What are you listening to?

I've been listening to this guy Alex Melton's covers for some months now. I'd say he's my favorite musical artist. He also has good covers of Wide Open Spaces and All I Want for Christmas Is You, but here's Taylor Swift's Love Story:

Some months ago I saw this cover of Don't Stop Believin' by Post Modern Jukebox. They do good covers too. It seems like I would catch this song on the radio once a week during quarantine and the only time I'd listen to the radio. Maybe they were trying to cheer people up.

I am not sure why this seemed like a "positive 'sign'" but I did see a raven sitting on a cross in the imagery. Personally, I think Paleochristianity is much more hopeful than that

Following yesterdays extraordinary events in the US Capitol, noticing c.a.'s cryptic comment in the current dream thread (that I could wax lyrical about for hours...);

Is three AM the witching hour, of this possible beaming?

And posting concerning the funky 'Q Anon-shaman' with the rather Odin-esque 'Valknut' tattoo over his heart - ended up reminding me of your comment this morning goyacobol.

Blasted awake at 0300 by this very groovy tune;

That turned out to be a Bob Marley cover actually - with some pretty funky lyrics, these in particular catching the eye;

Jah would never give the power to a baldhead
Run come crucify the Dread.

Time alone - oh, time will tell:
Think you're in heaven, but ya living in hell

Which then got me trying to remember if 'Thought and Memory' were Crows or Ravens...but anyway learnt something anyway;

Rastafari use the terms Jah or sometimes Jah Jah as a term for the Lord God of Israel and/or Haile Selassie, who some Rastafarians regard as the incarnation of the God of the Old Testament or as the reincarnation of Jesus Christ

Something that then made the 'never give the power to the baldhead' lyric seem incredibly apt - because poor old Joe happened to be the first thing that came to mind...

Thinking then that @Neil might have enjoyed the resultant allusion?

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Anyway, awesome song and fantastic album, hope somebody digs it - 'Remedy' about to be turned up to 11 where I am.

:flowers:

Today should be a day of mourning and reflection for this week and for the victims of the Capitol riots.
Should have never happened and in an alternative reality I wish it could be reversed. Those who organized, incited and carried the riots should be held responsible, starting with the Deceiver-in-Chief.

This is the ending song from 'The Serpent', a TV drama about idealists failing prey to an unscrupulous character by deception. With a written dedication by its creators:
'To all intreprids who set out with big dreams. But never made it home.'

Adding to this dedication the name of Ashli Babbitt, the 35-yo California woman shot inside the Capitol on January 6th, who died with her backpack on.
And the other four victims who died in the stampede and chaos that ensued, named as:
Rosanne Boyland, 34, of Kennesaw, GA;
Kevin Greeson, 55, of Athens, AL;
Benjamin Phillips, 50, of Ringtown, PA;
and police officer Brian Sicknick, aged 42, mauled during the rampage.

May they rest in peace!~

“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."
(Matthew, 7:15)

Moonlight Mile
The Rolling Stones

When the wind blows and the rain feels cold
With a head full of snow
With a head full of snow
In the window there's a face you know
Don't the nights pass slow
Don't the nights pass slow

The sound of strangers sending nothing to my mind
Just another mad mad day on the road
I am just living to be lying by your side
But I'm just about a moonlight mile on down the road

Made a rag pile of my shiny clothes
Gonna warm my bones
Gonna warm my bones
I got silence on my radio
Let the air waves flow
Let the air waves flow

Oh I'm sleeping under strange strange skies
Just another mad mad day on the road
My dreams is fading down the railway line
I'm just about a moonlight mile down the road

I'm hiding sister and I'm dreaming
I'm riding down your moonlight mile
I'm hiding baby and I'm dreaming
I'm riding down your moonlight mile
I'm riding down you moonlight mile

Let it go now, come on up babe
Yeah, let it go now
Yeah, flow now baby
Yeah move on now yeah

Yeah, I'm coming home
'Cause, I'm just about a moonlight mile on down the road
Down the road, down the road

Here's a cover by Aurora of an Alanis Morissette's song. You know, when you like, even love an artist, there's almost always both head and heart implied to it. I'm a very cerebral guy, so it feels kind of strange for me to love Aurora only by heart. I have literally no explanation of why she speaks to me so much. And it's not firstly her music I love, it's her as a whole, so her music always feels like an extra gift from someone I love. It's like we came from the same place, you know.

The kind of taste which would ordinarily be associated with "guilty pleasures", but I'm not feeling guilty at all. I'm feeling special. Though with no sense of loneliness or of being misunderstood. The everyday kind of special.

Back
Top Bottom