What to do with "normal" people?

Deckard said:
Neil said:
Beautiful post. And very valid questions.
The first thing that follows the awakening is the urge to save the whole world, to enlight everyone. The second is this feeling of spiritual uniquness and in some casses even messianic complex. When all this passes there is just a sense of imense sorrow for your brethren and your home planet.
That was very true in my case. As regards "enlightening everyone", I overstepped the line with regards to my sister one evening. I definately felt a sense of righteousness in "informing" her of world events (this was about 2 years ago[at the time, she was 19]). I don't even remember what got me going (something I considered to be unimportant [what I failed to realize at the time, was that it was important to HER (lack of external considering on my part)]), but it was as if the flood gates were opened. What it amounted to was "mental rape". Her mind was NOT ready, ie primed with the requisite material, for what I laid on her. When she disappeared into the bathroom in the back of the house, I heard her sobbing all the way in the kitchen (the other side of an 1800sq ft home), I felt horrible - due to the realization of what I had "done". I apoligized and, if memory serves, I told her I didn't expect to be forgiven. She did though (anyone who can call my sister a friend, is luckier than it is possible for them to know, as she has the biggest heart of ANYONE I have come into contact with [including my mother (who is, in my opinion, an angel [always thinks of others first], almost to a fault).

Deckard said:
One thing is true - All humans are not equal, some are ready for the truth and some are not.
the feeling of isolation can be very heavy at times but I think the only way you can help others is by working on yourself. Very hard.
Yes indeed. Lead by example.
Deckard said:
When the light within you is lit and shines at its brightest maybe it will wake up the sleepers around you. Until then dont even try.
Yes indeed. Lead by example :)

Kris

All these posts are really inspiring.
From my , mainly hard, experiences, it is best not to mess with peoples boundaries.
If they want to be told, they will ask. Sometimes even hassle a lot, ( if you don't like them or cannot handle these people , then refer them to someone else)... But .. if they are someone you like, then find out what it is that THEY want to know, and see whether or not you are the suitable one to help them.

I have found out it is best Never to offer advice. Often people just want a listener, rather than an adviser.

The worst thing about trying your best to help others, is that you might come across as some Jehovah Witness , or some other forceful religious type.
Which is the last thing we want.

Gotta be cruel to be kind. I don't mean cruel. but tough love, I guess. ;)

Back
Top Bottom