What is going on with me?

joejoeba said:
Rules! Better watch what I say!! I was responding to the pope anyway, he started it.
Believe it or not, the forum rules are here to create a comfortable environment for all the guests, including YOU. Surely you would wish others to have a pleasant environment to post in?

P.S- 'the Pope' You are in a better place than many in the world today. Apologies for tributarising earlier and trying to be funny. It did not go well. I fear that your original post was a cry for help in some ways in in that sense I was compelled to respond with my tongue attached to my inner cheek as in many ways you must know your answers.
I wish you well.

I apologize for being quick to jump at Moonwalker, I just didn't really find his first post helpful really. But I thank him for the patience, and everyone else for the responses.

Subsequently, you all have suggested I am to read. I've looked at a majority of the themes on the cassiopeian page, and there's skepticism in me. How does this information differ from any other new age mumbo jumbo going on? I'm not saying that I'm ruling it out completely, I find many of the topics quite compelling really. Is there more reading material I should be considering? Other topics that are reccomended?

And there is talk of psychism, which would surely explain some of the things I'm dealing with. Anyways to actively develop a better defensive system?

the_pope said:
I apologize for being quick to jump at Moonwalker, I just didn't really find his first post helpful really. But I thank him for the patience, and everyone else for the responses.

Subsequently, you all have suggested I am to read. I've looked at a majority of the themes on the cassiopeian page, and there's skepticism in me. How does this information differ from any other new age mumbo jumbo going on? I'm not saying that I'm ruling it out completely, I find many of the topics quite compelling really. Is there more reading material I should be considering? Other topics that are reccomended?

And there is talk of psychism, which would surely explain some of the things I'm dealing with. Anyways to actively develop a better defensive system?
Read, observe everything, expect to see unexpected things in every glance, and pay attention to yourself. Many strings will be struck inside of you, producing "sounds". Some are less distorted than others. You will hear some, called "interest", others called "reinforcement" and a host of others. Some will have purer sound if you listen with strong intent. Never ignore or squelch any, but categorize them. There will be many re-organizations of these groups, as you go along. There is no formula for this activity, it is important that you re-organize as you see fit, when and how it feels like you should. There is no right way, only a way. Play with it, but pay attention to the "why" when you re-organize.

It is an acquired skill to find a pure note amongst the cacophony. It will get easier to separate the noise from an isometric vibration, but you have to expose yourself to material: information, in all forms, and Observe how it strikes you.

First and foremost, you have to expose your "instrument" so that the World may play it, and you can listen, and then start playing your own tune when you start to understand the nature of the instrument.

And thinking, or sublimating that you are <insert label here> is very similar to assuming that an instrument can only play one note.

For your reference, here is a definition of sublimation (from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dict.asp?Word=sublimate pay attention to definition 2b):

sub

Hi Pope,
My first post was written because I didn't know your intentions.

It does seem your struggling but like Azur said you're not alone. I think one of the best places to start would be to read The Wave material and don't get too hung up on the psychic experiences because you'll figure it out.

hi, 'the pope'. (i'm going to assume your not the actual pope :lol:)

i'm not sure exactly what to say, but I feel compelled to say something, because I detect a cry for help and a seeking spirit.

so, lets see what I can come up with: as you can see from the various and somewhat confused (i think it's fair to say) responses you have got back, I think this shows that we are all struggling, at various levels, with different ideas, and also struggling with ourselves. So, when I was in a situation when I was seeking, but didn't know what I was seeking, I put a lot of energy into reading and searching and studying (mostly on the internet), and this sort of naturally developed after a long while into also studying myself.

So, my advice: take that 'questing/searching' impulse, apply it to into reading. 'The Wave' is a great read, and as moonwalker says is an excellent introduction into a lot of the material that is discussed in more details on this forum and its related sites, but if you try it and find you can't handle it (like I did, first time around) then just go and read something else first. If you put in the energy and intent, then there will be some result out of it, but who knows what - you just gotta do it and see.

I would also steer clear of things that depend on you sacrificing your will or awareness (such as drugs, or rituals, or institutional societies) because then you are more easily manipulated by others, and less likely to discover your real 'aim', whatever that might be.

so that's my thought, for what its worth ;-)

edit: I should really clarify that the reason I initially found that I wasn't ready to read 'The Wave' was that it contained a lot of concepts which clashed with my (then) current belief systems, and because these new concepts were so solidly backed up, it provided quite a substantial shock to my ego-system, and so created a strong 'ego-defense' mechanism of denial, which (I have since learnt) is quite a normal psychological self-preservation reaction. Then when I had read all kind of other (not necessarily related) information, my 'view of the world' was sufficiently softened up to seriously consider other ideas, without slamming instantly into denial. a good example of how that works with 'normal' people is to casually drop the word 'conspiracy' into a sentence and see what happens in their reactions!

sleepyvinny said:
edit: I should really clarify that the reason I initially found that I wasn't ready to read 'The Wave' was that it contained a lot of concepts which clashed with my (then) current belief systems, and because these new concepts were so solidly backed up, it provided quite a substantial shock to my ego-system, and so created a strong 'ego-defense' mechanism of denial, which (I have since learnt) is quite a normal psychological self-preservation reaction. Then when I had read all kind of other (not necessarily related) information, my 'view of the world' was sufficiently softened up to seriously consider other ideas, without slamming instantly into denial. a good example of how that works with 'normal' people is to casually drop the word 'conspiracy' into a sentence and see what happens in their reactions!
SleepyVinny I had a similiar reaction and I was walking around dazed and confused for weeks. I'd like to ask about this 'ego-defense' mechanism of denial that you had and how it manifested. For me I told myself "This is just crazy channeled material and you'd be nuts to believe it"

I live in the Toronto area. I am considering joining an esoteric group such as the hermetic order of the golden dawn, or the rosicrucians, or the free masons, but I worry for my eternal self. I've heard some not so nice things about the masons in particular, and the deities they choose to worship, and while I'm not deeply religious, I wouldn't want to completely -flick- myself over. Of course, does quantum existence translate into the parables of christ only being instructional, or will he be back?

Of course it is your choice, but might I suggest that you research these groups a bit more before you allign yourself with them. If you are open to it search this site, see what the C's have to say. I am not trying to be mean at all, but you seem a little scattered and unfocused. I was there myself not long ago. What I did was to start over from scratch. Yeah it is a lot of work, but there is so much faulty information out there. I felt like I owed it to myself to develop a good filter. That is why I am on this site.
Good luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom