Whitley Strieber: Psychopaths

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Now Whitley has gotten on the psychopathy bandwagon but boy is he ever showing his hand now!

Psychopaths are human-made monsters who cannot be cured with any methods or medicines we now possess. Psychologists now know that they are created by repeated childhood abuse, usually of a sexual nature.
http://www(dot)unknowncountry(dot)com/news/?id=5423

Yeah, talk about muddying the water? Cleckly's book "The Mask of Sanity" is replete with examples of true psychopaths that had exemplary upbringings!

Joe

Very interesting that he's been 'assigned' to this topic - can't give the populace easy access to information on this topic, or all is lost, eh?

Talk about damage control.

The funny thing is that many people would take Streiber's word on the situation as final, without even furthering their investigation. That article was mental 'junk food' compared to the in depth material found on the Cassiopaea.org and QFG websites.

You know, i thought this guy Strieber was just blowing hot air on his radio shows. But, it seems that the man has intensified his PR (public relations) campaign for the 'greys', with his new book of similar title.
This guy is thoroughly convinced that the 'greys' are benevolent and comes across as sincere to some, and a lunatic to others (i'm of the latter). Here's a link to expanded books where there is a video interview of the man promoting his new book: The greys.

http://www.expandedbooks.com/book.php?bookid=114

I think they're co-opting of this topic may work against them. I mean, if an interested party did further investigation on the topic they could easily stumble onto SOTT, we talk about it all the time. I did a scroogle scrape for psychopathy and "THE PSYCHOPATH - The Mask of Sanity" pops up 6th on the list. Not bad at all.

wilecoyote said:
You know, i thought this guy Strieber was just blowing hot air on his radio shows. But, it seems that the man has intensified his PR (public relations) campaign for the 'greys', with his new book of similar title.
This guy is thoroughly convinced that the 'greys' are benevolent and comes across as sincere to some, and a lunatic to others (i'm of the latter). Here's a link to expanded books where there is a video interview of the man promoting his new book: The greys.

http://www.expandedbooks.com/book.php?bookid=114
Yep, here is the promotional blurb,

Whitley Strieber's new book the Grays is in bookstores everywhere today, including large online bookstores like Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

You can listen to Whitley read the first thee chapters by going to Unknowncountry.com, clicking on "Listen Now" on the right side of our masthead, and scrolling down to the last item in the list.

People Magazine calls the Grays a "must read." Publisher's Weekly says, "a first-rate exercise in literary paranoia. It goes without saying that his abduction scenarios have a disturbing authenticity that even skeptical readers will find provocative." Booklist calls it "a terrific read."

Whitley will be talking about it on Coasttocoast AM with George Noory this Thursday, August 24th, and will be on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on September 12.

Whitley calls the Grays "a work of fiction like Majestic, built around evidence that I believe to be true but cannot document." The book contains fascinating information about the nature of the abduction experience, the rivalry between blonds and grays, the military side of the story, the phenomenal and unexpected reasons for government secrecy and the deepest levels of communication between the grays and human beings. This part of it is so vivid that it becomes hard to believe that Strieber has not experienced such contacts personally-and, in fact, his depictions of the struggle of a government 'empath' who communicates with a captive gray are, frankly, startling, and give rise to the question of whether or not Strieber has been involved in such activities himself.

Mutual Understanding

The failure to achieve mutual understanding causes frustration. People begin to argue in the debased sense of screaming and yelling at each other. When such arguing fails to produce agreement, and it almost always does, people stop talking to those they disagree with. This leads to alienation and estrangement. This means that you only talk to people who agree with you. The people who disagree with you only talk to each other. Over time, you begin to seem stranger and stranger to each other. Eventually, the people on the other side begin to seem really different. Looking at those you disagree with, it occurs to you that they are not like us. They are less than us. That is the process of dehumanization. It is a short distance from dehumanization to demonization. They are not simply different. They are wicked. This is when self-righteous violence becomes possible. - Professor Joel Tierno

Re: Mutual Understanding

celestialvisionz said:
The failure to achieve mutual understanding causes frustration. People begin to argue in the debased sense of screaming and yelling at each other. When such arguing fails to produce agreement, and it almost always does, people stop talking to those they disagree with. This leads to alienation and estrangement. This means that you only talk to people who agree with you. The people who disagree with you only talk to each other. Over time, you begin to seem stranger and stranger to each other. Eventually, the people on the other side begin to seem really different. Looking at those you disagree with, it occurs to you that they are not like us. They are less than us. That is the process of dehumanization. It is a short distance from dehumanization to demonization. They are not simply different. They are wicked. This is when self-righteous violence becomes possible. - Professor Joel Tierno

Hi cv, what does this post have to do with this thread?

Puck said:
I think they're co-opting of this topic may work against them.
Oh yeah!

I did a scroogle scrape for psychopathy and "THE PSYCHOPATH - The Mask of Sanity" pops up 6th on the list. Not bad at all.

If you google "psychopathy" (with a proxy for non targeted results) we're #4 out of 1,930,000 results

If you google "psychopath" (with a proxy for non targeted results) we're #2 out of 10,500,000 results :)

Jasun Horsley's case study of Whitley Strieber:

Prisoner of Infinity: Social Engineering, UFOs, and the Psychology of Fragmentation
Prisoner of Infinity examines modern-day accounts of UFOs, alien abductions, and psychism to uncover a century-long program of psychological fragmentation, collective indoctrination, and covert cultural, social, and mythic engineering.

Whether it is the forces of God, government, aliens from outer (or inner) space, or the incalculable effects of childhood sexual trauma on the human psyche, premature contact with these forces compels us to create “crucial fictions.” Such semi-coherent mythic narratives make partial sense out of our experience, but in the process turn us into the unreliable narrators of our own lives.

Taking UFOS and the work of “experiencer” Whitley Strieber as its departure point, Prisoner of Infinity explores how beliefs are created and perceptions are managed in the face of the inexplicably complex forces of our existence. While keeping the question of a non-human and/or paranormal element open, the book maps how all-too-human agendas (such as the CIA's MK Ultra program) have co-opted the ancient psychological process of myth-making, giving rise to dissociative, dumbed-down Hollywood versions of reality. The New Age movement, UFOs, alien abductions, psychism, psychedelic mind expansion, Transhumanism, the Space Program - what if they are all productions devised by committee in dark rooms to serve social, political, and economic goals that are largely devoid of true substance or meaning?

Through an exacting and enlivening process of social, cultural and psychological examination and excavation, Prisoner of Infinity uncovers the most deeply buried treasure of all. The original, uncredited author all mystery and meaning: the human soul.
http://us.karnacbooks.com/product/prisoner-of-infinity-social-engineering-ufos-and-the-psychology-of-fragmentation/40233/

Revisiting Prisoner of Infinity (Heaven Stormers)
Next month, Whitley Strieber & Jeffrey Kripal are releasing The Super Natural: A New Vision of the Unexplained. I have been sitting on the completed Prisoner of Infinity text (which I hope to publish in book form later this year or in 2017) for a while now, so this seems like a timely opportunity to release Part Two. Before I do, I am going to post Part One (all 12 chapters, with a few minor reductions) at this blog, material which so far has only been viewable in PDFs at the crucial fictions site. This is for any new readers and listeners who aren’t familiar with the subject matter, but also for those who are familiar with it and who might want to revisit it, in preparation for the new material. This latter should begin appearing sometime in March. I also hope to explore some of the subject matter on The Liminalist podcast.
https://auticulture.wordpress.com/2016/01/18/revisiting-prisoner-of-infinity-heaven-stormers/

THE LIMINALIST # 56.5: PIED PIPERS OF TRAUMA (WITH MIKE B) (PODCAST)
Talking with listener Mike B, on Jasun on Red Ice, what’s happening in Europe, the Conspindustry, the rape of Europe, an alternative to conspiracy theory, Lloyd de Mause & how the psyche responds to trauma, Whitley Strieber’s voice, reading Communion, the collective wound, culturally conditioned crucial fictions, individuating as entering into the world by becoming not of the world, that’s embodiment, working in a thrift store, success and ego inflation, the hunger for validation, brain happiness vs. body happiness, the cover of Communion, deceiving the elect, MKULTRA & the weaponized psyche, Jasun’s night visitations, how dreams are shaped by literature, Castaneda & the 2nd attention, opening up to big dreams, bringing objects from the dream realm into waking, the treasure is the psyche, trauma-mutation & super-powers, Bryan Singer & Hollywood sexual abuse, the sympathy of trauma, the Pied Pipers of trauma, Seen & Not Seen, collective dissociation mechanism & culture, dark fairy tales, Disney subliminals, Kubrick’s clues, Catcher in the Rye, using neuroses for teaching, have you ever met an operative? the percentage of operatives in your town, why synchromysticism makes operatives’ work easier, “stinkromysticism” and anal fixations in Hollywood, the question of who’s an operative, occultism and espionage, inside a single beast
http://auticulture.com/the-liminalist-56-5/

Strieber’s public response to Jasun:

Jasun Horsley • 2 years ago

I have not yet read the book, but I've followed Strieber for decades and to a lesser extent Kripal, who seems to be bent on providing Strieber with the legitimacy he feels he has until now so sorely lacked. I will be interested to see if the book touches on Strieber's involvement in MKULTRA-style psychological torture as a child and his later, off and on, admission to having been recruited by the CIA, not to mention his involvement with the Process Church of Final Judgment in the late 60s and the massive amount of evidence that, whatever was interfering with Strieber, was of all-too-earthly origin. I imagine not, since that would rather detract from Kripal's attempt to put Strieber in the Holy Prophet box of Moses and St. Paul. Apparently, both he & Strieber believe that trauma-based dissociation resulting from extreme forms of abuse are valid means to some transcendental end. A belief they share with those individuals responsible for creating MKULTRA and related programs, as it happens.... As always, the truth is stranger and far more disturbing than the ("non-")fiction.

Whitley Strieber to Jasun Horsley • 2 years ago

I don't get what seems to me an obsession with MK-ULTRA. I wonder if you believe yourself to have been affected by it somehow? I have no evidence that what happened to me as a child was related to MK-ULTRA. The only suggestions that children were involved in this program are sketchy at best.

Also, it's not apparent to me that Jeff puts me in any sort of "holy box." And to claim that I was "involved" with the Process Church of Final Judgement strikes me as an intentional, and entirely inaccurate, mischaracterization of what I have written on this subject. (I refer here to the review of Super Natural that you have been posting in various places.)

The "all too earthly origin" of my experiences isn't a possibility that I would reject, or have ever rejected. Generally ignored is the large-type statement in the frontispiece of Communion: "...Instead of shunning the darkness, we can face straight into it with an open mind. When we do that, the unknown changes. Fearful things become understandable and a truth is suggested: the enigmatic presence of the human mind winks back from the dark."

Us, in other words, contemplating ourselves in a way that we do not understand. Across our history, we have formed thousands of different systems of belief around this presence. Most recently, we think of it as aliens or, in your case, as something generated by some sort of secret conspiracy.

But what is it, really? My life is about asking this question. That is a "holy box" which I am proud to inhabit.

Linus Minimax to Whitley Strieber • 2 years ago

MKULTRA scenarios are similar enough to some experiences you've described, and relevant enough to the theme of the latest book, for its absence to be worth noting, no obsession required.
(from the review)

"MKULTRA is not mentioned in The Super Natural, not once. This is despite Strieber’s acknowledgment of participating in a secret, Nazi-run US program for gifted children in the early 1950s: exactly the time, place, and players involved at the inception of MKULTRA. Strieber’s experiences are mentioned primarily to show that his psychic prowess and otherworldly encounters are rooted in massive childhood trauma, and that he is the exception who proves, not the rule, but that MKULTRA’s methods—using extreme trauma to endow children with psychic abilities—occasionally worked."

Greg Tramel to Whitley Strieber • 2 years ago

Release your film on the Process Church if your involvement was only as an objective documentarian. The evidence, as it stands, clearly points otherwise.
https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/unidentified-scholarly-subject/#comment-2558632561

Back
Top Bottom