The Why Files

DiscoveringTruth

Padawan Learner
There's a YouTube channel called The Why Files that I enjoy watching which I wanted to share with the forum members.

From the channel's description - "The Why Files is a channel for people who are fascinated (obsessed) with mysteries, myths, legends and conspiracies. We tell stories, seek the truth, and have a few laughs along the way."

That sums it up really well. The channel covers a lot of ground across different topics that overlap with those on this forum and the members here may find the content worth checking out. I've found the videos to be informative, well-researched and entertaining. AJ (the channel's host) seems to be pretty rational and level-headed overall and someone who's willing to question both the mainstream narratives and conspiracy theories/mysteries where possible. There's a new video out every week.

Recently found the channel as well. Great material indeed! Love the mix of humor and knowledge. Its rare that Youtube recommends these channels to me. lol. Youtube so focused on pushing mainstream news and the usual agenda nonsense.

Anyone knows other channels that are similar?

While it is fun to watch, I found them mixing all sorts of claims (while ignoring much better sources) in their Atlantis video.

Their most popular video on the CIA-classified Chan Thomas book was relatively well researched though. Even though they failed to mention the big difference between the Chan Thomas crustal displacement and the disproven Charles Hapgood theory (which Einstein supported).

According to Chan Thomas, the crustal displacement works like a yoyo, going back and forth in a relatively short amount of time, so that no magnetic record of the new position can be found in the magnetic records in lava deposits.

Recently found the channel as well. Great material indeed! Love the mix of humor and knowledge. Its rare that Youtube recommends these channels to me. lol. Youtube so focused on pushing mainstream news and the usual agenda nonsense.

Anyone knows other channels that are similar?
Subscribe to the channel this thread talks about and your YouTube personalized algorithm will start to change

Just watched the episode about underground bases and remote viewing. I was somewhat surprised and fascinated about the quality of the [apparent] research and production. It is very entertaining and a very slick production.
So left me wondering how can this be? Which a person on Reddit also asked:

The Mysterious Rise of "Why Files": Is It Too Good to Be True?​

Personal Thought/Story
Hey fellow Redditors, I couldn't help but notice the rapid ascent of the YouTube channel "Why Files" and it's got me scratching my head. Before I go any further, let me clarify that I'm a huge fan of conspiracy theories and alien-related content, but something about this channel seems too good to be true. Let's dig into it together and explore some curious aspects that might suggest a deeper involvement than we initially thought.
  1. Unprecedented Growth: It's not uncommon for YouTube channels to grow rapidly, but "Why Files" seemed to have shot up overnight. Within a few weeks, they went from a couple of hundred subscribers to several hundred thousand! How did a channel focused on such niche topics manage to attract such a massive following in such a short time?
  2. Top-Notch Production Value: The quality of their videos is absolutely mind-blowing. The editing, graphics, and overall presentation are on par with professionally produced documentaries. It's almost like they have access to resources and technology that regular content creators can only dream of.
  3. Incredibly Informed Content: The depth of knowledge and research presented in "Why Files" is astounding. They seem to be one step ahead of well-established experts in the field. How does a new channel manage to accumulate such vast knowledge so quickly? Are they receiving help from external sources?
  4. Access to Classified Information: Some of the information presented in their videos hints at insider knowledge that goes beyond what is publicly available. They delve into classified documents, military bases, and sensitive government information with ease. How do they have access to these materials without raising any red flags?
  5. Lack of Transparency: Unlike many other channels, "Why Files" is extremely secretive about its origins and creators. There's no "About Us" section or any identifiable individuals associated with the channel. This anonymity raises questions about who's really behind the content.
Considering all these points, it's hard not to speculate that "Why Files" might have been created or supported by a government agency or some other powerful entity. Could this be part of a covert operation to influence public opinion on these topics? Are they trying to control the narrative around conspiracy theories and alien encounters?
While I can't claim to have all the answers, I believe it's crucial for us, as an engaged and curious community, to remain vigilant and question the sources of the information we consume. Conspiracy theories have a way of captivating our minds, and sometimes, they can distract us from real issues happening right under our noses.
So, what are your thoughts on "Why Files"? Do you think it's too well-informed to be a simple YouTube channel, or is it just a product of passionate researchers? Let's discuss and uncover the truth together. Remember, the truth is out there, but it might be hidden in plain sight.
(Note: This post is purely speculative and meant for engaging discussions. Please refrain from making baseless accusations or engaging in harmful rumors.)

All good questions. Well many people have responded that the presenter and producer has other successful projects and has been hard at work putting this channel together for some, so it is no overnight success.
The producer AJ responded to the reddit thread:
ajgentile
5 mo. ago

1. Unprecedented Growth - The channel has been growing for one year. Last July I was still working a full-time job. I uploaded about 70 videos before anyone noticed. The growth is nice but there are a zillion channels that are bigger and growing faster.
  2. Top-Notch Production Value - Thanks! I have been a professional writer, producer, sound designer and editor... for over 25 years. I'm glad it shows in the work. Still plenty of mistakes and janky episode, but overall, I think we stand out from other channels that cover this stuff.
  3. Access to Classified Information - I've never posted classified information. I'm just an intense researcher. I also know my way around the web pretty well having been online since... well... the beginning.
  4. Lack of Transparency - I'm fully and completely transparent. In fact, I post videos (and other content) that I'm embarrassed about. I post things that don't make me look good. I've covered the origins of the channel in a few videos. The creators are... me. I have help with the admin side of things: Jen, Victoria, Jim, and the mods, but all production is me.
Hope that clears things up! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to check for a dead-drop from my CIA handler

My own thoughts after having listened to the underground bases/remote viewing episode are that the shows are potential disinformation that could be corrupted at the very source. The reason I say this is that one of the remote viewers featured said he felt something sinister about the first base he viewed, then this reduced as he viewed more bases around the world. Finally he concluded that they were not sinister at all. To the credit of the shows producer he just reported these things and drew no conclusion, rather the research team appears to do everything they can to verify the information they present.
They also have a podcast for material that would be censored from YouTube as well as a Discord channel where people interact and discuss the shows topics.
The website for the Why Files has some job openings for a researcher and assistant researcher. The assistant researcher is a volunteer role. Wonder if anyone here is interested in applying-we could get an inside man on the job ;D.

I’ve watched quite a lot of the episodes recently. I don’t find a disinformation agenda at play here, as the host often times debunks many of the topics covered, and at times points out disinformation campaigns and those behind them.

The presentation is just that; a presentation of the research found. I am sure there is information and sources either left out or glossed over. As A.J. stated in the episode about Mad Mike and The Time Machine; (I paraphrase) "like Art Bell, I’m telling a story, and in order to keep listeners entertained, you have to build the story." My guess is, if it doesn’t drive the story it isn’t included.

All in all I find his research good (could be more in depth at times), easily sourced if one has the interest and time to fact check, and pretty accurate. There are also external links added for each topic for further investigation. When he runs the credits at the end there’s a fairly long list of names of those who sponsor the show. As I am fairly skeptical of most things similar to this, The Why Files doesn’t have that taste for me.

All in all I find his research good (could be more in depth at times), easily sourced if one has the interest and time to fact check, and pretty accurate. There are also external links added for each topic for further investigation. When he runs the credits at the end there’s a fairly long list of names of those who sponsor the show. As I am fairly skeptical of most things similar to this, The Why Files doesn’t have that taste for me.
Cool good to know @Musicinventor. I will watch more episodes because it really did seem pretty good.

The thing worth staying aware of I think, is that sources can be permitted to broadcast certain truths so that they build public trust and then be corrupted later on to serve someone’s agenda. But when I commented on this above I was referring to potential 4D STS corruption on the feelings the individual remote viewing had about the underground bases. He went from sinister to not at all sinister. The point is that it can be reported very accurately but if the source is STS influenced unknowingly then that is what comes through.

It will be very interesting to see if WF report on the hyper dimensional aspect of the alien presence amongst us. I have no idea as have only watched the one episode. Perhaps you can comment on this?

Back
Top Bottom