What are you listening to?

Two fine pieces by Alan Stivell, from the album "Renaissance de la Harpe celtique".
"Ys is a piece inspired by the legend of the 5th century capital of the kingdom of Cornwall, [most versions of the legend place the city in the Douarnenez Bay on the coast of Brittany] which was engulfed by a flood as punishment for its sins.
[T]he highlight of this record is "Gaeltacht," a 19 minute musical journey by Stivell's harp across the Gaelic lands of Ireland, Scotland, and the Isle of Man."

Ys:

Gaeltacht:

Secret Society (Necro, Ill Bill) - The Plague

REL!G!ON - Lucid (Feat. Moka Only and E d g e) Underground Hip Hop

Explicit lyrics*

I'm listening to the Outlander novel series, which involves time travel through ancient stone circles. Almost finished with the series. Quite an epic! A good bit of it takes place in the mountains of western North Carolina in the years leading up to the American Revolution. I knew the area was settled by Scots, but now I know more about how and why they came to live there. Well researched, I think. The TV adaptation is a little different to the books, but a visual feast nonetheless.

Bayaty- Gurdjieff/De Hartmann

Concert performed by the group Mundowaflar in Sala La Imperdible on April 8, 2010, as part of the jazz cycle organized by the University of Seville (Spain)
Angel Andrés Muñoz: Piano
Nacho Botonero: Sax
Nacho Megina: Battery
Estanislao Waflar: Double Bass

Back
Top Bottom