War in Israel-Palestine - October 2023

Puma

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Information under development

Hamas militant group launches unprecedented operation against Israel with rockets and infiltration

JERUSALEM (AP) — Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip carried out an unprecedented infiltration Saturday into southern Israel and fired thousands of rockets into the country as the ruling Hamas militant group announced the beginning of a new operation.

Israel began striking targets in Gaza in response, setting the stage for what was likely to be a new heavy round of fighting between the bitter enemies.

Videos posted on social media showed what appeared to be uniformed Palestinian gunmen inside the Israeli border town of Sderot. A video from Gaza showed what looked like the lifeless body of an Israeli soldier being trampled by an angry crowd shouting “God is Great.” Another video appeared to show Palestinian militants dragging away a live Israeli soldier on a motorcycle. Other videos showed a crowd of Palestinian men dancing around and atop an Israeli tank that was on fire. The authenticity of the videos could not immediately be verified.

The elusive leader of Hamas' military wing, Mohammed Deif, announced the beginning of what he called “Operation Al-Aqsa Storm.”

“Enough is enough,” he said in the recorded message, as he called on Palestinians to join the fight. He said Hamas had fired over 5,000 rockets into Israel.

Salah Arouri, an exiled Hamas leader, said the operation was a response “to the crimes of the occupation.” He said fighters were defending the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem and the thousands of Palestinian prisoners held by Israel.

The Israeli military confirmed an infiltration had occurred in several locations near the Gaza border in southern Israel. It ordered residents to remain indoors.

“The military declares a state of war alert,” it said in a statement. “In the last hour, the Hamas terrorist organization had begun a massive shooting of rockets from the Gaza Strip into Israeli territory, and terrorists infiltrated into Israeli territory in a number of different locations

It seems there was a KILLING

Yeah, I was just looking at that. Twitter is full of crazy videos! The situation is not yet clear but from what I can gather, Hamas and probably other militant groups not only launched several rockets into Israel, but also crossed the border and infiltrated settlements, apparently shooting at anyone around, in a coordinated attack. There are pictures of Israeli civilians killed, at least one tank destroyed and a soldier wounded or dead being trampled by a mob. Also, several military vehicles stolen, and the rockets started fires and destroyed several cars. Shoot-outs inside Israeli settlements! Israel now declared a state of war. The Cs did say that October would be interesting, but I wasn't expecting this! :scared:

Another source:

BREAKING: ISRAEL DECLARES ‘STATE OF WAR’ & MOBILIZES SOLDIERS AS HAMAS ENTERS ISRAEL

- Hamas attack Israel, the largest in decades

- Hamas claim they fired 5,000 rockets

- Militants ENTERED ISRAEL from Gaza

- Israel declares war, mobilizes soldiers

- Hamas military chief:

“If you have a gun, get it out. This is the time to use it – get out with trucks, cars, axes. Today the best and most honorable history starts.”

- Israel Defense Forces

“In the last hour, the Hamas terrorist organization has begun a massive shooting of rockets from the Gaza Strip into Israeli territory, and terrorists infiltrated into Israeli territory in a number of different locations.”

“The Hamas terrorist organization is the sovereign in the Gaza Strip and is responsible for this attack. It will face the consequences and responsibility for these events.”

We will continue to update the news below as the story develops.

I wonder how this will play out and what the Israeli retaliation will be. If big enough it could eventually turn into a full blown war. Very interesting in the context of what the Cs said about a war in Palestine.

Q: (L) Well we plan to. What is going to happen with the Middle-eastern situation; this Afghanistan or whatever?
A: Herding of population to much finer order of control.
Q: (L) What is the purpose of this control; this increasing control.
A: Preparation for war in Palestine.
Q: (L) But nobody has said anything about having a war in Palestine. They're all talking about having a war in Afghanistan. How does Palestine fit in here?
A: It is the ultimate objective of Israel.
Q: (L) Why would they want to have war in their own country? Well, aside from the fact that they've been having a war in their own country for a long time. I guess they want to bring it to a final conclusion. What is going to be the result of this plan?
A: Destruction of Jews.
Q: (L) Well obviously this is not what THEY are planning, is it?
A: No.
Q:(L) They are planning destruction of Palestinians, right?
A: Yes.
If, according to the Cs, the war is the ultimate objective of Israel, I wonder if perhaps it is possible that the attacks of Hamas are partly inspired to enable a retaliation.

It is also the 50th anniversary of the Yom Kippur War almost to the day.

Well, is it still too early to mention Mossad?

This seems like a large scale operation, too large for me to expect it to go completely unnoticed beforehand. It's doomed to fail, and the retaliation by the IDF is potentially massive especially given the makeup of the current Israeli government.

Back
Top Bottom