What to eat at work which does not contain sugar?

Ellipse

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
In the middle of the afternoon, when I'm hungry, the only available solution at my company, is to buy something at the automatic distributor. An something without gluten mean a chocolate bar (witch contain soya). So it's mainly sugar.

I can't imagine myself coming with the saucisson at work, it's an office work.

I would be happy to hear what kind of strategy can be used here.

I always have dark chocolate in my drawer.

You can also find mini-saucisson which can be convenient, but unfortunately those of well-known trademarks usually contain bad conservatives. Maybe it's possible to find some not so bad.

Don't you have any place dedicated to taking a meal in your office? That's mean. Personally I came to conclusion that if I don't wanna poison myself with nuts/chocolate I have to forget about snacks. Good breakfast at home can run you till the dinner break. I bring chicken/lamb from home or go some place where healthy food is served. And though we don't have any kind of "food etiquette" at the office I give rat's ass about my colleagues' feelings on that matter ;-)

when I didn't have to wake up so early as 4 a.m. I eat breakfast at home, mostly eggs with bacon, that keeps you full for hours, but now I have to eat at work. I work mostly with guys so they have manly breakfast so to say:-), lots of meat, fish on fridays, I love it, So I bring wrapped steak or avocado and I don't care what that banana guy next to me will think. My son has his lunchbox in school often filled with what we call cevapcici, it's a minced meat baked in shape of a little rolls, other kids steal his lunch because they eat some salads and dry sandwiches from school cafeteria. if you can bring your own food, there's plenty of choice. To me this is the first job where I can eat, I worked in hellish conditions where I had 5 minute pause, and back to work.

I no longer go to an office (I work from home), but when I did, I made sure to take healthy snacks/lunches with me. The machines contain mostly poison.

I agree the comments above. The only suggestion i haven't seen yet, and which seems like a stealthier option, would be to take in a homemade soup in a flask which you can sip from a cup at your desk. The base of the soup can be bone broth with added butter for taste and satiation. You can make a big batch to last you the whole week. Plus it can be as light (less meat and vegetables) or as heavy (more) as you want it to be.

Oh, and, just incase you fancy a change one day, avocado based smoothies with some berries added for taste could be an option. There's also fat bombs. And these ideas have the added benefit of looking like 'regular' snacks.

It's likely that eating a bigger breakfast with more protein and fat will stave off hunger, but, depending what your job is, your working hours, sometimes our bodies just need to eat.

If you're having problems with work colleagues, you can always just tell them you're gluten intolerant, or, if you think they'll mock that, then tell them you're Celiac (extremely sensitive to gluten, recognised by the medical profession). Although I agree with aimarok, i'm not sure it's any of their business what you choose to snack on! But then i know office politics means that sometimes it's easier to tell a small lie.

Sadly, if you want to eat well, you have to invest some time. You can find decent things to snack on in super markets, but it's unlikely you'll find anything in the vending machine at work.

Last edited:
I used to work in the environment where people were sitting close together, noticing what others were doing/eating, and sharing snacks etc. While I was in that environment, the most of days I was eating well at lunchtime or eating bigger breakfast like itellsya suggested; I felt barely hungry for the rest of afternoon. (Sometimes I brought my butter tea or coffee with me.) Another thing I did was to be really open about my eating habits. When I was eating healthy snacks (ex. dark chocolates), I made sure to share them with people around me, so that people became aware that I was a heath conscious person, which made it so much easier for me and others when it came to sharing food. In that way, I didn’t feel bad about eating anything in front of others. And the others probably felt the same. I could always ask someone for a help eating wheat cookies on my behalf and so on. :-P

Back
Top Bottom