Travel Experience - Morocco

Tracy Anne said:
Lindenlea said:
It looks and sounds like you had a great time Luke, there's nothing like travel to relax you and broaden the mind, and extend your circle of friends.

The pictures are wonderful. The Riads are beautiful, I really like Arabic architecture.

Thanks for sharing.

So do I love arabic archtecture Lindenlea. One of my favourite architects is Zaha Hadid.

Luke wilson the photo of that Mosque is outstanding. What a beautiful building. I was fortunate enough to go inside a Mosque in London.....the atmosphere was unreal.

There is something about the arabic designs, with the geometry and colours, that is so beautiful.

I second that, Zaha Hadid is amazing !
She's interested in curves and very organic, futuristic looking shapes.

Isnt her work just fantastic transientP. Although her architecture is modernist and consists of fragmented geometry apparently she gets her inspiration from arabic geometry.

Morocco is a feast for the eyes as far as colours and patterns and buildings go.

Regarding the Mosque:

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hassan_II_Mosque

The Hassan II Mosque or Grande Mosquée Hassan II (Arabic: مسجد الحسن الثاني‎; nickname: "Casablanca Hajj" (colloquial, microblogging and social networking language)[2] is a mosque in Casablanca, Morocco. It is the largest mosque in Morocco and Africa and the 7th largest in the world. Its minaret is the world's tallest at 210 metres (689 ft).[3][4] Completed in 1993, it was designed by Michel Pinseau and built by Bouygues. The minaret is 60 stories high topped by a laser, the light from which is directed towards Mecca.[5] The mosque stands on a promontory looking out to the Atlantic Ocean, the sea bed being visible through the glass floor of the building's hall.[4] The walls are of hand-crafted marble and the roof is retractable. A maximum of 105,000 worshippers can gather together for prayer: 25,000 inside the mosque hall and another 80,000 on the mosque's outside grounds.

Re: Various late summer pictures

Some Croatian Pictures

Very beautiful country IMO.

npp9gw.jpg
v3kf2o.jpg

29kopop.jpg
o5aypk.jpg

260sfhi.jpg
33trzf5.jpg

Dismaland Pics

Tickets were only £5 to see the works of a pioneer hailing from this parts if you believe the rumors. Lived up to expectations, absolutely dismal, weather was horrendous to, wind, rain & cold.

14j9hyh.jpg
2jg76hf.jpg

o5nz46.jpg
107ut7a.jpg
2h7jh39.jpg

Random Pics

i3flgg.jpg
2m3i52g.jpg

2638pzk.jpg
25h1y7t.jpg

I would definitely like to visit it. As i saw the thread I decided to glance someone's experience. Over all, there are gorgeous places to visit and plus the cards are not that expensive

Back
Top Bottom