What are you listening to?

Alice Coltrane - Nataraja (Glorious Chants)

Charanam (Turiya Sings)

Er Ra (Divine Songs)

I love these four albums of hers: Turiya Sings, Divine Songs, Infinite Chants and Glorious Chants.. Based on Vedic chants, some solo, some with choir... sung with organ/harp/strings/synthesizer accompaniment. My favourite song is Radhe Govinda from Infinite Chants, but that's not on youtube.

I got the album a few years ago, and i hasardously felt on it recently, re-listen to it and ... well, it vibes well with me at this moment, 3rd time i'm re-listening to it while working. This is the album released by the french group Daft Punk for the remake of the Tron movie "Tron Legacy". this is almost only instrumental, and it's ... wazaaa, great !
Enjoy !

<iframe width="1185" height="504" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I just discovered this original interpretation...which I find great
(
je viens de découvrir cette interprétation originale...que je trouve super)

Black Sabbath, Into the void. Many people I know are a bit sniffy about Sabbath, thinking that they're a bit simplistic. Ah, I hear them, but when they combine a heavy riff with a pithy lyric then I'm always pleased. Their first 5 albums are amazing. Kudos to bassist Geezer Butler, who also was behind most of their early lyrics.

Still enjoying the Stones after Charlie's sad departure. This is a stand out track from what is arguably their best album. Just really brilliant playing and great layered multi-track production, in an age where that wasn't so common. The sax solo from Bobby Keys is just so good.

I'm a little emotional right now... :-/ My husband is now in rehab for the 5th week and at the beginning I longed for this time because I was looking forward to having time ONLY for myself again. But now I am just happy when he is back home on saturday and I can see and feel him again, when we can laugh together again. I miss him... this was the song at our wedding where my uncle took me to him and handed me over to him. It is made for us...

All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I′ve been
And how I got to where I am
But these stories don't mean anything
When you′ve got no one to tell them to
It's true... I was made for you

I climbed across the mountain tops
Swam all across the ocean blue
I crossed all the lines and I broke all the rules
But baby I broke them all for you
Because even when I was flat broke
You made me feel like a million bucks
You do and I was made for you

You see the smile that's on my mouth
It′s hiding the words that don′t come out
And all of my friends who think that I'm blessed
They don′t know my head is a mess
No, they don't know who I really am
And they don′t know what I've been through like you do
And I was made for you...

All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I′ve been
And how I got to where I am
But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to
It′s true... I was made for you

Oh yeah, well it′s true... that
I was made for you...

Still enjoying the Stones after Charlie's sad departure. This is a stand out track from what is arguably their best album. Just really brilliant playing and great layered multi-track production, in an age where that wasn't so common. The sax solo from Bobby Keys is just so good.
I knew Bobby. He used to drop into Tulsa to hang out and jam with some of my musician friends. His autobiography, Every Night's a Saturday Night, is a great read. Mick didn't like him, too rough around the edges, but he got on famously with Keith. Keith would sneak him onto tours and sessions, which is how that solo came to be at the end of Can't You Hear Me knocking. The band was vamping the end for an engineer fade, so he just started playing. Its one of my all time favorite rock and roll solos. He grew up in Texas with Buddy Holly.

I didn't think Coldplay's The Scientist could get any better, but here it is slowed and with reverb. And they keep the voice unchanged, so it seems like a slower and longer song:

Here's Plowed by Sponge. I think we could all use a prayer these days. And it sure seems like a "world of human wreckage."

Back
Top Bottom