Various interesting things regarding Canada

Behind the scenes, the McKinsey firm was at the heart of the management of the pandemic in Quebec.

The Legault government did not tell us everything about the role played by the consultants, who were paid $35,000 a day.

Canada and HSBC: for the first time in their history
For the first time in its 87-year history, the Central Bank of Canada announced that it had lost half a billion Canadian dollars.

This is reminiscent of HSBC, which in 2008 announced that for the first time in its almost 150-year history, it had lost several billion dollars in the subprime crisis. But at the same time, the same bank lent almost as much to Ukraine, read here Canada.ca, thanks to our Canadian readers. Nevertheless, this announced loss does not bode well for the months to come (next article).

Still in Canada, and still about HSBC, the latter has sold its entire Canadian subsidiary to the Royal Bank of Canada for 135 billion dollars. I recall that HSBC France sold its entire French subsidiary to the American Cerberus.

The British management of HSBC considers that it can no longer make money "as before" and, consequently, is getting rid of all its subsidiaries that do not make money.

"HSBC Canada had, as of 30 September, 4,200 employees in 130 branches in Canada, with assets of approximately $134 billion. "HSBC Canada adds a complementary client base and business in the market we know best, where we can deliver high returns and value to our clients through our financial strength and award-winning service," said RBC president and CEO Dave McKay. The transaction will also allow RBC to better penetrate the international market," read the Journal de Montréal here, thanks to our reader Mr. Cottinet.

For high returns, it is not won! We can only regret that RBC did not buy the French subsidiary, which would have been much more reassuring for customers, unlike the Yankee vulture Cerberus. Press review by Pierre Jovanovic.

Canada et HSBC: pour la première fois de leur histoire

Pour la première fois de son histoire longue de 87 ans, la Banque Centrale du Canada a annoncé avoir enregistré (une perte) d'un demi-milliard de dollars canadiens.

Cela rappelle la HSBC qui, en 2008, avait annoncé que pour la première fois de son histoire, longue de presque 150 ans, avait perdu plusieurs milliards de dollars dans la crise des subprimes. Mais en même temps, la même banque a prêté presque autant à l'Ukraine, lire ici Canada.ca, merci à nos lecteurs canadiens. Néanmoins, cette perte annoncée n'annonce rien de bon pour les mois à venir (article suivant).

Toujours au Canada, et toujours à propos de HSBC, cette dernière à vendu la totalité de sa filiale canadienne à la Royal Bank of Canada pour 135 milliards de dollars. Je rappelle que HSBC France a vendu toute sa filiale française à l'Américain Cerberus.

La direction anglaise de la HSBC estime qu'elle ne peut plus gagner de l'argent "comme avant" et, en conséquence, se débarrasse de toutes ses filiales qui ne gagnent pas d'argent.

"HSBC Canada cumulait, en date du 30 septembre, 4.200 employés au Canada réparti dans 130 succursales, avec quelque 134 milliards d'actifs. «La HSBC Canada permet d'ajouter une clientèle et des activités complémentaires sur le marché que nous connaissons le mieux et où nous pouvons offrir des rendements élevés et apporter de la valeur à nos clients grâce à notre solidité financière et à notre service primé», a expliqué le président et chef de la direction de RBC, Dave McKay. La transaction permettra aussi à RBC de mieux s'implanter sur le marché international", lire ici le Journal de Montréal, merci à notre lecteur Mr Cottinet.

Pour les rendements élevés, c'est pas gagné! On ne peut que regretter que la RBC n'ait pas acheté la filiale française, ce qui aurait été nettement plus rassurant pour les clients, contrairement au vautour yankee Cerberus. Revue de Presse par Pierre Jovanovic.

In Canada, a stroke occurs every five minutes

A stroke occurs every five minutes in Canada, and the number is rising, according to a new study released Tuesday.

There were 108,707 cases in the country, according to the Heart and Stroke Foundation's annual count.

The Heart + Stroke-funded study, which examined hospital and emergency room visits, highlights the need for strong systems of care and the need for better prevention.

This is in the news here today. Someone, let out on day release, ends up stabbing 3 people in Chinatown. And this is not this guys first rodeo. There is the obligatory fake responses from the government. A government that basically allowed this to happen.

Trudeau gives federal employees a $75K benefit for sex changes​

Starting July 1, each transgender employee receives a health benefit of up to $75,000 for “gender affirmation” procedures, such as sex reassignment surgeries.

Trudeau gives federal employees a $75K benefit for sex changes​

That goes along with this one I posed in the transgender thread. The judge who ruled that one must be Trudeau's friend...
I'll link it here:
Transgender "out of the blue" - a new kind of Gender Dysphoria
Ontario resident who wants both a vagina and penis wins public funding for unique surgery

There is a lawyer that got disbarred from the Barreau du Quebec on the 10th March 2022 for speaking against the Covid narrative. She battled with them to save her title for more than a year, but she lost. Since then, her mission has been to expose the corruption of the Law system which is quite ugly... She made a 1h45 video exposé on how "the law works"... It's in French, but I guess one can try autogenerating Eng subtitles.

This is her profile: Gloriane Blais
Facebook : Gloriane Blais
Twitter : https://twitter.com/blais_gloriane?...DIOVMsypHYJGjAz2oWdY2Kc-M6TMBcMjE0E76SZIJQoHN

I forgot to paste a short transcript from the last video of Gloriane. Here it is, from 9:15 min :
"(...) I chose the lawyer's profession from a deep calling. Justice goes with truth research. What I have noticed, even toward judges, when we are filled with love, it's easier to have access to truth, inside and outside, and it's easier to be in justice for ourselves, but also to judge and decide what is justice (...) "

Things are getting interesting! Speaking of Lawyers, here is one who resigned recently and sent an Open Letter:

Lettre ouverte au Barreau du Québec - Réinfo Québec
Louis Olivier Fontaine - Lettre ouverte au Barreau du Québec
Avr 22, 2024
(English Below - from Google Translate)

Le 23 janvier 2013, lorsque j’ai fait mon entrée dans la profession d’avocat, j’ai affirmé solennellement que je porterais allégeance à l’autorité constituée et que je remplirais mes devoirs avec honnêteté et justice. Par ce serment, je me suis engagé à respecter le Code de déontologie des avocats et à ne pas compromettre l’honneur et la dignité de la profession. Avec les événements qui se sont produits depuis 2020[1], je me suis trouvé dans une position moralement intenable, qui m’a porté à prendre une décision que je vais tenter d’expliquer brièvement dans cette lettre.

Pendant cette période, j’ai vu un récit trompeur être présenté à une population en état de choc comme étant une vérité qu’on ne peut remettre en question. Aujourd’hui, ce récit impliquant l’existence d’une menace grave à la santé de la population est devenu « connaissance judiciaire », c’est-à-dire qu’il ne pourra plus être contesté devant les tribunaux[2]. Ainsi donc, sans qu’aucun débat n’ait eu lieu, contre toute logique et simplement parce qu’il a été répété ad nauseam, un récit frauduleux est devenu une vérité absolue. Je dis « frauduleux » en pesant mes mots, parce que c’est exactement ce dont il s’agit, la menace alléguée n’ayant été qu’un prétexte pour opérer des changements profonds et probablement irréversibles dans la société, accompagnés d’un transfert massif de richesses vers les classes dominantes. Et je ne peux passer sous silence le fait que la menace imaginaire a aussi servi de justification au déploiement d’injections dites « sûres et efficaces », qui sont en toute probabilité liées à la surmortalité qui est observée actuellement au Canada et ailleurs[3].

Mon analyse, qui dure depuis maintenant quatre ans, m’amène à conclure que cet enchaînement terrible n’a pu se produire que par un contrôle de l’information d’une ampleur inédite et avec la complicité d’acteurs clés au sein d’institutions et de professions autrefois respectées. Ainsi, j’ai vu des médecins, des scientifiques et des professionnels intègres tenter par tous les moyens de rétablir les faits. Ce faisant, ils refusaient leur part du gâteau COVID et risquaient au contraire de perdre gros. J’ai eu l’honneur et le privilège de côtoyer ces personnes remarquables. À mon grand désarroi, je les ai ensuite vues être censurées et attaquées avec une violence inouïe, le tout dans une ignorance ou une indifférence généralisée, le silence de ma propre profession ayant été le plus troublant. D’un autre côté, j’ai vu ceux qui ont suivi le courant sans se poser de questions ou qui ont fait preuve d’opportunisme être récompensés pour avoir participé au mensonge et au détournement de la science. Quel spectacle navrant ce fut!

Acteurs principaux dans la préservation du récit officiel, les ordres professionnels et leurs syndics ont réussi à imposer la terreur dans leurs rangs en s’en prenant systématiquement aux voix dissidentes. Ils ont ainsi eu l’occasion de révéler leur vraie nature, soit qu’ils ont pour mission de contrôler les professionnels et de protéger des intérêts particuliers, et non de protéger le public. Les universités qui baignent dans le financement de l’industrie ont joué un rôle semblable en s’assurant qu’aucun de leurs membres ne vienne gâcher l’opération profitable en cours.

J’ai défendu ou conseillé certains des scientifiques et des professionnels ainsi attaqués, sans succès[4]. Avec quelques collègues, j’ai moi-même tiré la sonnette d’alarme[5]. Avant cela, j’ai aussi participé, au printemps 2021, à la préparation d’un pourvoi en contrôle judiciaire dans l’espoir que les tribunaux pourraient freiner la dérive totalitaire en cours. Ce pourvoi ne sera vraisemblablement jamais entendu, la Cour supérieure l’ayant rejeté sommairement et la Cour d’appel ayant rejeté la demande de permission d’appel[6]. De nombreux recours ou plaintes ont connu une issue semblable. En prenant du recul, je comprends maintenant qu’un débat honnête ne sera jamais permis, car l’issue d’un tel débat serait dévastatrice pour le récit officiel, ce qui doit être évité à tout prix par ceux – nombreux – qui ont profité et qui continuent à profiter de ce récit.

Avec regret, j’ai donc été le témoin d’une profession qui s’est déshonorée d’elle-même, soit par son silence ou par sa complicité, confirmant ce dont on pouvait se douter et qui a déjà été dit par d’autres, c’est-à-dire qu’elle est essentiellement au service du pouvoir[7]. Et ce pouvoir a démontré qu’il ne nous veut pas que du bien, pour user d’un euphémisme.

Or, le Code de déontologie des avocats m’impose de ne servir qu’un maître : la justice. La protection des droits fondamentaux et le respect de la personne doivent inspirer ma pratique. J’ai l’obligation d’agir avec intégrité et de sauvegarder mon indépendance professionnelle. Ce code m’impose par ailleurs de soutenir l’autorité des tribunaux, ces tribunaux qui refusent le débat, qui punissent toute forme de dissidence, qui cautionnent des atteintes sans précédent aux droits et libertés fondamentaux des citoyens en les justifiant par les limites qui s’imposent dans une société soi-disant libre et démocratique[8].

En fait, notre société n’est ni libre ni démocratique, malgré les grands efforts faits pour nous faire croire à cette illusion. L’exercice par un citoyen de ses droits et libertés est permis, la liberté d’opinion par exemple, mais dans l’unique mesure où cet exercice ne porte pas sérieusement atteinte au pouvoir en place. La division de ce pouvoir en pouvoirs exécutif, législatif et judiciaire, auxquels j’ajouterais le pouvoir médiatique, est aussi une illusion. Les remparts ont disparu. Tous sont esclaves de la finance et participent à un plan qui n’est pas le nôtre, en tout cas qui n’est pas le mien.

Dans ce contexte, et comme il ne m’était plus possible de réconcilier des obligations professionnelles qui s’opposent, j’ai choisi de tirer ma révérence en démissionnant du Barreau. J’ai retiré mon allégeance à l’autorité constituée. Je ne soutiens plus les tribunaux. Je refuse de participer un instant de plus à cette sombre pièce de théâtre. C’est l’unique décision qui soit en accord avec ma conscience et c’est tout ce qui m’importe vraiment.

Louis Olivier Fontaine

1 Je ne rentrerai pas dans les détails de la crise de 2020 ici, mais les personnes intéressées pourront consulter notamment les travaux de la Commission d’enquête nationale citoyenne, à laquelle j’ai participé en tant que procureur lors des audiences tenues Québec en mai 2023. Cette commission a entendu 305 témoins, dont 94 experts, pendant les 24 journées d’audience qui ont eu lieu dans 8 villes canadiennes. Le rapport des commissaires et tous les témoignages sont à la disposition du public. Voir : The National Citizen's Inquiry (NCI) ou https://www.nationalcitizensinquiry.com.

2 Voir par exemple Monier c. Procureur général du Québec, 2023 QCCS 2111 (CanLII), https://canlii.ca/t/jxqcq.

3 Voir notamment les travaux de Denis G. Rancourt, PhD, Marine Baudin, PhD, Joseph Hickey, PhD et Jérémie Mercier, PhD : COVID-19 vaccine-associated mortality in the Southern Hemisphere

4 Voir par exemple mes commentaires au sujet de l’affaire Linard, lors d’une conférence prononcée à Saint-Joseph-de-Beauce le 2 juillet 2023:

5 Voir notamment la conférence que j’ai donnée avec quatre collègues à Longueuil le 30 novembre 2021 : Conférence de presse du 30 novembre : les avocats de Réinfo Covid Québec prennent la parole.

6 Voir Monier c. Procureur général du Québec, 2023 QCCS 2111 (CanLII), https://canlii.ca/t/jxqcq et Monier c. Procureur général du Québec, 2024 QCCA 80 (CanLII), https://canlii.ca/t/k2dhm.

7 Voir mes commentaires au sujet d’un texte de Duncan Kennedy lors d’une entrevue avec la journaliste Julie Lévesque publiée le 19 février 2023 : VIDÉO: Légitime défense #3: Formation juridique, hiérarchie et soumission – Entrevue avec Me Louis-Olivier Fontaine

8 Au sujet du couvre-feu et de la liberté de mouvement, voir par exemple Directeur des poursuites criminelles et pénales c. Pépin, 2024 QCCQ 299 (CanLII), https://canlii.ca/t/k2p4n.

----------------

On January 23, 2013, when I entered the legal profession, I solemnly affirmed that I would bear allegiance to the constituted authority and that I would fulfill my duties with honesty and justice. By this oath, I have undertaken to respect the Code of Ethics of Lawyers and not to compromise the honor and dignity of the profession. With the events that have occurred since 2020[1], I found myself in a morally untenable position, which led me to make a decision that I will attempt to briefly explain in this letter.

During this time, I saw a misleading narrative presented to a shocked population as a truth that could not be questioned. Today, this story implying the existence of a serious threat to the health of the population has become “judicial knowledge”, that is to say that it can no longer be challenged in court[2]. So, without any debate having taken place, against all logic and simply because it has been repeated ad nauseam, a fraudulent story has become an absolute truth. I say “fraudulent” carefully, because that is exactly what it is, the alleged threat having been nothing more than a pretext to bring about profound and probably irreversible changes in society, accompanied by a massive transfer of wealth to the ruling classes. And I cannot ignore the fact that the imaginary threat also served as justification for the deployment of so-called “safe and effective” injections, which are in all probability linked to the excess mortality currently observed in Canada and elsewhere[3]. .

My analysis, which has lasted for four years now, leads me to conclude that this terrible chain of events could only have occurred through information control on an unprecedented scale and with the complicity of key players within once respected institutions and professions. Thus, I have seen doctors, scientists and honest professionals try by all means to reestablish the facts. In doing so, they were refusing their share of the COVID pie and instead risked losing big. I had the honor and privilege of meeting these remarkable people. To my great dismay, I then saw them being censored and attacked with incredible violence, all in a generalized ignorance or indifference, the silence of my own profession having been the most disturbing. On the other hand, I have seen those who went with the flow without questioning or who demonstrated opportunism be rewarded for participating in the lie and misappropriation of science. What a heartbreaking spectacle it was!

Main actors in the preservation of the official narrative, the professional orders and their trustees have succeeded in imposing terror in their ranks by systematically attacking dissenting voices. They thus had the opportunity to reveal their true nature, that is, their mission is to control professionals and protect particular interests, and not to protect the public. Universities involved in industry funding have played a similar role in ensuring that none of their members spoil the profitable operation underway.

I defended or advised some of the scientists and professionals thus attacked, without success[4]. Along with a few colleagues, I myself sounded the alarm[5]. Before that, I also participated, in the spring of 2021, in the preparation of an appeal for judicial review in the hope that the courts could curb the current totalitarian drift. This appeal will likely never be heard, the Superior Court having summarily dismissed it and the Court of Appeal having rejected the request for leave to appeal[6]. Many appeals or complaints have had a similar outcome. Stepping back, I now understand that an honest debate will never be allowed, because the outcome of such a debate would be devastating to the official narrative, which must be avoided at all costs by those – many – who have profited and who continue to benefit from this story.

With regret, I have therefore witnessed a profession which has dishonored itself, either by its silence or by its complicity, confirming what one could suspect and which has already been said by others. others, that is to say that it is essentially at the service of power[7]. And this power has demonstrated that it does not only want good things for us, to use a euphemism.

However, the Code of Ethics for lawyers requires me to serve only one master: justice. The protection of fundamental rights and respect for the person must inspire my practice. I have an obligation to act with integrity and to safeguard my professional independence. This code also requires me to support the authority of the courts, these courts which refuse debate, which punish any form of dissent, which condone unprecedented attacks on rights and fundamental freedoms of citizens by justifying them by the limits which are imposed in a so-called free and democratic society[8].

In fact, our society is neither free nor democratic, despite the great efforts made to make us believe in this illusion. The exercise by a citizen of his rights and freedoms is permitted, freedom of opinion for example, but only to the extent that this exercise does not seriously undermine the power in place. The division of this power into executive, legislative and judicial powers, to which I would add media power, is also an illusion. The ramparts have disappeared. All are slaves to finance and participate in a plan that is not ours, in any case not mine.

In this context, and as it was no longer possible for me to reconcile conflicting professional obligations, I chose to bow out by resigning from the Bar. I withdrew my allegiance from the constituted authority. I no longer support the courts. I refuse to participate another moment in this dark play. It’s the only decision that is in accordance with my conscience and that’s all that really matters to me.

Louis Olivier Fontaine

1 I will not go into the details of the 2020 crisis here, but those interested will be able to consult in particular the work of the National Citizens' Inquiry Commission, in which I participated as a prosecutor during the hearings held in Quebec in May 2023. This commission heard 305 witnesses, including 94 experts, during the 24 days of hearings which took place in 8 Canadian cities. The commissioners' report and all testimony are available to the public. See: The National Citizen's Inquiry (NCI) or National Citizens Inquiry, Commission d’enquête nationale citoyenne | COVID.

2 See for example Monier v. Attorney General of Quebec, 2023 QCCS 2111 (CanLII), https://canlii.ca/t/jxqcq.

3 See in particular the work of Denis G. Rancourt, PhD, Marine Baudin, PhD, Joseph Hickey, PhD and Jérémie Mercier, PhD: COVID-19 vaccine-associated mortality in the Southern Hemisphere the-southern-hemisphere/

4 See for example my comments about the Linard affair, during a conference given in Saint-Joseph-de-Beauce on July 2, 2023:

5 See in particular the conference that I gave with four colleagues in Longueuil on November 30, 2021: Conférence de presse du 30 novembre : les avocats de Réinfo Covid Québec prennent la parole.

6 See Monier v. Attorney General of Quebec, 2023 QCCS 2111 (CanLII), https://canlii.ca/t/jxqcq and Monier c. Attorney General of Quebec, 2024 QCCA 80 (CanLII), https://canlii.ca/t/k2dhm.

7 See my comments about a text by Duncan Kennedy during an interview with journalist Julie Lévesque published on February 19, 2023: VIDÉO: Légitime défense #3: Formation juridique, hiérarchie et soumission – Entrevue avec Me Louis-Olivier Fontaine -legal-training-hierarchy-and-submission-interview-with-me-louis-olivier-fontaine/

8 On the subject of curfew and freedom of movement, see for example Director of Criminal and Penal Prosecutions c. Pépin, 2024 QCCQ 299 (CanLII), https://canlii.ca/t/k2p4n.

Back
Top Bottom