to question Genghis Khan

SlavaOn

Jedi Master
I would like to ask Genghis Khan the following question - why he had the immense treasures, that he amassed, buried with him and the grave hidden? Was that intended as a challenge?

Where do you get the idea that he had "immense treasures" buried with him? His grave, as far as I've read, isn't hidden. It is kept from public knowledge because the Mongols see it as a sacred place. But the general location of his burial is known: Burkhan Khaldun near the Onon River.

I got the idea from reading the story of Genghis Khan... If I remember correctly, he was buried in an underground chamber somewhere in the Mongolian steppes and the herd of over 10,000 horses was run over it to hide and traces of the grave..
I would be interested to know what sources did you come across? How large is Burkhan Khaldun? I presume if it is a mountain range. with valleys big enough to run the herds of 10,000 horses...

I would be interested to know what sources did you come across?

He's referring to Weatherford's research:

Jack Weatherford

Jack Weatherford is the New York Times bestselling author of Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World, which sold over 300,000 copies

In 2006 he spoke at the United Nations to honor the 800th anniversary of the founding of the Mongol nation by Genghis Khan. In 2007 President Enkhbayar of Mongolia awarded him Mongolia's highest honor for military or civilian service.

See also Beau's post here:

Session 10 February 2018

Yeah, what Gaby wrote. Read Weatherford's Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World.

His grave, as far as I've read, isn't hidden. It is kept from public knowledge because the Mongols see it as a sacred place. But the general location of his burial is known: Burkhan Khaldun near the Onon River.

Is that the rebuttal to the information that you were referring to?
https://mongolianobserver.mn/hoax-chinggis-khan-tomb-found-Mongolia/

I ordered Weatherford's book and look forward to dig into it. There are public lectures of him on youTube speaking about Genghis Khan's life. That would be naïve to think that he may have uncovered the secret of GK's burial. It had never been recorded, IMHO...

Back
Top Bottom