Tucker Carlson interviews & ideologies

Well, the fact that Tucker is not on FOX anymore certainly supports the idea that what Carlson did wasn't what the PTB wanted. I'm not surprised. So, do I get that right, FOX is fine with "dumping" arguably the best rated and most watched TV host in history? Why would you do that? I guess ratings and popularity are not their primary goals, after all. Who would have thought!
You might have missed what ABC did to Roseanne, cancelling the network's highest rated show. Ironic that Fox gave Roseanne a stand up special earlier this year, only to follow in the footsteps of ABC and cancel their highest rated show.

I was listening to the beginning of a podcast by some local truth organization and they were suggesting this was perhaps planned on Tucker's part to move out of TV and into either podcasting or maybe politics. They mentioned Whitehouse press secretary, I think. Also mentioned was Tucker came out recently and said he regretted supporting the war in Iraq and that he knew saying it was career suicide, even 20 years later.

This was a shock to me, although I cannot say it was entirely unexpected, many of us had wondered for a very long time why was Tucker allowed to have such an audience and say what he was saying, and there was even speculation about his connections in the past making him a "gate keeper" or something.

The timing of it is interesting, as everyone keeps mentioning that this took place right after Fox settled their lawsuit for half of what Dominion was suing them for, and so perhaps part of the settlement, off the record, was to get rid of Tucker?

This will hurt fox immensely and will create a lot of backlash from their core audience, who I daresay, only tuned in mostly because of Tucker.

Their goal? perhaps that by removing Tucker from fox, his audience will stop listening to him, but that might be a shortsighted approach, if Joe Rogan has proven anything is that one does not need a network behind you to achieve great popularity, and I think that Tucker will probably go down that road and drag away his audience with him, away from Fox.

And it shows a lot of wishful thinking on their part, they think they have silenced him, but NOW they will not be rid of him, they turned him into a martyr, so it will be interesting to see what happens going forward. Who knows, maybe he will get to do that Putin interview after all.

And probably completely unrelated, but timing is also interesting, we just had that rare aurora borealis last night which was visible very far south, I think certainly as far south as Moscow and Washington DC.

So, we shall see.

His departure sure is interesting, especially the timing of it. I too, think that Fox will decline but wonder if they will go down as far as the rest of the MSM in being irrelevant as far as any truth is concerned. If the viewers turn Fox off completely then their ad revenue will plummet and probably cost them much more in the long run, or so I think.

As for Tucker himself, we shall have to wait and see what he does. I'm sure he is considering his options and it may take a while, especially if he didn't know this was coming right now.

Firing television network stars is nothing new - note the fates of Uygur, Schultz, Donahue and Banfield:

Former MSNBC Journalists: We Were Paid To Spread CIA Propaganda

[excerpts]
Ed Schultz recently gave an interview to the National Review‘s Jamie Weinstein in which he revealed he was fired from the network for refusing to toe the pro-Hillary line during the 2016 election.

“I think the Clintons were connected to [MSNBC chairman] Andy Lack, connected at the hip. I think that they didn’t want anybody in their primetime or anywhere in their lineup supporting Bernie Sanders — I think that they were in the tank for Hillary Clinton and I think it was managed — and 45 days later I was out at MSNBC.”

But Schultz is not the only former MSNBC host with such stories. Cenk Uygur, host of ‘The Young Turks’ on YouTube, has always been vocal about how he parted ways with the channel.

According to Uygur, shortly before his departure from MSNBC, Griffin called him in for a talk. The problem was not Uygur’s ratings, which were good, but it was his “tone” and the fact that “people in Washington” were not happy about it. In other words, Uygur was coming across as too anti-establishment. He was ruffling too many feathers.

“Outsiders are cool, but we’re not outsiders, we’re insiders,” Griffin told Uygur. “We are the establishment.”

Uygur ignored Griffin’s advice and his ratings shot up — surprise, surprise; people enjoy watching news anchors who actually challenge their guests and engage in real journalism. But the top dogs at MSNBC are apparently willing to forgo high ratings to please “people in Washington.”

Last week, responding to Schultz’s recent comments, Uygur confirmed the accusation that MSNBC was essentially operating as the PR arm of the Clinton campaign.

“I had another on-air talent at MSNBC tell me, off the record, that if they ever criticized Hillary Clinton, they would immediately get a call from management,” Uygur said.

This was confirmed on air by current MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski, who admitted that the Clinton campaign angrily called the network after Brzezinski levelled some mild criticism at Clinton during a previous broadcast.

“NBC got a call from the campaign like I had done something that was journalistically inappropriate or something and needed to be pulled off the air,” Brzezinski said.

Depressing as it is, none of this should be surprising from MSNBC.

In 2003, Phil Donahue, one of America’s best-known TV hosts, was fired from his primetime MSNBC show in the run-up to the Iraq war. Like Uygur, the problem was not Donahue’s ratings — his was the highest-rated show on the network at the time — but the tone of his show. Donahue’s crime? He had been giving airtime to anti-war guests — and questioning the rush to war was seen to be unpatriotic.

A leaked internal memo revealed that Donahue’s bosses felt he was a “difficult public face for NBC in a time of war” because he was providing “a home for the liberal anti-war agenda at the same time that our competitors are waving the flag at every opportunity.”

“They were terrified of the anti-war voice. And that is not an overstatement,” Donahue said in an interview in 2013. This was particularly a problem for MSNBC because it was owned by General Electric at the time — and the war was going to be a boon for GE business. The company stood to gain billions from Iraq war contracts and to have a voice like Donahue’s on air was unacceptable.

But Donahue was not the only anti-war voice MSNBC was determined to silence. Just weeks after the invasion of Iraq, up-and-coming network star Ashleigh Banfield gave a speech in which she criticized the American media’s “sanitized” coverage of the war.

Following Banfield’s speech, NBC News released a statement slamming their colleague: “Ms. Banfield does not speak for NBC News. We are deeply disappointed and troubled by her remarks, and will review her comments with her.”

After that incident, MSNBC “banished” and sidelined Banfield as punishment. They took away her office, her phone, her computer.

“For 10 months I had to report to work every day and ask where I could sit. If somebody was away I could use their desk,” she explained. They eventually gave her an office in a “tape closet.” Banfield repeatedly asked to be let free of her contract, but NBC news president Neal Shapiro would not allow it. Instead they kept her on but gave her nothing to do.

These are networks owned by giant parent corporations with plenty of skin in the political game — yet, it is rarely acknowledged that these corporations have a detrimental influence on the quality of journalism produced by their employees. The truth is rarely uttered, that network stars like Rachel Maddow are completely beholden to those corporate and political interests — and that this basic fact massively influences their reporting.

“We are the establishment.” Says it all.

From Robert Malone's substack:

Blackrock Owns 15.1% of the Fox Corporation

It doesn’t take a genius to know that yesterday, we got another really big flag to get off of main stream news if you seek any unbiased news analysis or editorial content. That the biases, the censorship is only going to get worse. And no, I am not necessarily writing of Tucker’s departure, although that too is another signpost.

What really has me concerned is that earlier this year, it was announced that BlackRock has increased its ownership position in Fox Corporation (FOXA).

This increase in stock ownership now means that Blackrock owns 15.1% of the Fox Corporation. They are the second largest owner, just after the Murdock family.

Now, the Family Trust Murdoch still owns 19% of the company, with other, smaller institutional investors owning the rest. The CEO of the Fox Corporation was Rupert Murdoch, but it is currently Lachlan Murdoch.

BUT with this increase in 2.7% of Fox Corp, it is clear that Blackrock is fast becoming a controlling entity in Fox Corporation.
Together, BlackRock and Vanguard own 18% of Fox (now almost 21%), 16% of CBS, 13% of Comcast — which owns NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, and the Sky media group, 12% of CNN, and 12% of Disney — which owns a number of subsidiaries. Media behemoths that may present themselves as rivals are, in reality, owned by the same company.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F12f4a89f-614b-4f7e-b678-ed4128e50c36_910x898.png

Last edited:
Together, BlackRock and Vanguard own 18% of Fox (now almost 21%), 16% of CBS, 13% of Comcast — which owns NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, and the Sky media group, 12% of CNN, and 12% of Disney — which owns a number of subsidiaries. Media behemoths that may present themselves as rivals are, in reality, owned by the same company.

JP's take on Tucker's ouster - and the pertinent graph beginning @10:19 -
1682452734423.png

1682453679634.png

His departure sure is interesting, especially the timing of it. I too, think that Fox will decline but wonder if they will go down as far as the rest of the MSM in being irrelevant as far as any truth is concerned. If the viewers turn Fox off completely then their ad revenue will plummet and probably cost them much more in the long run, or so I think.
Who knows, but Fox might be easier to control without a maverick like Tucker as part of the group. The one thing that ever made me consider Fox News was tucker, other than that... they can be a rather predictable bunch, as such.. they will hold on to a chunk of their audience, but their audience will not be receiving the same quality that they used to with Tucker.

I suppose, if we're to speculate, that may have been their goal, a more cohesive and predictable "opposition". Also, just today did Biden announce its intentions of running for president in 2024, Fox News will continue to try to play opposition but I doubt anything will be as solid as what Tucker would make public, so there's that as well.

Some inputs on the Carlson exit worth accessing:

Thoughts on Tucker Carlson’s Firing​

April 24, 2023 | Sundance | 1,015 Comments
This is a context you won’t find elsewhere {smiles}. The phone has been blowing up…. Context and some details matter.

First, Carlson was being paid about $20 million a year by Murdoch. He had about 3 years left on his contract and will be paid the full contract amount. Carlson found out about 10 minutes before Fox Corp made the announcement. They did not “part ways,” Tucker Carlson was fired.

(Via WSJ) – Mr. Carlson, whose contract was renewed in 2021, will be paid out for the rest of his contract, people familiar with the matter said. Mr. Carlson is paid about $20 million a year, one of the people said. Mr. Carlson found out he was being let go about 10 minutes before the network announced his departure, the people said. (link)

For financial context, remember Rupert Murdoch paid Megyn Kelly $15 million (Via Harper Collins) for the 2015/2016 operation against Donald Trump. Paying $60 to $100 million to get rid of Carlson’s antagonistic voice is small money to Murdoch Inc. in the grand scheme of things. [Murdoch has also paid for Ron DeSantis to oppose Trump]

Carlson will not be asked to sign an NDA, is not bound by a “non-compete” clause following the contract nullification by Fox Corp, and will be free to do anything he wants in any venture. Additionally, he will be free to say whatever he wants about the issues at Fox and speak freely, or not, without any legal or contractual constraints. Keep all of that in mind.

Prior to 2021, Tucker Carlson was what you might call a Fox News loyalist. He was very loyal to the organization. During the COVID-19 era, Tucker Carlson moved his physical location away from Washington DC to his home in Maine. Fox built him a studio, and Carlson manifest his own destiny free from most production constraints.

Over the past 18+/- months, viewers have watched Tucker Carlson essentially red pill himself each evening. As he enjoyed the proximity freedom far away from the Eye of Sauron (DC’s control mechanism), Carlson’s eyes opened further to the reality of the situation that blankets our national consciousness.

Disconnected from the machine, free-range in his abilities, and with the intellectual curiosity of the average person, Tucker Carlson started to see the U.S. system as it is, not as media pretend it to be. This is the increasing red pill absorption you have noted daily. Along with that came a more pragmatic and brutally honest production quality to the content he shared.

Carlson’s influence grew as the audience grew; the more truth he spoke, the larger the audience. That free-range influence became a liability to the system operators that hold power, including Rupert Murdoch who is a part of that control system. In essence, and in the big picture, that’s what led to this event today.

Timing and Fox Digital. Fox had just settled a lawsuit with Dominion Systems that has been widely reported. The decision to fire Carlson had only one aspect connected to the Dominion settlement, financial timing.

Fox Corp is going to take a big hit in second quarter (Q2) earnings as part of the Dominion settlement. If you are going to take a big financial hit, it’s better to go ahead and clear the decks of all financial hits at the same time.

Paying out Carlson simply gets all the big hits in the same quarter.

Digital is where the action is. Digital subscriber services is where the future of all content is focused. Understanding this reality gives you a scale of the darkness in the opposition elements facing our nation. Fox News digital is Fox Nation. Tucker Carlson and the show Tucker Carlson Today was the anchor of Fox Nation digital.

Fox Nation was struggling prior to Tucker Carlson’s long show broadcasts. The entire Fox Corp digital streaming service, Fox Nation, was anchored around the Tucker Carlson Today digital streaming service. Fox News has just torpedoed their anchor, shot their lead dog, destroyed the digital brand. That gives you some scale and scope to how the elements viewed the threat of influence that Tucker Carlson had become.

Fox Corp, and Murdoch’s stenographers at the Wall Street Journal (SEE HERE), will try to frame the Carlson firing as something of a palate cleansing. Claims of adversarial viewpoints, controversial views and conflicts with other Fox loyalists on the inside, will be used to frame the narrative. However, all of those false frameworks are just that, false. The source of the issue that led to the firing was 100% ideological.

During Tucker’s red pill absorption phase, he changed views on a variety of subjects from the FBI to the Fourth Branch of Government, to vaccination and COVID-19, to his views on Donald Trump as a disruption to an increasingly admitted corrupt political machine.

Context in the Tucker worldview expanded and he began to frame the conflict in a big picture of Good -vs- Evil. Unfortunately for Carlson, this view was from inside a multinational corporate system spreading the darkness. He had to be removed.

This is the reality of the situation as it unfolded. Accept it or not, it matters not. This is the Carlson reality.

Carlson was connecting the dots of manipulation beyond media, beyond social battles and constructs, and into the realm of finance, economics and ultimately behind the Potemkin Village of UniParty politics. Blackrock has an increased stake in Fox Corp.

Talking about what happens behind the false front of the DC village is always a threat. It is in the research and acceptance of the darkest pretending constructs that you realize how the illusions of choice are presented.

Tucker Carlson was no longer selling the illusions.

There are trillions at stake.

He was removed.

Tucker is free.

Welcome to the rebellion my friend!

And from the Duran:

1682476451283.png

Last but not least - Redacted with Clayton Morris:
[26:18]
Tucker Carlson is out at Fox News and once again we find antiwar voices being silenced on the eve of war. It turns out there is precedence for this. In 2003, MSNBC fired Phil Donahue for being the only antiwar voice when other networks were all-in. Carlson had a similar track record of calling out antiwar corruption, Covid corruption, authoritarianism, and more. Who will do that now in TV news?

I imagine most have viewed Tucker's Heritage speech - clip posted below:

Perhaps the most significant thing he says is @5:08 - it certainly stood out to me above the rest:

"[...] those are manifestations of some larger force acting upon us. It's just so obvious. It's completely obvious and I think two things - one, we should say that [...]"

Was this declaration the real reason Carlson became a threat too great to ignore? We know very well what that larger force acting upon us is - 4D STS! No doubt Tucker doesn't have that particular identifier in his purview, but he has the synonym - evil! And evil is a supernatural thing! Plus, he identified the one thing evil relishes the most - child sacrifice! THERE - HE SAID IT!

Yes, it makes very good sense that Fox [666 btw] sent him packing without warning. :evil:

Will Tucker be the straw that breaks the camel's back? Has his firing unleashed the forces of Truth?

EPIC: Journalist Takes Flamethrower to Mainstream Media Execs Over Fake News

Vega went on to note how the mainstream media has lied about major events dating back to the Iraq War.

“Is there anything you’ve gotten right in the last 20 years? Or am I mistaken about that? It’s kind of funny because Iraq wrong, Syria wrong, RussiaGate really wrong. The list goes on and on,” he said.

“While Julian Assange is in prison, all of you got fat checks because he’s in jail for doing your job,” he added.

Vega also pointed out how former Fox News anchor Tucker Carlson has done more to tell the truth than any mainstream media outlet.

The natives are getting bold!

Guess who couldn't be happier about being suddenly unemployed . . .

As pundits and politicians engaged in a swarm of debate over the end of the Tucker Carlson era at Fox News, the man at the center of the storm said he is sampling the joys of real life.

“Retirement is going great so far,” Carlson told the Daily Mail on Tuesday night.

A reporter from the U.K. outlet tracked him down outside a $5.5 million home he owns in Boca Grande, Florida.

“I haven’t eaten dinner with my wife on a weeknight in seven years,” Carlson said as he and his wife, Susan, drove to dinner in a golf cart, a picture of carefree merriment for all the world to see.

Before leaving questions behind, Carlson offered a bantering reply about his plans for the future: “Appetizers plus entree.”

The former Fox News host’s day was not all zipping about and laughing. Earlier Tuesday, the Daily Mail reported, he met with Justin Wells, who was Carlson’s executive producer and was fired along with him.

As for Susan Carlson, she took a walk with the family dog and said no in-depth interview was forthcoming.

“No, these are private discussions, it’s nothing like that,” she said, although the report said she was furious with Fox News for firing her husband from his $20 million-a-year job.

Although reports of various job offers have flooded the media, the Daily Mail said the former host of “Tucker Carlson Tonight” is not likely to latch on to another network until he gets his exit package from Fox News.

Reactions to Carlson’s abrupt firing continued to pour in.

Reasons for the ouster remain unclear because neither Fox News nor Carlson has provided anything official.

Back
Top Bottom