Uplifted Spirits after a Hard Couple of Weeks

Brenda86

Jedi Master
I haven't been on much lately. I didn't have internet at all for more than a week. I've had a lot of stress lately, though I've been able to handle it okay for the most part with breathing.

This week was particularly stressful, though. I got a bill from an apartment complex I used to live at saying I still owe them money. I've been trying to work this out since November. I have been actively calling and trying to speak with someone to work this out. I've left messages and called probably 50 times. I've only been able to speak with someone LIVE maybe twice. On top of this they STILL sent it to a collection agency, the representative of which was extremely rude today on the phone and demanded I stop trying to call the apartment complex and deal with HIM. I will be going to the apartment complex tomorrow to try to resolve this in person as I do not owe them any money.

I've had so many bills stacking up. This one which I don't feel I owe and my ex-husband left me with a lot of debt, which I've been whittling down slowly. My half is actually paid now and the other half he was to pay in the divorce. It still has stressed me because it's still ALL in my name and he's not the best at keeping his word.

But today I decided to start calling around to get itemized statements to send to him so he knows exactly what he owes.

Well, I called the doctor's office of the doctor who delivered my baby, which, as many of you know, was born prematurely and did not survive.

After such a hard day, what happened next moved me to tears. The woman who answered told me she hated to bring it up, but because we had lost the baby she could not find it in her heart to make us pay the over $4000 bill. She got everything together showing what happened and took it to the doctor before the end of the year and he agreed to wipe it away. So I don't owe them anything anymore!

It's just been so long since someone who didn't even know me acted so kindly. I plan on at least sending her a written thank you.

I REALLY NEEDED THAT. :cry: :D

I'm sorry to hear that the debt collectors are after you. They can be a ravage bunch. I went for an interview not long ago at a debt collection agency and the interviewer kept going on about how wonderful a job it is, how its recession proof, because people are ALWAYS gonna owe money, especially in hard economic times, so there's always work. And in the background I could hear the collectors calling people. Just in the manner in which some of them spoke was so rude and obnoxious.

brenda86 said:
After such a hard day, what happened next moved me to tears. The woman who answered told me she hated to bring it up, but because we had lost the baby she could not find it in her heart to make us pay the over $4000 bill. She got everything together showing what happened and took it to the doctor before the end of the year and he agreed to wipe it away. So I don't owe them anything anymore!

It's just been so long since someone who didn't even know me acted so kindly. I plan on at least sending her a written thank you.

This is great to hear! There are still some decent people out there, and hopefully with the work we are doing, collectively, more people like this will be stepping up and act based on conscience.

Good luck Brenda, and excellent idea getting written records and statements. It can only benefit you to have a paper trail, if your ex is the one that owes the money and may try and 'stiff' you for it.

Back
Top Bottom