What are you listening to?

Such a beautiful song... and so true... I'm a bit pensive today... the soundtrack in general is very beautiful to this film :love:

[Refrain]
Run, dare to run
Through death into life
Run, dare to run
Through the darkness into the light

[Verse 1]
Take the chance to live, help yourself
Feel that summer is yours
Take the chance to live, take a step forward
Or backwards if you want
Take the chance to live, stand in its midst
Meet the storms with a shout

[Chorus]
Run, dare to run
Through death to life
Run, I dare you to run
Through the darkness into the light

[Verse 2]
Don't despair, but you can cry
And understand that the future can forgive
Don't paint the whole canvas black you've been given
Allow other colours sometimes
Don't regret, but you can learn
Then you go through the labyrinth by heart

Soldier of Fortune, by Deep Purple. Well worth a listen, a very atypical song for a hard rock band. I can hear this song when walking in my suburbs, cheers me up too.

An older Neil Young and Crazy Horse sing some new songs January 22, 2020...if you watch the whole video there are some F words etc.

I will try to just play some parts...to save delicate ears from the harsher language. Hopefully these songs will just open in a new tab on your browser of choice and you can just return to the tab for this thread to continue.

Song 1

Song 2

Song 3

Song 4

"Don't forget love..." ..."before your computers turn on you" love you guys.

Soldier of Fortune, by Deep Purple. Well worth a listen, a very atypical song for a hard rock band. I can hear this song when walking in my suburbs, cheers me up too.

@SlipNet I could not access the link for some reason but I found another link that worked and I see why you liked it:

Hope it is the same song you are listening to. I think it is beautiful too.

One good song sometimes leads to another I guess... this is a repeat probably but "Stairway to Heaven" is in a way what we are trying to find and many artists have expressed the thought in their own way... so I just repeat one song that has I am sure already been presented:

@SlipNet I could not access the link for some reason but I found another link that worked and I see why you liked it:

Hope it is the same song you are listening to. I think it is beautiful too.

Yeah, that's the song. I absolutely love hearing fresh renditions of this. David Coverdale is one of my favourite singers, he has a very unusual method. He stated in interviews that he sings from the gut, so a possible vagus nerve practitioner? It gives him a vast bottom-end, plus he's got the throat for range and reach in his voice. Glad yo like this song, it's a little known classic, only die-hard Purple fans know this one.

Ah, this is an obvious choice, but hearing this just now on my youtube feed, it just floored me. It sounds very 80's in sound, but in its heart this song is pure Otis Redding. Just imagine hearing him sing it. I've gotta say, rediscovering Peter Gabriel has enriched my life these last few months.

Back
Top Bottom