What are you listening to?

One of my favorite songs by one of my favorite metal bands.

Epica - The Holographic Principle - A Profound Understanding of Reality

(FYI @brandon video above not available in US)

Ah sorry.. It was Five Miles Out by Mike Oldfield.. An old favourite of mine, went hand-in-hand with my childhood Bermuda Triangle obsession :) There are various copies on youtube but that was the only one I found with the 80s-tastic music video! Here's another copy, but I still don't know if it'll work in the US either:

UUTAi Olena. Shaman Initiation

You had this posted in 2020, and only became aware after checking the name upon seeing her perform on stage (see below). What I was looking for was related to a post in the April 2022 Session thread to see if they (from Yakutsk) could be cross referenced (have not found anything, so not sure of where it actually was and when). What came of it though was the Siberian location, the "Sakha, also known as Yakutia or Yakutiya, is a republic of Russia," see here, and they overlap just east of the Tungusic peoples - see here. The latter live in the area where the Tunguska event took place, and the Yakutsk are is part of the Sakha region (about a million people).

This singer/artist UUTAi Olena reaches vocal peaks and pitches that are very unique - in and out of animal mimicry and other, and then she energetically plays the Jaw Harp, called the Khomus, with a description:

Almost all people of the world have a Jaw harp. Despite various names, the only purpose is to unite the people and soften their hearts.

The harp alone is pretty intense.

Back
Top Bottom