What do the rich and powerful fantasize about?

Nearly every soul lives for a time in the state of illusion. The large majority of human beings when they die are dominated by the conception that substance is reality, that their particular experience of substance is the only reality. They are not prepared for an immediate and complete change of outlook. They passionately yearn for familiar though idealized surroundings. Their will to live is merely to live, therefore, in the past. So they enter that dream I call Illusion-land. For instance, Tom Jones, who represents the unthinking man in the street, will desire a glorified brick villa in a glorified Brighton. So he finds himself the proud possessor of that twentieth-century atrocity. He naturally gravitates towards his acquaintances, all those who were of a like mind. On earth he longed for a superior brand of cigar. He can have the experience ad nauseam of smoking this brand. He wanted to play golf, so he plays golf. But he is merely dreaming all the time or, rather, living within the fantasy created by his strongest desires on earth.

After a while this life of pleasure ceases to amuse and content him. Then he begins to think and long for the unknown, long for a new life. He is at last prepared to make the leap in evolution and this cloudy dream vanishes.

This really mirrors what my thought process was when I made this thread...that you will become bored with having everything you want... and this kinda answers my question!! You will long for something different, and unknown!!

And the pursuit of material wealth is a wasted effort. Once you have become independent, the goals in life should be more altruistic.

Having started my adult life with nothing. ( my dad died at age 43 of Leukemia after a brief illness, the chemo is what caused his immediate death). This is not an easy lesson to learn and I feel a great weight lifted off my shoulders. Contemplating the purpose of life has been theme throughout my life...and now at age 58, feel like I am making real progress.

And the pursuit of material wealth is a wasted effort. Once you have become independent, the goals in life should be more altruistic.

Having started my adult life with nothing. ( my dad died at age 43 of Leukemia after a brief illness, the chemo is what caused his immediate death). This is not an easy lesson to learn and I feel a great weight lifted off my shoulders. Contemplating the purpose of life has been theme throughout my life...and now at age 58, feel like I am making real progress.
i would have liked to read about the progress you have made?

"[Elite] Ladies and Gentlemen... for one hour only..."

This week, Beyonce was paid a LUDICROUS amount of money to perform for one hour...
at the 'grand reveal' of
Atlantis the Royal, a new luxury resort in Dubai.

$35 million for an hour: Beyonce’s extraordinary Dubai payday

Beyonce was paid a reported $35 million for a one-hour show attended by more than 1000 people, including celebrities and “special guests,” as noted in a press release. In the hour-long set the singer performed 19 songs from her back catalogue, opening with a stirring rendition of Etta James’ At Last. Dubai's newest hotspot is already being referred to as 'the world's most luxurious hotel', with a suite coming in at around $285,000 (£230,000) a night...

How much was Beyoncé paid to perform at Atlantis The Royal in Dubai?

TMZ reports that Bey was paid a whopping $24 million (£19 million) for the set, the performance rumoured to be a 'launching pad' for her upcoming yet unconfirmed 'Renaissance Tour' despite not including any tracks from the 2022 album.

Other publications asses that the private concert came in at a much higher cost, with the DailyMail reporting that the musician took home an eye-watering $35 million (£28 million) for the performance.

View attachment 70046

As I read this article, I felt inspired to google : Beyonce Ukraine...

Beyonce Wears Ukrainan Designer For Her First Live Performance In Four Years

Beyoncé looked to local Dubai designer, Atelier Zuhra, for her canary yellow feathered outfit that opened the elaborate production, changing into looks from Dolce & Gabbana and Lebanon's Nicolas Jebran later in the show. However, it was the singer's pink corseted outfit by Ukrainian couture designer, FROLOV, that caught our attention.

View attachment 70052

It appears that Queen B's performance / payment has not been pleasing to everyone...
she has upset the
'woke' community...

Beyoncé divides fans with Dubai Atlantis Royal live show

Many fans were thrilled to see the return of Queen B, but others weren't happy because Dubai has strict laws against same-sex relationships. Renaissance, her latest album, has been celebrated for "honouring black queer culture" and taking inspiration from LGBT icons. It pays tribute to dance music that emerged out of the gay community and also references drag ballrooms in Harlem, New York.

Freelance music journalist Abigail Firth tells BBC Newsbeat Beyoncé's recent work is "indebted to LGBT culture". This might explain why some fans are uncomfortable about her making her live return in Dubai - and reportedly receiving $24m for it.

"It seems like a really misguided choice from her," says Abigail.
"She's obviously a multimillionaire anyway, she didn't really need to do this, she didn't really need the money.
"That's probably where some of the backlash is stemming from as well."
Dubai is part of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), a Middle Eastern country made up of seven regions that follow strict laws and have rules against homosexuality.

Nearby Qatar, which hosted the 2022 World Cup, has similar rules.
It was criticised for its attitude to LGBT people, its human rights record and its treatment of migrant workers.

What was Beyonce THINKING??!!!

"Honestly, after being paid all that money, isn't bringing attention to the plight of Ukraine via designer couture enough??"

Awwww, Beyonce, I can see your HALO... HALO... HALO...

View attachment 70049

Obviously, when you are obscenely rich, you get to be so deluded, you really think you are (reincarnated?) 'Royalty'. :lol:
paying so much for this circus is an offence to the poor.

There is a saying and I will break it down below:

Jeff: Hey Mark, Richard just sold his business he has a lot of money now. He is even starting another one.

Mark: Hey Jeff, that’s great I’m happy we are all doing well.

Jeff: Mark you are doing well but you will never have as much as Richard.

Mark: Richard will never have enough and I will always have more than I need.

Rich and powerful comes with a certain personality … never satisfied, greedy, always wanting more…. Not all Rich and powerful ppl but majority

I don't know Anart, I've come across a few posts, but it might be instructive and useful to open a new thread entitled: "Are we OK, after networking with Anart?
But is it reasonable to link Anart's facts with Benkostka?
Or am I overdoing it?
Where are we going?
Anart objectively helped me and her “style” of mirroring and or responding was just what I needed.

I’m not sure how one person can help everyone the same or if a person has the perfect recipe for every situation

She was a positive for me I don’t know about others

Back
Top Bottom