When parents interfere with ya life ?

At the farm where I used to work there were more than a few sheds filled with all kinds of junk - about a hundred spare tires, cans of old diesel, big loops of barbed wire, broken implements, and on and on. The stuff was kept around 'just in case' but generally took up really valuable space. So I can definitely see how you'd want to keep the clutter to a minimum!

To keep the grass down in certain areas, we laid down tin roofing, and then covered it with wood pallets. The bottom layer could be done with a tarp, although that would be flammable, and they degrade in the UV over time. Anyways, if you are going to keep the spare car around, and if fire is a concern and you can't cut the grass beneath the car, doing something like that may be an option.

Im sorry to hear about your situation with your dad @eightyfour . I also have trouble having a connection with my parents. When I was young, I usually just keep silent whenever I feel like they are crossing my boundaries. Not having the chance to learn, know and voice out my boundaries at a young age made me realize that I have developed bitterness even with people who act the same.

I am their only daughter and I have two brothers. I can see that they are more protective with me, without them being aware that it is suffocating at times. I am already 29 yet they still see me as their baby girl. I just laugh sometimes when they act like Im their baby. I am annoyed most of the time whenever my mom tells me what to do esp if she didnt ask me if I want to do it. I hear my mind saying like "here we go again. she is controlling me again." She'll ask me why do I react aggressively. I realize that the emotions I have kept mum for a long time was something that has already took up space and will show up when my parents act like they are crossing my boundaries again. I feel like they do not trust me and respect my decisions and cannot recognize that I am an adult now capable of decision making and whatever I want to do with my life.

With that, can it be that you feel like your boundaries are crossed? Maybe ask your dad what would it mean for him why he wanted to get you the car parts?

Im sorry to hear about your situation with your dad @eightyfour . I also have trouble having a connection with my parents. When I was young, I usually just keep silent whenever I feel like they are crossing my boundaries. Not having the chance to learn, know and voice out my boundaries at a young age made me realize that I have developed bitterness even with people who act the same.

I am their only daughter and I have two brothers. I can see that they are more protective with me, without them being aware that it is suffocating at times. I am already 29 yet they still see me as their baby girl. I just laugh sometimes when they act like Im their baby. I am annoyed most of the time whenever my mom tells me what to do esp if she didnt ask me if I want to do it. I hear my mind saying like "here we go again. she is controlling me again." She'll ask me why do I react aggressively. I realize that the emotions I have kept mum for a long time was something that has already took up space and will show up when my parents act like they are crossing my boundaries again. I feel like they do not trust me and respect my decisions and cannot recognize that I am an adult now capable of decision making and whatever I want to do with my life.

With that, can it be that you feel like your boundaries are crossed? Maybe ask your dad what would it mean for him why he wanted to get you the car parts?
I put a stop to it. I'm almost certain its a form of unchecked greed/hoarding.

@Princess Lux 🌷
Is the culture of where you live a culture that doesn't encourage people to move out of home at age 16 to 20. That was the social norm in the west.

@Princess Lux 🌷
Is the culture of where you live a culture that doesn't encourage people to move out of home at age 16 to 20. That was the social norm in the west.
Yes. Our culture observe filial piety but no boundaries are clearly established with it. I think most Asian countries have that culture. It's something that is commendable but one should be free to do it, i.e., caring for parents when they get old, or not and not solely dictated by culture. I think it's putting a burden to the child and can affect one's mental health, just coming from my experience.

Back
Top Bottom