Um...Urine Therapy?

theos

The Living Force
Again, something I've never heard of. I was aware of the old wive's tale of women using thier babies urine-soaked diapers to cleanse the face, helps with the complexion. I never knew anyone who did it. I'd certainly never heard of anyone purposely ingesting their own urine, except in matters of survival.

What is urine therapy? How does it work?

Urine therapy means using (your own) urine externally or internally as a way to promote or maintain your health.

The first question that probably comes to mind is whether urine is not a toxic substance and how a toxic waste product could ever be of any benefit for your health.

Well, urine is NOT a toxic waste product and this has been scientifically proven.

95% of urine is water, 2.5% consists of urea and the remaining 2.5% is a mixture of minerals, salt, hormones and enzymes. Toxic substances are being removed from the body through the liver and intestines, through the skin and through the outbreath.

The main function of the kidneys is to keep the composition of the blood in optimal balance. When there is to much water, the kidneys will remove it. But that doesn't make water into a toxic waste product.

Only the substance urea can be poisonous when present in very large amounts in the blood. However, this is irrelevant in the practice of drinking urine, as urine is not immediately put back in the bloodstream. In the small amounts urea gets back into the body, it is purifying, clears up excess mucus and has a number of specific, very useful effects. Moreover, it has a wonderful healing and tonifying effect when applied to the skin.

You can find urea in many skin products as one of the main components- specifically in many woman cosmetics.

Furthermore, urine is entirely sterile after secretion and has an antiseptic effect. We are talking here about urine from the point of view of somebody who follows a reasonably healthy diet, and who does not use chemical drugs or allopathic medicines. Urine therapy is a method based upon the principle of 'natural cycles'.

As long as we do not interfere chemically with the body's natural cycle, the body produces urine which is perfectly suitable for re-cycling. If you ingest a great deal of chemical substances - and these days all kinds of processed food contain chemicals - part of this will end up in the urine, in which case the composition of the urine changes. Normally, however, urine is a healthy substance which contains healthy, harmless and nourishing components.

Some natural cycles take place more quickly than others, but the cycle in general is the foundation of all life. If we let nature run her course, there will be no waste, and a disturbed equilibrium will always come back into balance. Just as we are capable of disturbing a natural equilibrium, we can also do our part in helping nature recover her balance. In order to support such a recovering of balance, we are equipped with a wonderful, natural 'house pharmacy': our own urine provides us with a swift and safe method for using the powers of the natural cycle.

What exactly are the effects of urine therapy?

Briefly, if urine is ingested and/or rubbed into the skin, it purifies blood and tissues, provides useful nutrients and sends the body a signal about what is in or out of balance. This last effect is called (oral) auto-immunization. This brings us to a last important feature of urine. Urine itself is, as said, not a toxic waste product. It does contain however minute particles connected with possible disease processes in the body. These minute particles are mainly antibodies, which upon re-ingesting can help the body to react on specific pathological situations.

Urine therapy has proven helpful in a great number of various diseases, ranging from a simple cold and a throat-ache, to tuberculosis and asthma, from minor skin problems such as itching, to more serious skin diseases such as eczema, psoriasis and even skin cancer.

Internal application

Drinking - Morning urine is best. Take the middle stream. You can start with a few drops, building up to one glass a day. Good as a tonic, as a preventative and in minor illnesses.

Fasting - Drink all the urine you pass, except for the evenings, otherwise you won't get any sleep. You can also take some extra water. The urine will quickly change its taste into almost neutral. Fasting on urine and water cleanses the blood. Toxins are removed through liver, skin and outbreath.

Gargle - Gargling with urine works wonders when having a throat-ache. Also good for toothache and generally when having a cold.

Enemas - Urine colenemas and enemas work very well in cleansing the colon and in providing a direct immune stimulant.

Vaginal douche - Helpful in e.g. yeast problems, white discharge, etc..

Ear- and eyedrops - Ear infections; conjunctivitis, glaucoma. For the eyes, dilute the urine with some water.

Sniffing urine/Neti - Sinusitis and other nose problems. Very good preventative for colds and to clean the subtle channels in the head.

External application

Massaging/Rubbing - You can use either fresh or old urine. Old urine (4 to 8 days) is generally more effective, but it has a strong to very strong smell. Massaging the whole body is a very important complementary treatment when fasting. It nourishes the body through the skin and helps against increased heartbeat. You can leave the urine on or wash it off after an hour or so, just with water or with a mild, natural soap. Fresh urine as an after shave gives you a beautiful soft skin. But it is also very helpful and healing in all kind of skin problems: itching, sunburns, eczema, psoriasis, acne, etc..

Gentle rubbing of urine into acupressure points (e.g. on the ears) - very useful when reactions are otherwise too strong, e.g. with very heavy allergic reaction.

Footbaths - Any skin and nail problems of the feet (athletes foot, ringworm, etc.)

Compress - When rubbing is not appropriate, this is another way of applying urine on the skin.

Hair- and scalp massage - Renders the hair soft and clean. Sometimes stimulates new hair growth.

Some guidelines and warnings:

It is generally not recommended to combine urine therapy with the use of (prescribed) chemical, allopathic medicines or recreational drugs. The combination may be dangerous to your health. If you are taking any form of allopathic medicine, begin with the external application (urine massage) until you are free of all medication, if possible.

If it is not possible or safe to stop the use of certain medicines, start with taking a few drops of urine internally or use a homeopathic tincture or gently rub fresh urine into the acupressure points of your ears. Keep looking and feeling very carefully how you and your body are reacting on the treatment. When suffering from a serious illness or, generally, when in doubt, consult a good natural doctor.
Advise and precautions

During any form of internal use of urine, the following should be observed:

Amaroli should not be started if medical or any other form of treatment is being used. Two days should intervene between the stopping of medication and the commencement of amaroli.

People with liver, kidney or heart disease, in whom protein intake and water balance is a problem (for example if there is swelling of the tissues of the legs, abdomen, hands, etc., with water), should consult an experienced therapist or doctor before starting amaroli.

Pus filled urine should not be used in amaroli. Only those people with great faith and experience would attempt to treat infections of the kidney, bladder or urethra with amaroli.

Diet for the most intense forms of the internal technique (that is three or more glasses per day), should be low in protein and salt. Refined, processed and synthetic foods should be avoided, for example, white sugar, refined flour, tinned food, and so on. Spicy food may make the urine pungent and difficult to drink. Some proponents recommend that milk consumption be stopped too.

Intake of alcohol and tobacco should be reduced to the barest minimum, or preferably avoided totally if possible.

A healing crisis is said to be a sign that the body is purifying itself very rapidly. These crises may take the form of loose stools, skin eruptions such as pimples and boils, vomiting, fever of unexplained origin, cough, general weakness and debility. The advocates say that there is no need to panic and take drugs for any of the above mentioned processes. They usually occur because the body systems are now strong enough for the elimination processes to handle the deeply ingrained toxins and poisons. These other methods (eg. healing crises) are then employed by the body to dispose of the excess, and as a result, strange and perhaps as yet un-experienced manifestation may occur. If this happens the best way to handle the situation is to reduce the intake of urine or to stop completely and rest the body. Complete rest and fasting may also help, or a fruit diet can be instigated, depending on the manifestations that occur. Please do not run to your doctor and start taking medications to suppress the healing crisis's. Let them unfold naturally and according to their own sequences. The following are the most common manifestations of the healing crises and their recommended treatment:

Loose stools: fasting and complete rest for one day is probably the best measure. Plenty of boiled or distilled water and lemon juice is suggested. The toxins of the body that have been loosened by amaroli then have a chance to be eliminated. The second day one should eat some boiled rice and curd, or some boiled rice with mung beans. By the third day all manifestations should have subsided and amaroli can again commence.

Skin eruptions such as pimples and boils can be treated in the following ways. In the early stages rub the lesion with urine and leave the urine on for one or two hours before washing if off (in cold water without soap) to stop the process. If they continue to cause trouble or if boils develop, urine packs can be applied. Fomentation with warm water, cotton wool and Dettol or salt should be applied at night before sleep. Boils should never be lanced, squeezed, pressed or touched by the hand. These manifestation usually disappear after three to seven days. A light diet of fruit only will help the process. Please remember that boils and pimples are the bodies natural way or expelling overloads of toxins. They usually excrete from the skin if the other filtering and eliminative channels (lungs, colon, liver) are not functioning optimally. Once the toxins have been excreted the boils should disappear for good.

Vomiting may occur when the urine is especially bad tasting and smelling as in fevers, jaundice and other illnesses. The urine of such dis-"eases" may seem totally unpalatable, yet if the patient has steeled his mind to drink it, then copious supplies of water will help to dilute the urine and make it easier to drink. If you can hold down the first flow, then the second should be more dilute and better tasting, and so on, until clear pleasant tasting urine finally comes.

Vomiting is good in that it cleans the stomach just as kunjal kriya does, Therefore, it should not cause any undue worry. After vomiting, the nausea is usually relieved and you feel better. If vomiting persists and dry retching occurs, you should seek professional help. After vomiting urine, you should rest and take some light fluids such as lemon water or some other fluid replacement. When fully rested, try amaroli again.

Mild fever of unexplained origin can occur as a reaction of the body, designed to burn up the toxins. It is one of the most thorough of the eliminative series and requires nothing more than complete rest and constant fluid intake. After the fever, fruit and a light diet should precede the commencement of amaroli. NOTE: regular checking of the body temperature should ensure that it does not go too high. In such a case the head should be cooled down with cold water application and the feet massaged with ghee. If the temperature still stays up after one hour, aspirin may be taken only as a last resort.

Cough and cold may appear and indicate elimination of mucus from the lungs and respiratory passages. again reduce or stop the intake of urine and start the practice of kunjal and neti kriyas once or twice a day. Neti using half water and half urine is good to relieve all discomfort and to help wash out mucus form the nasal passages and sinuses. The diet should exclude milk and milk product and all mucus producing foods such as fats and excessive starch until the cold is finished.

General debility may be felt as a result of the excess toxins, and in such a case plenty of sleep, rest and good food will help.

Fasting may be too difficult for some people, especially if they have been suffering from a chronic illness for considerable time, for example, low blood pressure, heart disease, and so on. These people should proceed very slowly and gradually. They may prefer to start with one meal a day fasts or fruit fasts before trying the more complete water and urine only fasts. This rule should be applied to all people, for the slow approach usually ends up with better and faster results than one in which we jump into the most advanced practices and, finding that we can not swim, have to stop in order to resolve the problems we have inflicted upon ourselves.

In some diseases the urine becomes dense, pungent and seemingly unpalatable. It is advised that you attempt to utilize this urine even though it may be difficult to do so. Dense and scanty urine may contain mineral salts and other body components of value. Wash it down with plenty of water.

Pregnant woman can use amaroli with the following restrictions. The first flow of the day (on arising form sleep) should be completely discarded. Then water, tea, milk, or any beverage can be consumed and the second or third flow can be used. However, the urine should have a light color and should not be too pungent or concentrated.

Each person is different, so the results of your friend's experimentation may not apply to you. Age, constitution, physique, diet and disease all lead one on a different path to the same goal, that of good health.

Has anyone ever tried this therapy? The thought of it makes me feel a bit of mirth. :D I find it intriguing and clever (on a cosmic scale) that one can produce one's own specifically tailored medicine. There are a few excerpts I've read where you can prepare your own homeopathic urine solution by diluting and succussing or using a few drops of your own urine tincture under the tongue.

There are a few books about it on Amazon.com
Urine Therapy: Nature's Elixir for Good Health
Golden Fountain: The Complete Guide to Urine Therapy (I haven't read this yet, but ordered it)
Miracles of Urine Therapy

Here's another site with more info: http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/urine.htm

Cheers!

The only time I was exposed to the idea was back when I was reading Ken Adachi's site.
_http://educate-yourself.org/fc/#urine

Urine Therapy

In 1945, John W. Armstrong published a book called The Water of Life, A Treatise on Urine Therapy. The book explored the difficult-to-accept idea that drinking one's own urine will promote healing and restore health to those afflicted with grave illnesses. Martha Christy also published a book on this topic titled Your Own Perfect Medicine in the late 1980's. I highly recommend reading both of them. Christy's approach is more technical and includes injections of prepared urine tissue and taking urine drops under the tongue.

Armstong's approach is simpler: To resolve life-threatening disease conditions, drink every drop of your own urine and neither eat nor drink anything else until you are completely well!! In his book, Armstong provides the history of many, many patients with a variety of serious conditions (cancers, massive infections, heart conditions, etc.) who were frequently near The End. In some cases, the patient was so gravely disabled, that he couldn't produce any urine of his own. In those cases, Armstong would 'jump start' the patient with his own urine. Afterwards, the patient was able to produce a small amount of his own. With each subsequent ingestion of urine, the patient would gain in both strength and relief from pain. For the most serious cases, patients drank nothing but their own urine for periods of 90, 120, 150 days! Some, even longer. Armstrong points out that rubbing the body with old urine (for a substantial period of time, E.g.1-2 hours) is a necessary adjunct treatment to ingestion in very serious cases. In less severe cases, rubbing with old urine will clear up most skin conditions and produce a smooth, blemish-free skin if applied regularly (ladies, take note). Why this works is explained at length in the books, but briefly the

1. replenishment of vital tissues lost to the ill patient through the urine and the

2. reingestion, refinement, and re-filtering of antibodies and other immune enhancing substances allows the body to exclusively concentrate on destroying, unclogging, and removing the offending organisms and diseased tissue, without the burdens of routine work such as digestion and normal detoxification

Of course, we normally think of both urine and stool elimination as waste, but urine, unlike feces, is totally sterile. Mind you, it's the filtrate of your own blood. Many people in normal health drink urine daily in order to keep their health and maintain physical beauty. Get the books and read them. In the event of survival difficulties, this simple technique can save your life.

Haven't tried it and currently have no plans to. I Don't think I'd have a problem with it if I thought my circumstances or situation warranted it though. :)

Buddy said:
Haven't tried it and currently have no plans to. I Don't think I'd have a problem with it if I thought my circumstances or situation warranted it though. :)

Yes, it could be quite handy in a pinch. I must confess, I tried a bit on my skin this morning. But one time does not an experiment make... Back to the laboratory, I guess. ;D

Has anyone ever tried this therapy?

:-[

[deep breath] -- yes, I did try it in the past :D

What can I say. As far as usage itself goes, it's not as bad as it sounds. There are some foods that grossed me out much more than this.

It helps you get in tune with your body, too, because there is differences in urine depending on how you feel, what you ate, how much you drank etc. There was a couple of times, too, when I couldn't touch it at all because it was "dense, pungent and seemingly unpalatable", as the quote says, and that was after major cleansing that I did, so there must be something to this.

Concerning the therapeutic effects, I can't say much. The issues I was dealing with were minor to begin with, and I did a bunch of things together at the same time and don't know which one of them actually helped.

What I remember worked well is external applications. My grandmother taught me to use compresses made of dog hair knit pad and soaked in urine. That worked great for sore limbs, joints and back pain especially. Another thing it worked for is mucus. I was on a trip once with a bad head cold and no access to meds, and that's what kept me breathing.

The downsides are as follows: 1) while it may not be super-gross to use, it still stinks, and that takes toll on your house and your stuff, and 2) some of the literature on the subject that I've read strikes me as written by people with obsessive interest to their excrements, which makes me question it's objectivity.

Altogether, I would use it again, but probably as a last resort. I feel that we have many other options to consider first.

fwiw,

Has anyone ever tried this therapy?

May i say that i have some difficulties to understand how our own urine will promote healing and restore health to those afflicted with grave illnesses.

Maybe i am missing something, and if so, please tell it to me, but the urine is one way that our body chooses or has to eliminate the toxins.

When our body works properly, it keeps the good nutrient and eliminates what it does not need or can not assimilate.

So again maybe i am close-minded but i just do not see how drinking urine can promote healing? :huh:

I heard of it before, and also in homeopathy. From my part, no thanks! ;) Maybe as an homeopathic remedy, maybe.

Bohort (Namaste) said:
May i say that i have some difficulties to understand how our own urine will promote healing and restore health to those afflicted with grave illnesses.

[..]

When our body works properly, it keeps the good nutrient and eliminates what it does not need or can not assimilate.

the explanation I have read suggests that the minute amount of toxins and other waste products in urine act as a sort of feedback to your body and show what to continue unloading and what to keep.

additionally, urea per se has anticeptic and hydrating properties. It is used in every skincare product for this reason.

Hildegarda said:
Bohort (Namaste) said:

[..]

the explanation I have read suggests that the minute amount of toxins and other waste products in urine act as a sort of feedback to your body and show what to continue unloading and what to keep.

additionally, urea per se has anticeptic and hydrating properties. It is used in every skincare product for this reason.

That would make sense from a homeopathic point of view. Small amounts of toxins taken to stimulate the body to react to expell those same toxins in greater quantity or to stimulate an auto-immune response to act against them.

Like others, I would do it as a last resort because there are certainly many other techniques available that are more palatable. Eyedrops!?

In France (and maybe also elsewhere in the world), Tal Schaller and Johanne Razana-mahay are 'known' for this.

I once saw a report about their group (they are considered a sect in France) and it was quite something to see them drink their cups full of urine, giving people massage with urine, etc. :shock: :lol:

_http://www.santeglobale.info/tal/Amaroli.html (in French)

But even if small doses could stimulate your body to expell the toxins in question, how does one know they don't actually have dangerous levels of toxins or other harmful chemicals in their urine which would be hazardous to put back in? Isn't it a bit dangerous?

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
But even if small doses could stimulate your body to expell the toxins in question, how does one know they don't actually have dangerous levels of toxins or other harmful chemicals in their urine which would be hazardous to put back in? Isn't it a bit dangerous?

From what I've read you're not supposed to use this therapy while on any prescribed or recreational drugs or if you have a kidney or bladder infection. Decreasing salt and meat intake is supposed to make the urine more palatable. Eating a "healthy" diet is recommended during this therapy, though I haven't read yet what the proponents consider healthy. As for the hazards or dangers see...

Perceval said:
That would make sense from a homeopathic point of view. Small amounts of toxins taken to stimulate the body to react to expell those same toxins in greater quantity or to stimulate an auto-immune response to act against them.

Urine is supposedly sterile but if you are not doing a sterile catheter extraction each time then you basically are rubbing crotch bacteria all over your face. :scared: As the urine passes outside of your body, the sample is contaminated. Gross.

April said:
Urine is supposedly sterile but if you are not doing a sterile catheter extraction each time then you basically are rubbing crotch bacteria all over your face. :scared: As the urine passes outside of your body, the sample is contaminated. Gross.

The urine is supposed to collected by the "clean catch" method. Wash yourself thouroughy first then let the urine flow and catch it midstream. Not so gross that way.

Back
Top Bottom