What globe? Flat Earth and Flat-Earthers

ankhepiphan

The Cosmic Force
Hello All,

There is no other subject more controversial and ridiculed so vehemently than the Earth not a being a Globe. At the same time as ridiculous as this subject may seem at face value, the evidence in support is extremely compelling, disturbingly out of balance with accepted understandings, and almost impossible to debunk.

I understand that the Cs will not answer a question "100% truthfully" if asked with bias because of Free Will issues, so I present the video below so that the argument can at least be understood. Please try to resist the programmed reaction to avoid the presented evidence, and see the entire video through.

_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk4YqPtvJao

So I'll ask it here for the first time I think:

"Is the Earth an enclosed technologically created world, and NOT a globe?"

Mod note: Link deactivated. Please deactivate links to known or possible sources of disinformation

Re: Is the Earth an enclosed technologically created world, and NOT a globe?

Which evidence are you talking about ankhepiphan ?
That what we see is not really what is ?
It doesn't mean that it can be whatever we wish it to be.
And this globe or not question seems to me some elaborate kind of wishful thinking, aimed at disinformation and dispersion...

Hey ankhepiphan, seeing as the video is 2 hours long could you list some major points the author discusses or a synopsis. And maybe we could go from there.

At 11:10 he says (_https://youtu.be/fk4YqPtvJao?t=11m8s)
I know I said years ago that the greater good was something that should be preserved....JFK, Pearl Harbor, and 911 were inevitable. I still believe it, and I understand the decisions. The globe illusion however has run its course over the last 500 years.

At this point there are pictures with questions flashing onto the screen.

Why were the four Kennedy sons doomed to fail

If pearl Harbor isn't destroyed, the whole world changes.

The US accomplished it's goal, was there an alternative?

I don't get a good feeling from the vid so far so maybe you could share what you think on why his claims are valid. And maybe what he was getting at in regards to the above points. I'm a bit confused because it almost sounds like he approves of what happened for the greater good but I may be missing something.

I appreciate your responses and understand what you are saying. I am not a "flat earther" in any way, but understand also that "evidence" can be whatever the PTB presents it to be, and that mathematical models can be designed to make certain ideas work. This can go for certain opposing ideas as well. Evidence it seems can be quite arbitrary at times I guess. I asked this question with great reluctance because of the stigma attached. I have no desire to see the physical structure of the earth in one way or another, because ultimately I don't think it is important or make a difference.

This is a subject that has always existed, and I inquired into this 'ridiculous' notion to see what could possibly sustains it, and I have no investment or desire to argue it one way or another.

In a world where everything of importance is hidden or obfuscated in many ways, I just wanted to know the fundamental answer to the question I guess.

ankhepiphan said:
I appreciate your responses and understand what you are saying. I am not a "flat earther" in any way, but understand also that "evidence" can be whatever the PTB presents it to be, and that mathematical models can be designed to make certain ideas work.

[snip]

In a world where everything of importance is hidden or obfuscated in many ways, I just wanted to know the fundamental answer to the question I guess.

You're right everything should be questioned even things that seems definitely settled.

I repeatedly saw direct evidence of the Earth not being flat, not by traveling into space but by sailing.

Sometimes I was in the middle of the sea and I would cross another sailboat. I would look at it going away towards the horizon and it would progressively disappear. First the hull, then the bottom of the mast then the top of the mast. It strongly suggest that the Earth is rounded at least where I was sailing.

This being said, when you think about it, it is indeed not so easy to directly prove that the Earth is round.

In a way, I understand the controversy too, because in order to see the shape or form of a system you're in, you have to be able to step outside it and that's not so easy when the system referred to is the planet.

I've spent approx 8 months or more on an aircraft carrier in the middle of the Indian ocean. It seems one can see curvature at the horizon when there's nothing but water and sky. Closer to land, in the vicinity of other boats and ships, I've noticed the same things Pierre mentions.

I've been to the top of a couple of mountains - Diamondhead in Hawaii and Big Bear in northern California - and have seen curvature. Laying on my back looking up at the stars at night while in sight of the horizon, and assuming the stars as a fixed field, I've experienced sensation that I would describe as movement of the planet as if it were spherical as compard with that background. I currently accept the use of a fixed star field because that assumption is also present in some explanations I've read about how some gyroscopes work (another topic).

I assume Earth is shaped as a sphere and is probably oval and this assumption is based on sensory information and any time I'm in any discussion on the subject, I'm aware of this assumption. I have no desire to prove anything by mere argument or debate but I do enjoy reading alternative views and seeing what they're based on.

If the Earth is not flat and perhaps not a globe(round), what other options are there?

Not being closed minded, I could very well entertain theories I have yet to think of...

Yes, Learning is Fun, but New Options to consider are also Fun...

:) :) :)

Pierre said:
Sometimes I was in the middle of the sea and I would cross another sailboat. I would look at it going away towards the horizon and it would progressively disappear. First the hull, then the bottom of the mast then the top of the mast. It strongly suggest that the Earth is rounded at least where I was sailing.

The hull dissapearing first is an interesting problem, which doesn't necessarily indicate curvature. This flat earth document from 1881 builds the argument that the hull dissapearing first, is a matter of 'dissimarly distant' perspective lines converging, making whatever is sitting directly on the horizon, 'melt away' first:

fig71.jpg
"The range of the eye, or diameter of the field of vision, is 110°; consequently this is the largest angle under which an object can be seen. The range of vision is from 110° to 1°. . . . The smallest angle under which an object can be seen is upon an average, for different sights, the sixtieth part of a degree, or one minute in space; so that when an object is removed from the eye 3000 times its own diameter, it will only just be distinguishable; consequently the greatest distance at which we can behold an object like a shilling of an inch in diameter, is 3000 inches or 250 feet."

[...]

The error in perspective, which is almost universally committed, consists in causing lines dissimilarly distant from the eye-line to converge to one and the same vanishing point. Whereas it is demonstrable that lines most distant from an eye-line must of necessity converge less rapidly, and must be carried further over the eye-line before they meet it at the angle one minute, which constitutes the vanishing point.

A very good illustration of the difference is given in fig. 76. False or prevailing perspective would bring the lines A, B, and C, D, to the same point H; but the true or natural perspective brings the line A, B, to the point W, because there and there only does A, W, E, become the same angle as C, H, E. It must be the same angle or it is not the vanishing point.
fig76.jpg
'H' is hidden in the field, going from C to W
[...]

fig83.jpg
The line A, B, represents the altitude of the mast head; E, H, of the observer, and C, D, of the horizontal surface of the sea. By the law of perspective the surface of the water appears to ascend towards the eye-line, meeting it at the point H, which is the horizon. The ship appears to ascend the inclined plane C, H, the hull gradually becoming less until on arriving at the horizon H it is apparently so small that its vertical depth subtends an angle, at the eye of the observer, of less than one minute of a degree, and it is therefore invisible; whilst the angle subtended by the space between the mast-head and the surface of the water is considerably more than one minute, and therefore although the hull has disappeared in the horizon as the vanishing point, the mast-head is still visible above the horizon. But the vessel continuing to sail, the mast-head gradually descends in the direction of the line A, W, until at length it forms the same angle of one minute at the eye of the observer, and then becomes invisible.

This "law of perspective" makes sense to me, but still need to confirm with better observations. Have seen cars 'melt', tires first 'into' the road, (car unproportionally scaled by distance) just a few hundred meters down a road. Though the road wasn't 100% flat, but the disc experiment from above doc checked out.

Even though it was mostly painful to watch, I did watch nearly the entire video except for the last ten minutes or so.

It looks to me that the guy presenting this video starts with a preconceived idea, a hypothesis in scientific terms, and then cherry picks the data and his interpretation of what this data indicates, so as to bolster his hypothesis, even though there are many other possibilities of interpretation. The complete lack of any data which might contradict his hypothesis is a dead giveaway.

As anyone who understands the actuality of the Scientific Method knows, even one contradiction of the hypothesis invalidates it, and one has to come up with a new one which would be more valid or accurate.

There are countless validations and data which show conclusively that the Earth is more or less spherical withj a slight equatorial bulge to totally invalidate this hypothesis. If there were any 'barrior' we would not be able to send probes to comets, other planets, and even the Voyager spacecraft whicjh have now reached the outer boundaries of our solar system at the heliosphere.

We most likely do have a 'Frequency Fence' designed to keep us all in check though.

Richard S said:
Even though it was mostly painful to watch, I did watch nearly the entire video except for the last ten minutes or so.

It looks to me that the guy presenting this video starts with a preconceived idea, a hypothesis in scientific terms, and then cherry picks the data and his interpretation of what this data indicates, so as to bolster his hypothesis, even though there are many other possibilities of interpretation. The complete lack of any data which might contradict his hypothesis is a dead giveaway.

So he couldn't even be bothered to explain phenomena like 'moonrise' or height differences in perception? (see attached pic)

Or any of the other "10 ways to know the Earth is unequivocally, absolutely, positively, 100% not flat?"

_http://www.smarterthanthat.com/astronomy/top-10-ways-to-know-the-earth-is-not-flat/

Attachments

• flatround.png
    flatround.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,202

Buddy said:
Or any of the other "10 ways to know the Earth is unequivocally, absolutely, positively, 100% not flat?"

_http://www.smarterthanthat.com/astronomy/top-10-ways-to-know-the-earth-is-not-flat/

Great link, but the comments are way better than the article itself. I mean, its one thing to question everything, which is always a good approach, but to insist on the fact that space travel doesn't exist at all, celestial mechanics must be a lie too, and everything is manufactured by some evil overlord, that's hard to comprehend, especially since google-earth exists.

But whats about the people who traveled around the world with a car, a motorbike or even by foot? They all made it back home alive. Or the "Mercator projection" making flat maps differ from observable reality? I guess, this is one example (besides the "hollow earth" people) where one can see that believing a lie actually really can damage your brain in a physical way.

Jeess... Take a good pair of binoculars, go to the seashore, look at the larger seavessels (at the horizon) coming in to port. Mostly you will see the bridge before the rest of the ship (depending on type), but most certainly you will see it from an 'underside'-angle. Look at the picture in Buddys comment.
What does this tell you?

Buddy said:
Maybe it's a rolling pentagram and explains why we have hell on earth.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember the old maxim " Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see" and it has always intrigued me. If this has some truth in it, I can understand the bit about what we hear is lies, but what is there about seeing that is false? I think maybe the answer centers around human eyes and brain. Why do we think that human eyes and brain are the only way to view the objective universe. We now know from research that every animal 'sees' their environment somewhat different from humans. Not only do they view a different spectrum of light but their brains do not interpret 3d space like humans do. We apparently now 'know' that dogs see in black and white and that space to dogs is more like a 2 dimensional filmstrip in their field of view. Coupled with this is how their very strong sense of smell alters how their brain interprets what they 'see'.
So what Objective Reality really is , is probably quite different from what any set of eyes and brain interprets. So what we view as light travelling in a straight line may actually be a curve, not from gravitational effects, but from a Klein-bottle-Universe viewing itself through awareness vehicles (like us and animals).
So maybe the Earth is flat, or saucer shaped, or a torus in the Objective Reality, but it doesn't really matter if we insist viewing it through the human eyes-brain complex because it will always transform into the globe or the plane (if you are a flat-earther). Now if we want to start viewing it through other means (eg spiritually) we may 'see' something quite different.

Back
Top Bottom