Videos of strange and mysterious objects and other phenomena in the sky

I posted the stills below from last night on the Eclipse thread. I also just quickly edited two minutes of the video and attached it as a link to my YT channel below.

April.08.2024 Lights

This very energetic light hung around for at least an hour. When I went to bed it was still out there doing the exact same thing. I checked in the morning at 0630 before going to work, but it was already bright out and the light was gone

To give a bit of background, I'm not an expert at using the night vision yet, and I really should have gone into the basement and dug out the tripod to stabilize it. But I thought I might miss it doing something ;-)

I wear glasses, so usually with the light pollution and atmospheric effects, everything looks kind of twinkly to me in the night sky. I have a general idea of where the stars and planets are supposed to be - so even if I see something out of the ordinary - I don't grab the night vision. We live close to downtown and the police helicopter is overhead all the time. Usually what will catch my attention is a high-flying jet - because it's blinking and I can't hear it yet. But after watching for a while, a clear flight path and the engines will become clear.

This light may have been slightly moving South to North, but not much. If I had to guess, I would say it was between five and ten thousand feet. Much higher than a landing plane or the police chopper, but nowhere near where a big jet would be overflying to another destination.

When I took the night vision out last night, it was because Jupiter looked bright and I wanted to see it. Before I scanned over to Jupiter, I found this. Maybe a light effect? But I scanned the other stars and they all looked like they usually do through night vision. This light was completely different. I did bring my wife out and she was surprised because this light was barely visible with the naked eye and looked like a dim star. But once it came onto the night vision, it looked completely different.

The night vision idea came from Paulides - who uses 4th generation military stuff. Which are out of my range for the cost. The Sionyx Aurora is still pricey, but you can find them on e-bay for a deal occasionally. They also film in colour, which I thought could be an advantage - even though you lose resolution. This light could be some odd atmospheric anomaly, but I don't thing it's a drone, plane or satellite due to its brightness, silence and the fact it barely moved for over an hour.

View attachment 94177View attachment 94177View attachment 94178View attachment 94178View attachment 94179View attachment 94179

Interesting. Thanks for sharing! A couple of questions:

- You said your wife saw it with the naked eye? Did you see it with the naked eye, too? If so, that pretty much rules out a light reflection/light effect within the camera system.

- It was dark/night outside, right?

- Was the “blinking“ that can be seen in the video also noticeable with the naked eye?

- Did the light appear to be behind/above the clouds at all points in time? If not;

- Did you see and/or record the light infront/below the clouds? If so, can you share it with us?

- Have you checked with the program called “Stellarium“ if there was a star and/or planet visible at this point and place in time? You can put in your exact location and the time you were looking into that program and then you can look at the night sky in the direction you were looking and you can compare.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing! A couple of questions:

- You said your wife saw it with the naked eye? Did you see it with the naked eye, too? If so, that pretty much rules out a light reflection/light effect within the camera system.

- It was dark/night outside, right?

- Was the “blinking“ that can be seen in the video also noticeable with the naked eye?

- Did the light appear to be behind/above the clouds at all points in time? If not;

- Did you see and/or record the light infront/below the clouds? If so, can you share it with us?

- Have you checked with the program called “Stellarium“ if there was a star and/or planet visible at this point and place in time? You can put in your exact location and the time you were looking into that program and then you can look at the night sky in the direction you were looking and you can compare.

Thanks @Cosmos for the Stellarium tip.

That clears up what exactly I am seeing in the western sky with the horizon. The general area this light was somewhere between Betelgeuse and Aldebaran. I checked last night in the sky with the night vision (the sky was much clearer) and there was nothing anywhere that looked like this light. Yes, it was completely dark out Monday when I shot this (90 min after sunset) - the night vision makes it look like it's not.

Yes, we could both see a dim star-like object with the naked eye. Only with the night vision, did the multi-coloured light show up - it also looked much bigger. The blinking wasn't noticeable to the naked eye - it just looked white.

Regarding the clouds - they were definitely moving in front of the light. They were thin, high clouds and the light was only barely obscured by them as the clouds moved.

From what I can tell on Stellarium, the exact spot doesn't seem to match any bright star in the area. All the stars below the object were obscured by clouds that night. I could see Betelgeuse clearly and a number of stars higher in the sky, but nothing below the light. I'll add to that, I've never seen a multi-coloured frantic pulsing object through night vision. The speed and intensity in which the lights changed while not moving was very unusual - it looks like it's covering the light spectrum as well. Jet lights show up in their usual pattern, but they look like Jets and you can see the plane shape with the night vision.

Replaying the clip through the camera itself is much clearer and closer with more of a shape-changing look to it. Unfortunately that doesn't come through on the transfer and compression that happens with the rendering of the video file.

Thanks @Cosmos for the Stellarium tip.

That clears up what exactly I am seeing in the western sky with the horizon. The general area this light was somewhere between Betelgeuse and Aldebaran. I checked last night in the sky with the night vision (the sky was much clearer) and there was nothing anywhere that looked like this light. Yes, it was completely dark out Monday when I shot this (90 min after sunset) - the night vision makes it look like it's not.

Yes, we could both see a dim star-like object with the naked eye. Only with the night vision, did the multi-coloured light show up - it also looked much bigger. The blinking wasn't noticeable to the naked eye - it just looked white.

Regarding the clouds - they were definitely moving in front of the light. They were thin, high clouds and the light was only barely obscured by them as the clouds moved.

From what I can tell on Stellarium, the exact spot doesn't seem to match any bright star in the area. All the stars below the object were obscured by clouds that night. I could see Betelgeuse clearly and a number of stars higher in the sky, but nothing below the light. I'll add to that, I've never seen a multi-coloured frantic pulsing object through night vision. The speed and intensity in which the lights changed while not moving was very unusual - it looks like it's covering the light spectrum as well. Jet lights show up in their usual pattern, but they look like Jets and you can see the plane shape with the night vision.

Replaying the clip through the camera itself is much clearer and closer with more of a shape-changing look to it. Unfortunately that doesn't come through on the transfer and compression that happens with the rendering of the video file.

If you check with Stellarium, was Sirius or any of the following mentioned stars near (they can twinkle in different colors)?:

If you check with Stellarium, was Sirius or any of the following mentioned stars near (they can twinkle in different colors)?:

Sirius is obscured by the buildings in the neighbourhood this time of year. And definitely I've seen that one twinkling as well as others with the naked eye. Stars don't twinkle in night vision - they look like balls.

This light pulsed the the full spectrum of light every second. If you take a second look at the YT video - slow it down to .25 you can see the changing colours more clearly. Also, remember I found it by accident. It was barely visible to the naked eye.

I'll do a quick experiment tonight and film the same general area of the sky if it's clear. It's hard to get a reference point without seeing what normal objects look like through night vision.

Sirius is obscured by the buildings in the neighbourhood this time of year. And definitely I've seen that one twinkling as well as others with the naked eye. Stars don't twinkle in night vision - they look like balls.

This light pulsed the the full spectrum of light every second. If you take a second look at the YT video - slow it down to .25 you can see the changing colours more clearly. Also, remember I found it by accident. It was barely visible to the naked eye.

I'll do a quick experiment tonight and film the same general area of the sky if it's clear. It's hard to get a reference point without seeing what normal objects look like through night vision.
Check the 1:00 mark at .25 Speed. It think that section reveals the actions of the light the clearest. :-)

Good idea! I would be interested in seeing the night sky at the same time and same angle with that experiment. As far as I can see so far, you could have really captured something unusual.

Last edited:
The alleged ship looks like the Ouija piece, at the end of the video the object escapes at high speed.
Urban music singer J. Balvin witnessed a UFO. "The first time I see one of those things" says the Colombian singer between colloquial expressions. At the end of the video the alleged ship, in the form of Quija's pointer, moves away very quickly.

Screenshot_20240410-204156_X.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240410-204156_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240410-204156_X.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 3
I don't know if this photo was taken during or after the eclipse or if it was at another place and date.
The lower photos have pixellation around the sphere that suggests it was edited in, and the reflection pattern on the sphere doesn't look like it matches the landscape, either. Not 100% sure of this, but I'd put it in the 'probable fake' basket without further info.

The lower photos have pixellation around the sphere that suggests it was edited in, and the reflection pattern on the sphere doesn't look like it matches the landscape, either. Not 100% sure of this, but I'd put it in the 'probable fake' basket without further info.
I second this, beyond the differences in pixelation, the sphere doesn't seem to have the same white balance as the photo

Back
Top Bottom