Tips to make your home natural

I came across this link, and thought it may be a good referance for those wishing to make their own natural toothpaste.

http://thepaleomama.com/2013/12/diy-remineralizing-toothpaste/

I am curious if anyone on the forum has been able to heal their cavities while on the keto diet, and drinking bone broth?

FWIW:
Gandalf said:
Thank you essence for that info.

And as said here it is also very important to add a filter to our shower or our bath since our skin is the largest organ.
This is a really complicated road to start down based on the current state of society. I agree that a good place to start seems to be simply changing over to cleaner water for bathing/showering and I would also add a filter for drinking water. I got a 7 stage filtration device from Amazon that we've been very happy with.
Aiming said:
Mariama said:
Has any of you ever made soap before and how did it go?
I am wondering whether I could use this kind of soap for different things.

I think there have been a few members who have mentioned making their own soap with good results. I just found a post by Odyssey made in the thread Glycerine Soap, where she also writes about making other useful things herself:

Odyssey said:
This weekend I spent a lot of time making my own products for the first time. The first thing I made was cold process homemade soap made from beef tallow, coconut oil, and olive oil (infused with peppermint and lavender). Then I added some more peppermint and lavender herbs to the soap and it turned out looking and smelling pretty good. I just cut it into bars today and they're curing now so I don't know how the final product performs yet. I used the book Essentially Soap for a reference as well as watching youtube videos. It was a really fun project that will come in handy someday perhaps.

Next I made some laundry detergent using this recipe from you tube except I added a third of a bar of Fels Naptha soap. _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arcCcC2FF7o&feature=related. I haven't done a load of laundry with it yet but I did wash some things out by hand (don't have a washer/dryer at home). I'll see how it turns out after they dry.

Then I made some homemade toothpaste using coconut oil infused with peppermint, baking soda, white oak bark powder and some tea tree oil. I still need to work on this formulation. There's too much baking soda for my taste. But it left my mouth feeling really clean...then it turned to a solid overnight. It was brown from the white oak bark powder but my teeth stayed white. :D

Then I made my own hair moisturizing cream using shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, castor oil, cocoa butter and tea tree oil. It can be used as a skin moisturizer too, I suppose, but it seems a bit oily for skin.

I am very interested in trying to make soap but have not ventured to do so as of yet... One of my concerns is that it can be dangerous, but it seems like that would be a very useful knowledge/skill set. And as for your deodorant post, I agree about the dangers of aluminum but personally don't find that the crystal deo stick works, at least not for me. I have tried spraying ionic silver and also witch hazel. Both seem to work, but as a downside typically need to reapplied every few hours. If I'm out and about for extended periods where reapplying just isn't convenient I have an Alum and PG free deo stick by Tom's of Maine that seems to work well.
davey72 said:
I came across this link, and thought it may be a good referance for those wishing to make their own natural toothpaste.

http://thepaleomama.com/2013/12/diy-remineralizing-toothpaste/

I am curious if anyone on the forum has been able to heal their cavities while on the keto diet, and drinking bone broth?
I don't brush much if at all anymore and haven't noticed any major issues, so I'm not convinced of the 'health' of regular brushing. Though, I could be wrong. My current stance is if I get 'too much' plaque buildup I may simply wipe them gently with cotton swabs and I'm also a big fan of Hydrogen Peroxide as a mouth cleanser.

chachazoom said:
I find vinegar and baking soda great for general cleaning. I even use vinegar for fabric softner and dishwasher rinse. However for hard water stains on toilets and bathtubs, try a pumice stone. Works great!
Vinegar is a really fabulous product for use in and out of the body, OSIT. I hadn't considered it for cleaning but I think it makes sense.

Anywho, good luck everyone with finding or making your own better products. It seems to be a fairly important topic and full of useful and much desired knowledge/skills. Thank you Essence! This should be an interesting thread to follow! :cool2:

I have found toothpicks to be very useful in brushing one's teeth. I think i saw them using sticks in an old cowboy movie, and seems to work well. They also sell special sticks for this purpose in Muslim stores.

Back
Top Bottom