What's the purpose of life?

Yes, that's the 'Classical' off the peg answer, & pretty much meaningless on its own.

Hi,
Wanting to know the purpose of life is rather like asking to know the mind of 'God'. It would be like pouring 10lts into a thimble. As mortal beings there's no way we could comprehend a meaningful answer. I have chosen this path - that there is a purpose - as the alternatives makes no reasonable sense. Knowing there is a purpose is as good one can hope for. I will add, like others here have mentioned, learning is part of it. This is something I have found from more than one, unrelated, source. On this point the strategy becomes one of observation & not speculation. There will be hints as to what your lessons are. These can be quite subtle & also sometimes so obvious you look right through them. In either case if you are not 'quite' & observing then you will likely miss the cues. I want, I want, I want is not a quite & observing state, & we are under programming from our overlords to 'want' for this very reason. Speculating also interfers with observation. This is how it is for me. The information is usually in books, but not exclusively

There is certainly the idea of not forcing things too much; it's like being patient is itself a huge part of the learning. Makes sense since not being cautious enough is what got us here. Caution though is a tough concept because although you do want to look before leaping; you don't overall want everybody to just keep looking while the dude behind the curtain does whatever he wants.

March 11, 1995
Q: (L) Who was the snake?

A: Result of giving into temptation without caution, i.e. leaping before looking.

Q: (J) So we should exercise caution. (T) Okay, what was the snake? (J) The result of giving into temptation. The snake represents the classic... (L) So what you are saying to us is that the story of the temptation in Eden was the story of Humankind being led into this reality as a result of being tempted. So, the eating of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil was...

A: Giving into temptation.

Q: (L) So Oz was STS. And Kansas, not necessarily the physical surroundings, but the state of mind of Dorothy prior to the Oz experience, was the STO state.

A: Yes.

Back
Top Bottom