UK Census question.

S

Skipling

I was just involved in the filling in of my families' census form, but stupidly I have put no religion for the faith section.

Stupid, I know, but I have yet to actually apply for the FOTCM, so I didn't know what to put.

I will be completing my application and will email it in this weekend. I have already printed out a hard copy to post, and will be sure to make an online donation for a decent amount.

Should I change my census entry to Paleochristian, as this is my aspiring belief, although I have yet to apply, or indeed be accepted?

I'm sorry guys, I just messed up the online application, because I thought I could send a handwritten application form in the post as well. D'oh!!!

I submitted it before I realised. The screen data came up with the signature points at the bottom and then it clicked. I have no printer at home, so I'll have to re-submit the online application on wednesday. I can't get to the library before then, got a ruddy audit coming up in work this Monday and Tuesday. The worst two days of the working year bar Christmas eve!!

Gutted. Sorry to mess you around guys.

For strategic enclosure purposes, I would just put Christian since it is going to the government, and who knows what kinds of stuff they are looking for.

Very good point Nienna! I was actually thinking about it in legalistic terms and was worried about stating anything on the census which could be considered a lie. If you deliberately lie on the census it can lead to repercussions but, you're right, how many different denominations of Christian faith are there?

It's also what my Dad suggested, so thanks to you both for good advice! :)

You could also leave it blank. The form states that response to the question about religion is voluntary.
al

Back
Top Bottom