This is embarrasing but..... (hemorrhoids)

Several years later it happened to me again. I chose the 'ice method' straight away and after just one day...

Gone.

That was my experience and the 'solution' that worked for me. I did that by intuition, so may be not the best way forward! If anyone has knowledge on this that can advise or, on the contrary, discourage this practice, I would be thankful!
Based on personal experience and the advice that the doctor gave me, I think the use of ice during an exacerbation is permissible since you used it. The doctor advised me to use washings with cool water and baths with potassium permanganate several times a day. The main thing is not to overdo it and not to chill the pelvic organs. Also used shark oil ointment.
Here in the video _
, the surgeon says that in the first hours of acute hemorrhoids it is permissible to use ice, but then he recommends only warm, which helps to relax the sphincter muscles and relieve pain, the lump dissolves faster. Therefore, he recommends either a 45-degree bath or sitting on a heating pad for 1 hour 2-3 times a day. But I did not use this method.
The video is in Russian, but you can turn on subtitles, including English.
I think I'll try DMSO next time. But I hope there will be no next time, because I try to avoid constipation, if necessary, I drink brewed flax, alternate between sitting and movement, doing exercises, trying to walk more (I miss my bus and walk).

Now I am drinking this vinegar and garlic tonic,
Make Your Own Chinese Health Tonic with Garlic & Vinegar

Ever since I started to drink 1 tbsp garlic/vinegar tonic add with about 8-10 ounces water 2 times per day, no more hemorrhoids, no more pain in the stomach!
And I feel my bottom is strong/tight like my younger years.

And I'm still waiting for it to be ready TONIC with Garlic and Vinegar by Kay Kim.

This is embarrassing but I could do with some advice.

To cut a very long story short I have ended up with piles (hemorrhoids). I wouldn't be sharing this except I'm in quite a lot of pain and I wondered if anyone had any advice.

I have used the over the counter remedies but I'm still really uncomfortable. I searched on line and a couple of people reported good results with DMSO and as I have some I'm using that daily.

I've put off seeing the doctor as it's still only been about a week I was hoping to resolve this myself. It's even more difficult because my job is quite physical and I'm uncomfortable even sitting down. :(

If anyone has any experience of this and any other remedies that they can recommend I'd be really grateful. Otherwise I think it's off to the doctors next week.

Keto diets with long-term, saturated fat-based, low-fiber, low-dairy products are good if possible. Zinc is a must for digestion questions. psyllium husks and algae can be investigated. Investigate pycnogenol ...

I have it from several people (never needed it myself) that Daflon works really well.

at the dosage mentioned in the second article above:

Acute hemorrhoidal attack: A 4-day course of 6 tablets daily, followed by 4 tablets daily over the next 3 days.

And then, one a day for a while to prevent any flareups.

People use it here in France a lot for better blood circulation during the Summer, but in the dosage above for hemorroids. Voilà!:-)

High fat diet can help. A diet rich in Bone broth, coconut oil, fish oil, avacados, flax oil.

I had them for 2 years post pregnancy and the Drs wanted to feed me with medicines that would dry me out further and then they said the only option was surgery.

Instead I took an approach of eating lots of ‘slippery’ foods and it did the trick. Sometimes I feel like they are sneaking back so I just go back to keto diet and all good :)

All the best

I see a lot of mentions in this thread in regards to dietary, medical, and herbal treatments for treating this kind of issue. Maybe this is being taken for granted and I'm just not seeing it, but has the "mechanical" angle been considered as well? About this issue, I've heard occasionally on the web that the wide proliferation of hemorrhoids is due at least in part to the invention of the modern toilet. It makes for an unnatural posture in, erm, doing the deed such that it places excess pressure the colon. Contrarily, in the distant past ancient humans would've assumed a squatting posture, you know like out in the woods and stuff, and this makes for easier, natural evacuation.

FWIW, my mother had some issues with hemorrhoids a while ago and after getting a specialized foot stool for the toilet (for making more of this squatting posture) she has since not reported having this issue to me again. Maybe something like that would help the people here?

This is a very interesting aspect of a...delicate subject...shall we say. I remember reading a book by a doctor many, many years ago who totally advocated the squatting posture for defaecation purposes. Since time immemorial humanity has squatted but since the development of the toilet we no longer squat and the result is (in his opinion) lots of problems with haemorrhoids etc. He also said that people who did defaecate in a squatting position emptied their bowels much more effectively. Not quite sure how he went about finding evidence for his theory but perhaps we don't want to dwell on that for too long.

He did suggest various ways of overcoming the problem, and I think raising the feet, as in the footstool, was one of them.

This is a very interesting aspect of a...delicate subject...shall we say. I remember reading a book by a doctor many, many years ago who totally advocated the squatting posture for defaecation purposes. Since time immemorial humanity has squatted but since the development of the toilet we no longer squat and the result is (in his opinion) lots of problems with haemorrhoids etc. He also said that people who did defaecate in a squatting position emptied their bowels much more effectively. Not quite sure how he went about finding evidence for his theory but perhaps we don't want to dwell on that for too long.

He did suggest various ways of overcoming the problem, and I think raising the feet, as in the footstool, was one of them.
My Chinese medical practitioner has just mentioned this to me.

I see a lot of mentions in this thread in regards to dietary, medical, and herbal treatments for treating this kind of issue. Maybe this is being taken for granted and I'm just not seeing it, but has the "mechanical" angle been considered as well? About this issue, I've heard occasionally on the web that the wide proliferation of hemorrhoids is due at least in part to the invention of the modern toilet. It makes for an unnatural posture in, erm, doing the deed such that it places excess pressure the colon. Contrarily, in the distant past ancient humans would've assumed a squatting posture, you know like out in the woods and stuff, and this makes for easier, natural evacuation.

FWIW, my mother had some issues with hemorrhoids a while ago and after getting a specialized foot stool for the toilet (for making more of this squatting posture) she has since not reported having this issue to me again. Maybe something like that would help the people here?
We actually have a thread here Squatting the Best Toilet Posture and it does talk about the footstool. It comes up a few pages into the thread.

Back
Top Bottom