What are you listening to?

Interesting, I didn't know. FWIW, the comment quoted below from a YouTube user was in reference to track 3 of the Sacred Spirit album I posted above called "The Counterclockwise Circle Dance", which is apparently not from the Native American Indigenous people from but from the Saami Indigenous people:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgb0uq2lpVozRMgtmjFTNJw
This is not a native American song. It’s sung in Samisk, the language of the Saami. Samisk is spoken by the Saami in their native Northern Europe – Finland, Norway, Sweden and northwestern Russia.

She links the very first out of four videos below in her comment. The other three I found while searching for other Saami music on YouTube.

Normu Jovnna (Angelin tytöt)​

Three Sámi Joik Songs (Angelin tytöt)​

Angelin Tytöt - Dolla (Fire)​

MAXIDA MÄRAK - Sapmi Awards Jojk (Video)​

Thank you for the great music you are sharing.
When I was about 16 or 17 years old in the mid 80's, I loved the music of Dire Straits. But I only knew the tracks that were played on the radio usually.
Then a friend who had greater access to a wide variety of music, and knowing my love for this group, made me listen to this song.
That was a great moment.
It was like feeling the movement of my own inner world, in the form of sound.
That's how I felt at that time, and to this day it still moves me every time I listen to it.
I hope you like it🎼:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom