Troy

pdouspensky

A Disturbance in the Force
I have been reading your take on the geography of Europe at the end of the bronze age and look forward to your completion of that important work. I liked your interpretation of a cosmic event that may have destroyed Atlantis as being one of a gaseous rather than solid interplanetary emissary. I was watching the Fireball of Tut on the Discovery Channel at the same time and your piece was way more plausible than the one they were using but in some ways corroborated everything you were saying. The story was on Sahara desert glass and being a prospector slash lapidarist was very interesting.

I'm still not sure where "Egypt" in the bronze age would be but your take on Troy being on the coast of England was most interesting. Heinrich Schliemann's Troy was my first exposure to using myth as an historical artifice but it occurs to me that he was only half right. The methodology was excellent but the result was fudged.

Then I ended up reading your Meynard Most material and came to the conclusion that you don't suffer fools gladly. I remind you that your Troy article insinuates lieing is okay if it is for the right reasons. Most may have padded his resume but he was heading in the right direction. You might want to forgive his indiscretion and move on.

I have a copy of The Gospel of Peace of Jesus Christ which I first discovered at your website. I think this document does represent the words and deeds of Jesus Christ and thank you for making it available at Signs. I wonder if you have ever looked into the sun? Do you think the Creator would put such an object in the sky if it really would be harmful to look at? As Jesus says in the Gospel of Peace, God is a thousand times brighter than our sun.

pdouspensky said:
I'm still not sure where "Egypt" in the bronze age would be but your take on Troy being on the coast of England was most interesting. Heinrich Schliemann's Troy was my first exposure to using myth as an historical artifice but it occurs to me that he was only half right. The methodology was excellent but the result was fudged.
If you're interested about Troy in England (not at the coast but at the Gog Magog Hills) and want to read more about it (there are a lot of maps) and his explanations about it and Homer's Odyssey then you really should read Iman Jacob Wilkens book "Where Troy once Stood". I'm not so much into history but I think his work is amazing. It opens a whole new world of unheard possibilities.

http://www.troy-in-england.co.uk/

It seems to be a problem to order it at Amazon. But I ordered it without problems from his website.

Yes, I at least believe there are things harmful to look at. Also to touch and to eat, etc. Lots of things that come from the creator are harmful to you.

pdouspensky said:
Do you think the Creator would put such an object in the sky if it really would be harmful to look at? As Jesus says in the Gospel of Peace, God is a thousand times brighter than our sun.

pdouspensky said:
Most may have padded his resume but he was heading in the right direction.
Evidently you did not read Adventures. And if you have read them, please, tell me, what was this "right direction"?
Right for WHOM? Remember, all psychopaths are going in the right direction - for THEM.

It would be good if you could THINK, before writing.

If you're interested about Troy in England (not at the coast but at the Gog Magog Hills) and want to read more about it (there are a lot of maps) and his explanations about it and Homer's Odyssey then you really should read Iman Jacob Wilkens book "Where Troy once Stood". I'm not so much into history but I think his work is amazing. It opens a whole new world of unheard possibilities.

Your link above provided this quote which I will now apply to my comment on M. Most.

Odysseus probably believed that he had merely 'assisted' the gods in spreading the plague in the Trojan camp, whereas in reality he had set a trap for the Immortals for which he would be severely punished. As we all know, he had to wander for ten years over the seas suffering terrible woes. This was imposed upon him by Poseidon, not in his function as god of the ocean, but in his quality as lord of the subconscious. The initiates among Homer's public would certainly have interpreted the Odyssey from a different perspective than the profane. The purification of the soul through harsh trials has always been a prerequisite for initiation into the Mysteries, and for Odysseus the way to become an initiate or, as Homer calls it, 'god-like', was long and painful indeed.

Fortunately, he enjoyed the protection of Athene, the goddess of wisdom, who rescued him on several occasions. This also has a symbolic meaning, because wisdom emanates from the subconscious, but not without a great deal of suffering. For the Ancients, the symbol of the eternal struggle between Poseidon and Athene, that is between the subconscious and wisdom, was the olive tree (in southern Europe) or the willow (in northern Europe). That is why Homer mentions the 'long-leafed' olive tree at the entrance of the harbour of Ithaca, present Cadiz, where Odysseus finally arrived after many years of ordeals which were necessary for his redemption.

This then, is what I believe to be the true story of the famous citadel of Troy, the 'holy city' which once stood just outside Cambridge on the Gog Magog Hills.

Thanks for the link to the Troy material. I'm not familiar with "Adventure". Is the term "psychopath" your own or is it from someone else? I would like to read more about Most but the link Laura posted for his website is "expired".

Adventures with Cassiopaea can be found through this link http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/site_map_qfg.htm
Hope it helps.

I highly doubt this is really P.D. Ouspensky. Everything I've read indicates he died about 50 years ago. :P

Back
Top Bottom