Trump orders attack on Syria, asks for other countries to join him.

Alejo

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Hi guys,

Well, here it is:

US reported to fire ‘dozens’ of Tomahawks at Syrian military base near Homs

_https://www.rt.com/news/383782-us-strikes-syria-tomahawaks/

Some 50 US Tomahawk cruise missiles have been allegedly launched at a Syrian military airfield near the western city of Homs, NBC and Reuters reported, citing US military officials.
US ships stationed in the Mediterranean Sea reportedly launched the strike on Syria’s Shayrat airbase on Thursday night local time.

US President Donald Trump spoke from his Mar-a-Lago resort following the airstrikes, accusing Syrian President Bashar Assad of using nerve gas that killed civilians in Idlib.

Calling it a “targeted military strike,” Trump said the Homs airfield was where the chemical gas attack earlier this week originated from.

Trump described the attack as defending a "vital national security interest" and called upon "civilized nations" to help end the "slaughter and bloodshed in Syria."

NBC News reported that there was no word on casualties and that no people were allegedly targeted. Russian forces were reportedly warned ahead of time.

The airfield was allegedly targeted after the US blamed the Syrian military for the chemical incident in Idlib, in which dozens of civilians died from suspected gas poisoning in the rebel-occupied territory. Up to 86 people, including 26 children, are alleged to have been killed. Several Western states have immediately pinned the blame on Assad’s forces, while Russia said Syrian jets bombed a warehouse where chemical weapons were being produced.

Has trump fully jumped on board with the foreign policy agenda? Has he been forced into this position? This is kind of a big deal. Up until now the US had kept its distance. Now they've crossed the line.

Seems Trump has really lost it and gone to the dark side.

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201704071052382903-us-fires-missiles-syria/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"Around 70 Tomahawk cruise missiles were launched on Thursday night at the military airfield in Ash Sha’irat 38 kilometers southeast of the city of Homs, NBC reported, citing US military officials.
US military ships in the Mediterranean launched the strike between 8 and 9 pm ET.

No immediate information on possible casualties was available. The strikes targeted aircraft and infrastructure, including the runway, but not people, US officials told NBC."

So, a couple of questions here.
1. How come Trump was so completely taken in by what was obviously garbage? Did he do a deal with the neocons?
2. Where are the Russian S300 missile defence units and why did they not intercept the attack?
3.What will Russia do about it.
4. Chinese leader is visiting with Trump today. How will tat go down?

These are certainly sobering times in which we live. Ironic that Trump, for all his non-intervention rhetoric, has gone much further than Obama ever did in Syria.

The article also says that the Russians have been warned. I wonder how they will respond to this? Has diplomacy become futile?

Flashgordonv said:
Seems Trump has really lost it and gone to the dark side.

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201704071052382903-us-fires-missiles-syria/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"Around 70 Tomahawk cruise missiles were launched on Thursday night at the military airfield in Ash Sha’irat 38 kilometers southeast of the city of Homs, NBC reported, citing US military officials.
US military ships in the Mediterranean launched the strike between 8 and 9 pm ET.

No immediate information on possible casualties was available. The strikes targeted aircraft and infrastructure, including the runway, but not people, US officials told NBC."

So, a couple of questions here.
1. How come Trump was so completely taken in by what was obviously garbage? Did he do a deal with the neocons?
2. Where are the Russian S300 missile defence units and why did they not intercept the attack?
3.What will Russia do about it.
4. Chinese leader is visiting with Trump today. How will tat go down?

These are certainly sobering times in which we live. Ironic that Trump, for all his non-intervention rhetoric, has gone much further than Obama ever did in Syria.

My theoretical answers to your questions...:

1- The last article of The Saker and the last article from Joe too manage to get to almost the same conclusion. Trump has caved in to the Deep State.

2- Various scenarios here:
a) The Russians where notified in advance b) To put pressure on Assad (indirectly by the Russians)
c) The target was not so important as to disclose the Capabilities of the Layered antimissiles of Russia. That explain the barrage of more than fifty Tomahawks (Brute Force approach),
they are trying to test the Russian capabilities... And maybe many more.

3- WAIT and SEE... Just that.

4- One of the main objectives of that action is precisely to put pressure on Xi (hey look we bomb Assad and the Russians stay muted...)

Trump and the Deep State are playing HARD CARDS (Gamble) here... and things can get out of control somehow. Specially if the Pentagon feels EMBOLDENED...

Just my two cents... :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Alejo said:
The article also says that the Russians have been warned. I wonder how they will respond to this? Has diplomacy become futile?

I'm watching RT now and the diplomatic act was to inform the Russians ahead of time in case any of their personnel might have been at any of the locations the US just targeted. But still, with Russia aligned with Syria and this being a direct violation against the Syrian government and military, this was a stupid move. The latest guest hopes that this is Trump simply trying to act like a big dog to show he's the Commander and Chief, but this is very serious!

USN fires Tomahawks at SAF exactly 100 years after US entry into WWI

It was on April 6th 1917 that USA joined WW1 on behalf of the British, which many explain was part of the "Balfour Declaration" quid pro quo.

Exactly 100 years to the date (it's still the 6th of April in the United States, although it's already the 7th Down Under), America fires a salvo of Tomahawk cruise missiles at a Syrian Air Force base in Homs, basically declaring (hopefully limited) war on an active Russian ally, based on an extremely flimsy, likely false flag pretext.

Could this be the start of WW3? I suspect so, but I certainly hope that this won't escalate much further, else we are all cooked, quickly or slowly, pun intended.

And is this in fact very consciously intended to be the start of WW3?

If the latter, then the symbolism is unmistakeable. It's like a celebration of the "turnaround" that lead to Israel's creation.

Except this one might lead to Israel's destruction.

Maybe that's part of the plan too?

But how will the rest of us survive?

I am a noob here, so please free to merge these ponderings with an existing thread so that I don't divert the discussion away from the main thread, which I couldn't locate yet.

I was all ready to be freaked out by this and say screw Trump forever until coming across theories saying he might have made a behind-the-scenes deal with Russia to
1) appease the neocons
2) get rid of Assad (assuming Assad exits shortly as a result of this)
3) make him look tough on Russia
4) deter China
and probably several other things. I hope it's true, otherwise we might be pretty screwed. Wait and see. :shock:

Turgon said:
Alejo said:

I'm watching RT now and the diplomatic act was to inform the Russians ahead of time in case any of their personnel might have been at any of the locations the US just targeted. But still, with Russia aligned with Syria and this being a direct violation against the Syrian government and military, this was a stupid move. The latest guest hopes that this is Trump simply trying to act like a big dog to show he's the Commander and Chief, but this is very serious!

Perhaps, Maybe, he didn't even order this attack.. and had to own up to it after the fact. Imagine if the presidente of the US came out and said we just bombed Syria but i didn't order it... or agreed with it.

Here's what Trump had to say about it:

from Reuters: _http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-text-idUSKBN1790A1?il=0

My fellow Americans: On Tuesday, Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad launched a horrible chemical weapons attack on innocent civilians. Using a deadly nerve agent, Assad choked out the lives of helpless men, women and children. It was a slow and brutal death for so many. Even beautiful babies were cruelly murdered in this very barbaric attack. No child of God should ever suffer such horror.

Tonight, I ordered a targeted military strike on the airfield in Syria from where the chemical attack was launched. It is in this vital national security interest of the United States to prevent and deter the spread and use of deadly chemical weapons. There can be no dispute that Syria used banned chemical weapons, violated its obligations under the Chemical Weapons Convention, and ignored the urging of the U.N. Security Council.

Years of previous attempts at changing Assad's behavior have all failed, and failed very dramatically. As a result, the refugee crisis continues to deepen and the region continues to destabilize, threatening the United States and its allies.

Tonight, I call on all civilized nations to join us in seeking to end the slaughter and bloodshed in Syria, and also to end terrorism of all kinds and all types. We ask for God's wisdom as we face the challenge of our very troubled world. We pray for the lives of the wounded and for the souls of those who have passed. And we hope that as long as America stands for justice, then peace and harmony will, in the end, prevail.

Goodnight. And God bless America and the entire world. Thank you.

That bolded part gave me the impression that he was nervous and was sincerely asking for help. But maybe it's just me.

Alejo said:
Turgon said:
Alejo said:

Perhaps, Maybe, he didn't even order this attack.. and had to own up to it after the fact. Imagine if the presidente of the US came out and said we just bombed Syria but i didn't order it... or agreed with it.

Like what happened with Erdogan and the downing of the Russian fighter jet. It's possible. But all those recent changes in the Trump administration and the change in tone from Tillerson and Haley, and then also getting rid of Bannon on the National Security Council. I can't help but think he caved in to pressure and allowed this to happen, maybe not directly, but possibly indirectly. But I hope Trump hasn't jumped on-board the neo-con war wagon. I don't think he has but the pressure on him must be a lot to bear.

That bolded part gave me the impression that he was nervous and was sincerely asking for help. But maybe it's just me.

I hope you are right, Alejo.

meta-agnostic said:
I was all ready to be freaked out by this and say screw Trump forever until coming across theories saying he might have made a behind-the-scenes deal with Russia to
1) appease the neocons
2) get rid of Assad (assuming Assad exits shortly as a result of this)
3) make him look tough on Russia
4) deter China
and probably several other things. I hope it's true, otherwise we might be pretty screwed. Wait and see. :shock:
This scenario doesn't make much sense. There's a simpler explanation. He's too stupid and the neocons are too smart and powerful for him. He's the worst kind of stupid because he thinks he's smart and doesn't know what he doesn't know. Basically the neocons had him over a barrrel with the investigations into "Russiagate." Not that talking to the Russians is a crime or that there is any evidence of Russia tampering with the election, but what they probably found was a lot of Trump's shady business dealings with the Russian mob/oligarchs. And, all he does is watch Fox News and react to what he sees on it, so a false flag atrocity is all they needed. That's why I never thought he was any kind of peace candidate. He's too easy to manipulate and the neocons and the deep state are way too smart.

Couple that with the neocons in both parties wanting him impeached, they probably had a little chat with him telling him to go along with their War or be impeached. Then Steve Bannon is all of a sudden of the NSC and has lost out to Jared Kushner, a neocon.

The problem is even the non neocons in his administration are islamophobic warmongers who were gunning for a war with Iran, and that includes Bannon. And Syria is seen as on Iran's side. So with this action, he has ingratiated himself with the neocons, the Saudis, and Israel. The Russians, being smart and patient will probably try to convince him to stop at this attack and they'll wait to see Trump be rewarded by being allowed to finish his term and then maybe they will have more influence over him than they would Pence. But I'm sure they're under no illusions.

But Trump is being played. I don't see him doing any playing here.

Oh my, that's so sickening :shock:

Mr. Premise said:
This scenario doesn't make much sense. There's a simpler explanation. He's too stupid and the neocons are too smart and powerful for him. He's the worst kind of stupid because he thinks he's smart and doesn't know what he doesn't know. Basically the neocons had him over a barrrel with the investigations into "Russiagate." Not that talking to the Russians is a crime or that there is any evidence of Russia tampering with the election, but what they probably found was a lot of Trump's shady business dealings with the Russian mob/oligarchs. And, all he does is watch Fox News and react to what he sees on it, so a false flag atrocity is all they needed. That's why I never thought he was any kind of peace candidate. He's too easy to manipulate and the neocons and the deep state are way too smart.

That' was my blink as well - they somehow found the right button to push on Trump. Maybe all they needed was to show him some horrible 'hard evidence' of gazed babies and such... We can't know I guess. I still hope that Trump is smarter than that, but it doesn't look good...

Turgon said:
Alejo said:
Turgon said:
Alejo said:

Like what happened with Erdogan and the downing of the Russian fighter jet. It's possible. But all those recent changes in the Trump administration and the change in tone from Tillerson and Haley, and then also getting rid of Bannon on the National Security Council. I can't help but think he caved in to pressure and allowed this to happen, maybe not directly, but possibly indirectly. But I hope Trump hasn't jumped on-board the neo-con war wagon. I don't think he has but the pressure on him must be a lot to bear.

I hope you are right, Alejo.

Yeah, it also reminded me of Deir Ezzor, a direct attack that left the US government unable to go through with that cease fire they had agreed upon.

I also realized that there's another thread with this same subject being discussed. Can we merge them?

It reminded me of this quote.

Oct 15 2016
(Windmill knight) Is the situation in Syria going to escalate to a third world war as some people think?

A: No. But there may be a terrorist dirty nuke or two!

Q: (L) And when you say, "terrorist", we assume that that should be in quotes?

A: Yes

Q: (Beau) If Trump is elected, will he actually change American foreign policy?

A: Will try.

Q: (Pierre) Doesn't mean he will succeed.

He went straight for Assad without corroboration, It makes you wonder if he saw himself "forced to" comply. I highly doubt he ordered in any case i don't think such thing is convenient for any of his policies..

luc said:
That' was my blink as well - they somehow found the right button to push on Trump. Maybe all they needed was to show him some horrible 'hard evidence' of gazed babies and such... We can't know I guess. I still hope that Trump is smarter than that, but it doesn't look good...

We can't know what Trump's motivations are, but it seems unlikely he truly believes the attack to be genuine. Everyone is dredging up Trump's tweets from 2013 saying don't attack Syria based on that fake chemical attack (though he never explicitly called it out as fake, some members of his administration have), and now he is so suddenly fooled and moved, after everything he has called out as fake in the last several months? I know we can't know all the behind-the-scenes dealings but we can make some assumptions based on past behaviors.

As far as my theory above, it was just something I came across from a recent twitter follow that gave me pause today just as things were starting to escalate. It's not a huge account so I don't know that I feel comfortable linking to it but it's public, so I guess I can say the twitter username is jlangdale. Has some ideas worth considering, and throw in some kind of (peaceful?) regime change deal with Iran in order for the US to ally with Russia as well. I'm certainly not married to it but if it's sort-of good news and makes sense, who knows?

At the risk of provoking Admin's ire, I will repeat myself in this thread too, and ask everyone if many have noticed that this FF inspired attack happened EXACTLY 100 years to the date of the American entry into WWI on the British side?

Which of course was the Zionist carrot given to the Brits in exchange for them signing the Balfour Declaration. And the American entry into the war tip the scales in favour of total submission of Germany, which effectively led to the excessive terms of the Versailles Treaty, that in turn were the principal underlying cause of German radicalisation prior to WWII.

In effect, this date is highly symbolical to both great bloodsheds of the 20th Century.

How can this be accidental?

Back
Top Bottom