Thought-Germs and Predator Mind on Social Media

whitecoast

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I though this was a fascinating video because it gives stark insight into how memes (thought-germs which spread) can end up perpetuating totally false knowledge and misinformation on social media. They do this chiefly by pushing people's emotional buttons (big surprise there). This effect is particularly pernicious when there is an "opposing" idea that also can trip people up and trigger anger in others. ("opposing" is in quotation marks because in truth two anger-fueled sides to an argument on social media actually behave like symbiotic organisms-- because they draw more individuals into the emotional vortex they spread that much farther.

A part of me wonders how we can use this information to help spread truth more effectively on twitter, facebook and other social media outlets?

https://youtu.be/rE3j_RHkqJc

Edit: another thought that blew my mind in this video is that, the more minds an idea passes through, the more its truth content tends to decay. Who needs hyperdimensional disinformation when you have neuro-entropy doing all the heavy lifting?

Hi whitecoast,
In order to embed a video, you can click on the blue square with a white triangle inside. It produces [ embed ][ /embed ] and you copy the video link between them :)

mkrnhr said:
Hi whitecoast,
In order to embed a video, you can click on the blue square with a white triangle inside. It produces [ embed ][ /embed ] and you copy the video link between them :)

Yeah I saw I screwed it up initially. It's all good now!

This was entertaining to watch! very imaginative :)

Reminded me somewhat of politicians having "thought-germs" on their side that infect others, and each politician think they are "doing best" i.e. flowers vs butterflies in this example. Imagine how many angry thought germs are being thrown about on Putin's behalf? :lol:

Also, with the information spreading and it becoming less truthful, reminded my of "Chinese whispers" - So much info on news websites is fake!

We all sneeze SOTT articles on facebook, they're not as effective though are they ;) who knows! at the end it should have something like "do you want pure real thought germs? got to SOTT.net" :lol:

good one ... we need something like this on topic of interest presented here, like psychopathy for example ... as people tooday are more captivated with iconic and video com unication ...

will be good to do it so that information can be given out at the most appropriate "language" for most of the people tooday, specially young people and teens who are just surfing youtube all they long, getting all sort of things, that are digested on a way that we adults don't relay understand

maybe if there is someone who can team up with me, we can try to do some, to see how far and good it can be?

:thup:

Back
Top Bottom