[Video] not sure that this is anything at all ...

Ekios

Jedi Master
Just felt on that video here _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byq9NFztmFA I'm not sure that it is even a good idea to post it, but i'm curious about some "serious" opinions from here about what can this be (and if someone speaks the language in the comments/description)

I can be easily be done by computer, but, what do you think guys ?

EDIT to be more specific :
it's a youtube video, made from a plane, the propeller aircraft kind, you can hear it, sounds like a two place private little plane, and its filming a giant glowing hall in the ground, like a digg that goes far deep, and with light. I don't know i'm just seeking others opinion here, I trully can't make my mind here. It may be just a mine, nothing more.

Hi Ekios, is there anyway you could give forum members a brief description of what it is you wish people to link so they can decide?

Ah euh ok sorry, it's a youtube video, made from a plane, the propeller aircraft kind, you can hear it, sounds like a two place private little plane, and its filming a giant glowing hall in the ground, like a digg that goes far deep, and with light. I don't know i'm just seeking others opinion here, I trully can't make my mind here. It may be just a mine, nothing more.

Thanks,

Here is one translation:

New developer filtered by wikileaks video shot from a plane where you can see a large hole in the ground never before filmed, you can see a bright light from within.

Edit: translation link - _http://translate.google.com

Yes, that one I could get it too ;) What do you "think" ? What bothers me is that "this time" I feel like i'm unable to have an opinion. Since I always have one after 3sc in front of a picture or video, like a clear hunch, it is really weird for me to be "empty" like a computer which would say :
Code:
sorry no data available for that thing.

I don't think is a mine. Mines are different and they don't glow (I don't think so). This is a very strange hole.

loreta said:
I don't think is a mine. Mines are different and they don't glow (I don't think so). This is a very strange hole.
Indeed, and what bothers me is that "ok" you can do that by computer, but it would be seriously well done. I don't know, I need options here :)

A hole? A mine? Glow from inside? If you travel a lot by plane, you will notice that water or humid areas will brightly reflect the sun like a mirror when the angle between the plane and the sun is right. And in this video, the sun seems to be directly opposite to the camera.

Data said:
A hole? A mine? Glow from inside? If you travel a lot by plane, you will notice that water or humid areas will brightly reflect the sun like a mirror when the angle between the plane and the sun is right.
ah AH ! That is interesting indeed ! :)

Gee-it looks almost like some kind of conflagaration (massive fire) but I did not notice smoke...weird-I am not sure it's the sun reflecting off of water or metal-there would (or at least to my mind) be scintillations-although the light did appear to be "pulsing"somewhat which gave the impression (to me at least) of some kind of fire. Most interesting-perhaps Data is correct AND IT IS light reflecting off water or?

It could be a solarpanel field or some sort of metallic Dom, like storage circuit?

When seeing a photo or a video that shows something weird, the first step before panicking should be trying to find a reason that explains the phenomenon within conventional concepts. I have seen so many youtube videos that were labelled as "HUGE mothership/UFO/ORB!!!" that later turned out to be nothing like that at all. Consider first the following list of explanations:

* Intentional forgery
* Artifacts caused by photo/video optics
- Caustics
- Lens flare
- Internal reflections of bright objects that appear diametrically opposite to the image center
- Chromatic aberration of lens or atmosphere (for the atmosphere, this includes color fluctuations over time)
* Artifacts caused by the CCD imaging chip
- Overexposure leading to horizontal/vertikal streaks
- Imperfection/noise in the semiconducting material that always appears when amplifying low-exposure images
* Damage to image data caused by faulty transmission from satellites (as was frequently the case with SOHO images)
* Motion blur (especially stars that get interpreted as snake-like UFOs)
* Reflections and shadows of any kind (keep in mind the angles of the camera, object and light source)
* Micro-particles in front of the lens that get illuminated by the flashlight
* An object that is indeed there but is mislabeled or not even considered (e.g. there was one video which labelled the moon in front of the sun as "HUGE flying disc")

This is a list of artifacts that were interpreted as "strange", and that I've encountered over the last years in the web.

If all of those examples can be ruled out (which is a lot of thinking in itself), then it's worth considering something else, including hyperdimensional phenomena.

That is not to say that hyperdimensional phenomena cannot appear disguised (intentionally or unintentionally) as one of these examples.

It's also worth noting that if there is any evidence that could point to a larger reality, this evidence will be covered up more than in any other avenue of study. So, for any real phenomenon that you see on the web, there are probably dozens if not hundreds of fake ones.

There is another element that is completely independent from "finding explanations" : the symbolic meaning. For instance, if a lens reflection happens to appear in the shape of a horse (as has happened during the demonstrations in Egypt), and you can demonstrate that it is indeed a reflection, it still does not change the fact that it looks like horse and that it can communicate something to someone who understands what it means.

All of this has to be kept in mind to approach an informed explanation (even if the explanation is "I do not know"). This process is essentially to separate a signal from the noise. It is useless if everything is labelled as "weird" as it is to discard the "weird" immediately. Most people do that because they want to believe. It would be better IMO to be open to both approaches, to be willing to collect a lot of data samples before judging anything.

In any case, it really would be helpful for anyone looking at such pictures/videos to play around with optical equipment for a long time to get a good feeling about it's properties and behavior.

Edit: Typos

Data, have you read w :)hat I said in the first place ? I wasn't even sure that this video was worth mentionning ... :)

Ekios said:
Data, have you read w :)hat I said in the first place ? I wasn't even sure that this video was worth mentionning ... :)

Yet you posted it on this forum?

Ekios said:

I know. My post was not intended to criticize you but to address questions that pop up again and again, not just in this forum but in the internet at large.

Back
Top Bottom