Turning Off And Clearing Multi-quote

Evan

Jedi Council Member
I’ve had this problem where multi-quote copies duplicates when I want to add something to a quote, and I end up with the same quote over and over in one post. Is there a) A way to clear multi-quote, and/or b) Turn off the “multi” part and just have a standard single quote function?

I’ve had this problem where multi-quote copies duplicates when I want to add something to a quote, and I end up with the same quote over and over in one post. Is there a) A way to clear multi-quote, and/or b) Turn off the “multi” part and just have a standard single quote function?
If you click "reply" on the quote you want to reply to it will add the quote once. I hope this helps.

If you click "reply" on the quote you want to reply to it will add the quote once. I hope this helps.

I am aware of this, but it seems to misbehave when I use “quote”, because if I go to add an additional quote from another person it adds the initial one again. For example, I have quoted you here in my reply. If there were another quote from someone else that I wanted to add to this post, it would not only add that one, but also yours a second time. If there were a third person’s post to add, yours would be posted three times, the second one twice, and then the third one I had added. I end up instead having to open a second window, and copy and paste, adding the [ quote ] hypertext manually. It becomes quite a chore when I want to do something like multiple Cass session mentions of a topic.:nuts::lol:

I am aware of this, but it seems to misbehave when I use “quote”, because if I go to add an additional quote from another person it adds the initial one again. For example, I have quoted you here in my reply. If there were another quote from someone else that I wanted to add to this post, it would not only add that one, but also yours a second time. If there were a third person’s post to add, yours would be posted three times, the second one twice, and then the third one I had added. I end up instead having to open a second window, and copy and paste, adding the [ quote ] hypertext manually. It becomes quite a chore when I want to do something like multiple Cass session mentions of a topic.:nuts::lol:

Perhaps it is in using 'quote' rather than 'reply' exclusively. Following your example if using 'reply' it works fine for me for three different posts above. However when I use 'quote' all it says is "message moved to multi-quote" - pushed again it says "message removed from multi-quote" (so I'm in the dark about how to use that function - so I never use it :whistle: ).

In saying that, and may be this is the issue, if highlighting text in a post (like in yours above) that has already been quoted by the posters (e.g. when you added from lainey as a reply "If you click "reply" on the quote you want to reply to it will add the quote once. I hope this helps.") it does what you say and adds the original quote twice, and in my example it does not add the one from lainey. I've never figured this muti quote thing out - to add both quotes in a post from someone else along with the posters quote simultaneously without just copying the first part and then quoting it.

I know how to change a spark plug though, really. :-D

Perhaps it is in using 'quote' rather than 'reply' exclusively. Following your example if using 'reply' it works fine for me for three different posts above. However when I use 'quote' all it says is "message moved to multi-quote" - pushed again it says "message removed from multi-quote" (so I'm in the dark about how to use that function - so I never use it :whistle: ).

In saying that, and may be this is the issue, if highlighting text in a post (like in yours above) that has already been quoted by the posters (e.g. when you added from lainey as a reply "If you click "reply" on the quote you want to reply to it will add the quote once. I hope this helps.") it does what you say and adds the original quote twice, and in my example it does not add the one from lainey. I've never figured this muti quote thing out - to add both quotes in a post from someone else along with the posters quote simultaneously without just copying the first part and then quoting it.

I know how to change a spark plug though, really. :-D
I definitely envy those here who have mastered the art. I just wish there were some sort of instructions pinned somewhere.

*That would be for the multi-quote, not the spark plug. How I long for the days when all one needed to stay on the road was a spare set of points and maybe a rotor stashed in the glovebox!;-)

Back
Top Bottom