imagining that America has the better way and that China can get towards it. Well China’s building this idea in the world, the silk road and we better get going. They have a few centuries of experience doing things well. But the China Lobby’s purpose was to get money from Franklin Roosevelt for Chiang Kai-shek. So Chiang Kai-shek married into this family called the Soong family and there was a banker Soong. I can get into the details, Madam Chiang Kai-shek. There’s books written about it. There’s books written about every one of these characters. And then Chiang Kai-shek opposed Mao.

So one of the Soong sisters went towards Mao. The other two went to Chiang Kai-shek. The Chiang Kai-shek sisters propagandized into the United States just like you do today with millions of dollars paid to journalists who are not journalists. We supported Chiang Kai-shek. So we gave Chiang Kai-shek, the loser, more money than we paid for the atom bomb. And then after he lost we said “Oh, we’d like to make an announcement. China has ceased to exist. China is now this island in the Pacific, Taiwan.” Well why? There are 600 million people in China and there’s hardly anybody from Taiwan. Why is Taiwan officially China now? Well because Chiang Kai-shek is there. Oh. So all my life I was told that I couldn’t go to China because Mao wouldn’t let me in. He hated Americans so much he wouldn’t let me in. I didn’t realize it until later, it was my State department that kept me out. Mao would have welcomed me but the United States said “Mao and you 600 million, you’re not real Chinese.”

So this might sound ridiculous to the audience but I’m 63. For the majority of my life my country, my leaders said this island in the Pacific, this is the country of China.

Niall: And Mao’s China was the false or communist China. Among the countless light bulbs that went off in my head reading your books was an understanding now I think of the beginning of the red scare after the second world war. I found this episode fascinating. Can you explain about John Service and the China Hands and how that led into McCarthy’s witch hunt and this fascinating paranoia about who lost China?

James: Okay I will but after I said that Taiwan was China you said yes and Mao’s China was communist China. No! The state department said it didn’t exist. There was non-recognition.

Niall: Right.

James: We didn’t say there was a communist China and a Taiwan China and you can go to either one. We said it’s too evil to even exist. We won’t even talk about it. So one journalist, Walter Cronkite, name all the famous journalists you know from the 1950s. None of them went to China. Too intimidated. They just reported State Department handouts like they do today. So one reporter from Baltimore goes to China in the 1950s. It’s such an event Time Magazine reports on it. An American reporter went to the biggest country in the world! Are your listeners realizing? America says the number one country in the world with the most people, now I think that would be an important country to know something about. It’s illegal to go there and we don’t want you to go there and we don’t want any information about it.

So a reporter goes there. When he gets back Dwight Eisenhower takes his passport away. So we don’t know about China. Look at the campaign. What we know is China rapes the country. China’s unfair. Front page of the Times “China just shot 10 CIA guys.”

James: China’s indescribably bad and they need a change. And the change is they should become more like America.

Niall: This has been the belief since the beginning. Today it’s China has to be democratized. Then it was a fervent belief, reinforced by the Chinese Lobby, namely very powerful Harvard-trained Americanized Chinese, that “Yes, any day now China’s going to embrace America, it’s going to become Christian even.”

Beau said:
A part of me think that's there were some in the US government who actually wanted the Japanese to attack the US, so that the American public would get behind an entrance into WII. But either way, it's fascinating insight into the machinations around the time, and that's just a part of the book! If you enjoy the interview, I highly recommend the book.

Robert Stinnett wrote a book from documents he recovered from the freedom of information act that showed Roosevelt utilized an 8-step plan to provoke the Japanese into attacking the US. Part of the plan was to actually bringing US fleets down from the northern west coast to be in Hawaii for the attack. He wrote a book about it: Day Of Deceit: The Truth About FDR and Pearl Harbor.

Here's an article on the subject:

_https://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/history/item/4740-pearl-harbor-hawaii-was-surprised-fdr-was-not

Stinnett reveals that Roosevelt's plan to provoke Japan began with a memorandum from Lieutenant Commander Arthur H. McCollum, head of the Far East desk of the Office of Naval Intelligence. The memorandum advocated eight actions predicted to lead Japan into attacking the United States. McCollum wrote: "If by these means Japan could be led to commit an overt act of war, so much the better." FDR enacted all eight of McCollum's provocative steps — and more.

Back
Top Bottom